Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Will we have opportunities to buy various books on magic for study purposes to augment our classes in Y2? I'd really like to turn my character's wardrobe into a small library focusing on the pillars.

There was recently a question how to fly higher. According to Kidnapped 11 there also ornithopter.

How common are this vehicles and are they using magic or just the lighter then air wood in combination with a steam engine to power the wings?

Edit: Can tattoo magic be used to make a finger usable as wand?

Can Familiar do such simple things like Arrange Workstation for their mage in year 2 if they have learned the ability for this?

Schwarzbart;

Very uncommon- it's more likely to blend magic with an engine to accomplish this...or just use magic.

Tattoo magic can certainly used to make a finger usable as a wand, but most mages prefer a dispellable magic for this kind of thing.

I think yes, it's possible for a Familiar to Arrange your Workstation.

Has there ever been an attempt to catalog all the phemes in existence?

I'd like to write a "big book of phemes" in Y5 which would be basically a dictionary. It would have a list of all the phemes I knew, their representations on paper, as well as a few of the most common spells that used them. I'd also like to make it capable of adding phemes to palettes with a little assistance.

If such a book is possible to write, would that sell? What if a big book of Palettes was included? :)

So the Tapestry Room in the Imperial Palace is such a try to catalogue many Pheme?

Would the Master's Dispel work as base to get the map readable in Orso's adventure?

Or did I write bullshit in my RPG?

Wait a second Tattoo Magic can't be Dispelled?! So it not even get temporary supressed with a Dispel?

Yeah Schwarzbart, I think the Academagia-approved word is "Bullfrog"!

I, as the head of the Committee on Un-Academagia Activities, do state that he can be given a mere warning for that, though.

*gasp*!

So the Tapestry Room in the Imperial Palace is such a try to catalogue many Pheme?

Exactly right.

Would the Master's Dispel work as base to get the map readable in Orso's adventure?
Or did I write bullfrog in my RPG?

I'm not sure I can comment. ;)

Wait a second Tattoo Magic can't be Dispelled?! So it not even get temporary supressed with a Dispel?

You can temporarily suppress it, yes.

A lot of the auxiliary classes teach spells that belong to a pillar of magic. Dialectic/Rhetoric spells seem to mostly hint at being Glamours in lore even if mechanically some of them don't use the Glamour skill, thus allowing one to cast a spell that they probably couldn't cast otherwise. Is this a limit of the game engine or is there a reason for that?

But... I can't take more than 6 classes! :(

There needs to be some general spell classes in Y3-5 for those students who know lots of phemes, but not necessarily a lot of spells that use them.

I suspect, that in Y2 I may take mostly auxiliary classes... The only Y1 class that I feel worth taking in Y2 would be arithmetic if it's available. Then I guess I'll have to take 2 Aranaz mandatory classes, I'll want to take ideals it it's a class, and as for the other two.. I suppose something Negation oriented and then pick the best elective... and study the remaining pillars themselves on my own time. You weren't kidding when you said that there were a slew of things to take up time... ;)

I'm going to max out my Y2 pillar skills though! I WILL be an Omni disciplinarian! and when the kids snicker at me for having a bed put into the Venalicium, well, let's see what they think when I become a better spellcaster than most 5th year graduates at the end of Y2. (outside of their specialization, of course)

can you explain the petitioning process? will we actually have influence on courses that are taught in later years?

I think that at least for Y5, it should be possible to do so, maybe if you were able to secure, say, a 1000 pim 'donation' to your college. hehe.

If one had the background of wealthy, nobles, and descended of royalty, how would that place you in relation to Catherine Chard on the social ladder?