Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Heh, be sure to be good to your Parents

unless of course you meet one of the other prerequisites!

I've got a 10 with ol' Orsi, Briardi, AND my Regent; Sixt, so assuming the grades don't kick me in the butt, I should be AOK! :) Almost met the 3 instructors requirement too. (despite me not really trying to be social, being a bookworm has its advantages I guess..) I feel 99% safe that I made highest in my classes but until we know how the grading works I'm gonna be nervous.

Seriously, Legate... You should consider asking if its all right to tell us how to read the report cards we've been holding since forever! ;) Look at it this way: We'll all be too busy calculating our grades to notice yet another month going by without Y2! :) And maybe even generate some funny stories of epic fail amongst our classmates!

Please make sure everyone of your lovingly crafted npcs have more events or adventures to flesh out their personalities. Thank you! :)

And for Year 2's character creation is it too much trouble to ask for face building options such as mouth #2, nose #5, hair #8 and scarf #9? If it is then how about some more portraits?

Or should I start learning how to photoshop?

"Please make sure everyone of your lovingly crafted npcs have more events or adventures to flesh out their personalities."

And here I thought Leoshi wanted the game out sooner! :)

They currently have the same number of Adventures & Events as Y1 (1 + 10), although a couple sneak in a few more.

"And for Year 2's character creation is it too much trouble to ask for face building options such as mouth #2, nose #5, hair #8 and scarf #9? If it is then how about some more portraits?"

I don't believe we'll be able to do accessorizing for Portraits in Y2, which is too bad- it's a cool system, and we'd like to do it. There are more Portraits, though, in general. ;)

All these requirements, flags, skills, attributes, students, familiars, dangers, teachers.... I'm impressed that you got the guts to make it in the first place, but very happy you did.... *cough* ... Now get to work! *cracks whip*

Face building makes a lot more sense with 3d characters... I cant see it in Academagia

Any word on the oldest age accepted, legate?

Edit: Also, if by chance a certain stupid rock has had his official picture done.. May we see it?

1. Are there any lost magics which persist in legend, but nobody remembers how to do? (Legal stuff, of course)

2. Obviously the amazing thing about the Academagia is the ability to learn all magics, but how does it compare to a more specialized school in that field?

3. Is it easier to manipulate another persons magic without using Negation? IE, Can you veer off a fireball easier with incantation than putting up a barrier? Would you need more specialized knowledge in the field of magic being used before that became practical?

4. Could you explain to us the pros and cons of onetime use spells through Orthography? at least as far as wizards are concerned, and why they largely seem to be niche?

5. Given the Academagia's reputation, upon returning to one hometown after Y1, what is the bar that is expected of you? Being capable of beating some local wizard's apprentice in a duel, maybe? (haha!) Since so few traditionally study all the pillars, would my character be a good representative of how much potential the Academagia's unique academic structure has?

6. If relations with professors also deteriorate over summer break... Well, I doubt we could invite THEM over for the summer but surely sending them a letter or two is an option, yeah? (If only to keep practicing Calligraphy lest I invoke Sixt's wrath!)

7. Is getting a part time job over the summer possible? (If you can use magic then I'm sure that you could rake in the pims for the next years tuition at Contu's school....)

8. Oh, Since the Vernin tower is still exploding (in very slow, slow motion), are there any expected consequences that will happen when it finally plays itself out? (Will the tower collapse, et cetera?)

9. A thought occurred to me... In some of the descriptions of the Y1 classes a few of the textbooks (textscrolls?) are mentioned. could you perhaps elaborate on the subjects of textbooks? I suppose some of them haven't had any need to change in a long time while others like Revision are being revised (pun not fully intended.) constantly. Is that to say that the fields with older works have not changed much in all those years? Or are they simply just still considered a good solid foundation even if outdated?

10. What schools/teams does the All-Academagia Rimbal team face off against, and who is in charge of it? Massioti? Or is he only involved with his college's team?

Free;

1. Are there any lost magics which persist in legend, but nobody remembers how to do? (Legal stuff, of course)

Oh yes, there are several, including some which you have seen in Y1. No specifics, though. :)

2. Obviously the amazing thing about the Academagia is the ability to learn all magics, but how does it compare to a more specialized school in that field?

Why, it depends on who you ask, of course. The specialized school would tell you that you learn more about that Pillar. The Academagia would tell you that their instructors are inferior in any event, and you actually learn less. ;)

3. Is it easier to manipulate another persons magic without using Negation? IE, Can you veer off a fireball easier with incantation than putting up a barrier? Would you need more specialized knowledge in the field of magic being used before that became practical?

Of course, in your example you are not manipulating another person's magic, strictly speaking. But the answer is, in general, Negation is superior because it's more broadly applicable to a variety of situations. It is a bit more difficult to cast, however.

4. Could you explain to us the pros and cons of onetime use spells through Orthography? at least as far as wizards are concerned, and why they largely seem to be niche?

Pro: Spells are quicker to 'cast', since you just have to release them. You can also store them for a while, depending on the wizard who created them.

Con: They are generally one use, and expensive to produce.

Orthography is a pretty specialized Pillar these days, and that also drives the costs up.

5. Given the Academagia's reputation, upon returning to one hometown after Y1, what is the bar that is expected of you? Being capable of beating some local wizard's apprentice in a duel, maybe? (haha!) Since so few traditionally study all the pillars, would my character be a good representative of how much potential the Academagia's unique academic structure has?

It depends on where you are. :)

6. If relations with professors also deteriorate over summer break... Well, I doubt we could invite THEM over for the summer but surely sending them a letter or two is an option, yeah? (If only to keep practicing Calligraphy lest I invoke Sixt's wrath!)

Yep.

7. Is getting a part time job over the summer possible? (If you can use magic then I'm sure that you could rake in the pims for the next years tuition at Contu's school....)

I believe so.

8. Oh, Since the Vernin tower is still exploding (in very slow, slow motion), are there any expected consequences that will happen when it finally plays itself out? (Will the tower collapse, et cetera?)

It's not a topic of conversation on campus...heh, heh.

9. A thought occurred to me... In some of the descriptions of the Y1 classes a few of the textbooks (textscrolls?) are mentioned. could you perhaps elaborate on the subjects of textbooks? I suppose some of them haven't had any need to change in a long time while others like Revision are being revised (pun not fully intended.) constantly. Is that to say that the fields with older works have not changed much in all those years? Or are they simply just still considered a good solid foundation even if outdated?

Texts rarely, if ever change, and are treated as Authorities on their subject. There's a lively field of commentary to these Texts, though, which end up being far more useful (and amend some of the...*ahem*...errors found in those books.)

10. What schools/teams does the All-Academagia Rimbal team face off against, and who is in charge of it? Massioti? Or is he only involved with his college's team?

No, it's Massioti. They play the local Wizard's Guild teams, along with other magical associations in Mineta.