Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

For Freespace's 1) I'm pretty sure there was an event where you had to buy a pizza for a senior.

And what is it with you and Mastery freespace! Don't you think Gates is much more useful? Don't you think people would feel better about teleporting than total domination of another's mind?

Do you think entering another person's mind could be achieve using Gates? Of course, if you did it wrongly you might make the other person's head explode.tongue.gif

Back to my questions.

5) What? No examples? *Pokes the Legate with a stick*

8) Then where would we stay if it takes that long?

9) Here is something I am confused about. Is it wrong to buff yourself before an exam? Say I'm not good at athletics, I use potions and spells to increase my skill level. Basically I'm cheating right? But we are learning how to use magic and I'm using magic so is it wrong if I do so?

89157Z;

That depends on the Class, but it is a possibility in some cases, yes.

That would result in tanking relationship scores and a mess of rivalries, wouldn't it? :o

Please tell me Y2 will have some kind of special handling for the playful scorebusting that we Y1 players have been doing.

89157Z;

In terms of how other Students feel about you causing them to fail? Why yes, Y2 does. :)

I was hoping for something more along the lines of the faculty issuing a rebuke to the other students for not using magic, and then removing the highest score from each curve-graded class so as to avoid people failing at things they understand quite well enough. :(

What is known about the binding of spirits into golems? I'm referring more to how they were "selected." I don't know about you guys, but if *I* was going to do such binding to a giant mass of rock or metal, I'd make sure the spirit in question wasn't a mass murderer in life....

Well, I wouldn't know, as I'm not one and have never met one.

(nice try to trip me up, though!)

Hmmm. How is it arranged among the faculy regarding who deals with magical related incidents. Is there someone on call to undo particular nasty cases? Or is it a matter of "just find somebody, anybody that can fix it!"?

...Then we're all doomed*?

So how often do cases pop up where even the staff get stumped on a particularly nasty magic incident.

(*screwed until a contractor is brought in.)

Woo~! Somebody'd get docked some pay! :(

Also... This is getting into the fundamentals of magic, but... Exactly at what point would the chaos factor kick in with Gates magic? I know that adding Gates phemes to any spell that wasn't designed for it is considered bad*, but would that be enough for the CF to kick in, or does it have to be a spell made of Gates phemes? Was the appearance of the CF (or lack therof) enough to influence whether certain phemes were banned or not?

*Apocalyptic?

I suppose that's a simplified "Don't ask anymore" answer, given that it's one straight from the instructors. :)

Hmmm....

At what point would one be considered a master of a given pillar by the world at large? Would it be similar to obtaining a PhD or something?

I suspect that a particularly single-minded student at the end of y5 would be comparible to some of the instructors in certain areas. From her description, I don't think that it would be too hard to surpass professor Knoht. (and is the lowest bar I have set for myself to pass, as I suspect she is a substitute for other pillars too.) In my mind, the hardest challenges would be to either surpass someone like Briardi who knows her field in and out, or even tougher would be Orsi (obviously)

Though I am curious as to Orsi's magical talents. He hasn't been stated as being a master of any pillar so I kind of look up to him as the pinnacle of omnidisciplinarianism.... (whoo big word.)

It's fair to say that at the very least he's more well rounded in skill than most, which makes sense as he's the Legate and would have to deal with all the different college's problems.