Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Ok. It's just that ancient greek temples dating back to ~500BC have signs of having been constructed with cranes. You'd THINK that they'd know about that, but then again if you had the ability to just 'Magic it' your civilization would develop a bit differently. :)

Ah!

That makes a bit more sense. Seeing as that they are quite high up, they would need near-satelite quality optics to get good images of something as small as a crane. Of course that's impossible.

Since the best known wand for multiple pillar casting is lost to history, (and quite fragile) what would you recommend to me?

If I was to cast a spell that had phemes from all the pillars, would there be any benefit to drawing the phemes from each pillar with a wand attuned to that pillar? Enough to cancel out the snickers of those watching on? I'm not talking about dual casting two spells at the same time with two wands, I mean drawing a pheme on a single palette with one wand, and then swapping them over and over until they're all done. Heck, since I'm on the subject... Are there wands made specifically for creating palettes?

Hmmmm. This is a difficult concept to ask a question on, but... I'ma gonna try!

So, if the "Casting" wand is the one that matters, then how is it understood in-setting if a spell that contained phemes from all pillars and say you had an incantation wand, whether that wand would be ideal for casting?

Is there supposed to be a overall ' wand affinity score' per pillar in the spell, and you only get the relevant effect if you meet the prerequisite by having X wand?

I know that this really doesn't matter much but I don't think this has been brought up before so I'm going questions! Am I making sense?

Ah. Another question then.

At what point will we see in the game, wands that affect the effects of spells, as opposed to just giving you stat boosts? :)

Also, What would Professor Von Rupprecht do if he knew that you had Gera's old wand? Since he snapped it before, it makes me think he'd want to again for good measure, but then again, just doing it out of spite of someone who no longer holds it is bad form....

Haha, yeah. It was a good question that took a few lesser questions to work up to! :)

And that answer about vR... Just wow. I'd hope to be good enough at Revision at that point to repair what was left of it just for the sake of it, then pass it down to some first year and retell the tale! *idea*

"and just how long had this gone on? Like an ingrown toenail that refuses to grow correctly no matter how man times you cut it, von Rupprecht just couldn't rid himself of the presence of that prankster's wand! And like the toenail, each time it was dealt with only served to make it come back even stronger and tougher to deal with than the time before!"

In fact, I'd cast my best astrology spell to make it so. People laugh at those Avila students, but I for one wouldn't want to tick one off.

I need to have a list first!

Mmm... I really need a scope of what is and is not possible to accomplish. I probably would not dedicate too much time to astrology, so I'd likely be under the prerequisites for the spell required. I'd probably give it my absolute best by preparing a version of it for months beforehand, and then also reinforce it by more mundane means. calling in a few favors should it happen to be broken again. I wouldn't be there after Y5, but in the short term my influence would still be there and hopefully in the longer term it would be self sustaining.

LEGATE!

1) How is alchemy done in the school? Is it like the Elder Scrolls using a mortar and pestle, calcinator, retort and an alembic? Or do we have to use more complex tools?

2) Are there magic that can affect dreams? But not just sweet dreams or nightmares, I meant Inception-y style implant an idea and find out secrets from the person's mind.

3) Again. What are the chances of dragons just invading everyone? Could they possibly get around that pesky wall by digging under the islands? Suddenly Build that Wall from Bastion is awfully scary.

4) What are the chances of an x-ray monocle? And how long would my detention be if I was caught using it like a hot-blooded male?

5) Remember the boys that you said would be named perverts from so long ago? Are there female equivalents? I think Olivia is one them considering her obsession with Cyrus.

6) Where does the school get their food supplies?

7) Where does the school keep all the money?

8) How fast would the reconstruction of a dorm be if it was burned down / crushed / washed away / turned into jelly?

LEOSHI!

1) How is alchemy done in the school? Is it like the Elder Scrolls using a mortar and pestle, calcinator, retort and an alembic? Or do we have to use more complex tools?

More complex tools.

2) Are there magic that can affect dreams? But not just sweet dreams or nightmares, I meant Inception-y style implant an idea and find out secrets from the person's mind.

[Redacted]

3) Again. What are the chances of dragons just invading everyone? Could they possibly get around that pesky wall by digging under the islands? Suddenly Build that Wall from Bastion is awfully scary.

Who knows? :)

4) What are the chances of an x-ray monocle? And how long would my detention be if I was caught using it like a hot-blooded male?

Haha! The chances are high...and detention would be lengthy. :)

5) Remember the boys that you said would be named perverts from so long ago? Are there female equivalents? I think Olivia is one them considering her obsession with Cyrus.

Yeah, I think so.

6) Where does the school get their food supplies?

Primarily from Capilutza.

7) Where does the school keep all the money?

Who knows? :)

8) How fast would the reconstruction of a dorm be if it was burned down / crushed / washed away / turned into jelly?

Probably slow. They'd likely build a new one instead of reconstructing the old.

1.Given that this is set in fantasy Italy.. Would there be any pizzas around? (or prehaps proto-pizza? :))

2. Something I don't think has been asked yet... Given that there is magic I question how much it's needed but, what kind of Pharmacia are there in this setting?

3. Given that the Master spell is Mastery's infamous spell, I'm curious if Gates has a specific spell counterpart or not?

4. So given that there are still phemes being (re)discovered in this era, what would happen if a person discovered a pheme that straddled the line beween Glamour and Mastery, though no records of such a pheme being used in "bad" spells?

5. Actually, Has anyone ever attempted to catalog all known phemes like in a dictionary?

6. Since a spell "burns" phemes for fuel, I am curious if there is a point where the potency of a spell would get to be too much for a mage after a certain number of phemes are used.

7. not an ingame question.. but when y2 comes out, would there be a way to get a physical copy, even if I had to "write in" to you guys? :)

Free;

1.Given that this is set in fantasy Italy.. Would there be any pizzas around? (or prehaps proto-pizza? )

Hahaha! Yes. :)

2. Something I don't think has been asked yet... Given that there is magic I question how much it's needed but, what kind of Pharmacia are there in this setting?

A rather extensive body of herbal knowledge exists, and it is just now being set down out of oral tradition and custom.

3. Given that the Master spell is Mastery's infamous spell, I'm curious if Gates has a specific spell counterpart or not?

No, not really.

4. So given that there are still phemes being (re)discovered in this era, what would happen if a person discovered a pheme that straddled the line beween Glamour and Mastery, though no records of such a pheme being used in "bad" spells?

It would very probably be classified as Glamour.

5. Actually, Has anyone ever attempted to catalog all known phemes like in a dictionary?

Yes, but mages tend to guard their knowledge zealously. New Phemes can be worth a fortune.

6. Since a spell "burns" phemes for fuel, I am curious if there is a point where the potency of a spell would get to be too much for a mage after a certain number of phemes are used.

Theoretically, no, but practically no one can create borders strong enough to contain large numbers of Phemes, even ritually.

7. not an ingame question.. but when y2 comes out, would there be a way to get a physical copy, even if I had to "write in" to you guys?

Sure- you can get a physical copy of Y1, but you must purchase through BMT. I imagine you can do the same for Y2.