Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Clearly, it must be called the isalberbg. ;)

Hmm ? What is a isalberbg ? probably an another cousin of mine I guess ? german probably ? ;):P

There are no dragon Familiars, apart from certain semi-mythical Kings

I mean mages familiar of other mages and dragon but... that's interesting.

I guess i asked the question poorly so let me rephrase: In a case of mages/mages or mages(familiar)/dragon, does the non familiar also count as a "isalberbg" ? (have they a normal familiar/isalberbg relationship) :rolleyes:

and does the familiar despite being human have the same "benefit" of other familiar (mostly question 3-4-5-6).

It's unknown, precisely, but it's almost always the mage. It definitely doesn't have to do with power, though.

But then again, what happens when the two are mages ? that's the interesting question ? :) (also does the "bias" for mages also apply in favor of dragon in a mage/dragon bond ?)

Tough already quite a lot of interesting answers, familiar are more dependent than I thought.

And I hope it will be confirmed that the familiar bonded person is a isalberbg. :D :P

6) Familiar and master seems to profit of each other skills, am i right ? a familiar can tape into the knowledge/innate skill of its master even if he has no/limited knowledge himself right ? (like the animal familiar magic for exemple)

That familiar benefit from the skills of the Wizard is not implemented in year 1.

1) Do Negation have the ability to erase or block memories? I know that's actual Mastery or Syncronicity but I suspect that Negation also can do this.

2) How old is Professor Briardy? Was her time of be student / apprentice in magic before the last ban?

3) If I didn't miss out in the last adventure I played its sounds like Professor Briardy was apprentice to a mage and not Students at Academagica, or I'm wrong there?

1. I suspect the answer is "Yes, but doing so with Negation as opposed to Mastery is both harder in general and harder still to make last.", otherwise I'd like to know why you could theoretically Negate a person's existence from history but not a single memory. Those particular Negation spells may or may not be proscribed, as well. BTW, blocking/erasing a memory is more Mastery than Sync. You can do it with Sync, but it's neither as thorough as Mastery or anywhere near as easy to set up - it'd take months worth of sessions with another Sync mage, since you can't Embrace yourself.

2. I imagine the answer is [redacted] ;).

3. What adventure would that be?

For the questions:

"I guess i asked the question poorly so let me rephrase: In a case of mages/mages or mages(familiar)/dragon, does the non familiar also count as a "isalberbg" ? (have they a normal familiar/isalberbg relationship) :rolleyes:

and does the familiar despite being human have the same "benefit" of other familiar (mostly question 3-4-5-6)."

Yes and yes.

It's unknown how, precisely, the mechanic between two Mages occurs.

1) Do Negation have the ability to erase or block memories? I know that's actual Mastery or Syncronicity but I suspect that Negation also can do this.

Interestingly, no, it does not seem possible to do this in Negation. While it is possible to Negate aspects of a human (including, maybe, existence!) it does not seem possible to Negate aspects of a human's mind.

2) How old is Professor Briardy? Was her time of be student / apprentice in magic before the last ban?

Good question. You had better ask her and see the result. :)

3) If I didn't miss out in the last adventure I played its sounds like Professor Briardy was apprentice to a mage and not Students at Academagica, or I'm wrong there?

I believe it's a bit of both, both before and after her time at the University. I *may* be incorrect, though.

1. What would happen if a spirit was bound to an already living thing?

2. Can you tell us if the person professor Knoht subbed for in Y1 will be in Y2? or at least what we may have heard of that in game? (no names, of course)

Free;

1. What would happen if a spirit was bound to an already living thing?

As Schwarzbart notes, it will take over. If there is already a mind, though...more research is required...;)

2. Can you tell us if the person professor Knoht subbed for in Y1 will be in Y2? or at least what we may have heard of that in game? (no names, of course)

Sort of. :)

2. More reading through this topic, another thing to ask:

4) Any word on Catherine Chard's real eye color, or is it still [redacted]?

[Redacted]!

Is there a firm enough understanding of genetics to be able to tell someone's possible parents based on eye color? I'm beginning to suspect Chard's oh-so-high station isn't quite as high as it should be, and she's hiding it.

So she can't be changing eye color because she's secretly a bastard offspring and trying to hide the one clearly visible thing that would give her away. I'm officially lost as to why she'd change her eye colors.

That probably says a few things about me, but I'm sure that airship has sailed anyway.

'could be her eyes have a natural magical glow denoting divine or otherwise otherworldly heritage, which would be all the reason in the world to hide. (GATES!) but that probably says a few things about me....

Mmm, Legate... it just occurred to me that I may have coined a few terms on this forum...

1. What would people call an Omni-disciplinarian in setting? Surely not 'Crazy'... :(

2. I feel pretty sure that I came up with the term 'chaos factor' to acknowledge Gate's instability, but I wonder, do mages use that in setting? And if not, can you tell us how a Schowhanwicht professor might present it to students beginning their studies?

1. "Overachiever" or "teacher's pet". Until they needed your help, in which case it'd be "genius" or "extremely talented student".

2. I'm pretty sure you came up with that term yourself, yes. I don't recall it ever coming up in-game, though than again I have a bad habit of not reading Lores.

Free;

1. What would people call an Omni-disciplinarian in setting? Surely not 'Crazy'... :(

Metis' answer is probably the best one- nothing formal. :)

2. I feel pretty sure that I came up with the term 'chaos factor' to acknowledge Gate's instability, but I wonder, do mages use that in setting? And if not, can you tell us how a Schowhanwicht professor might present it to students beginning their studies?

It has several names, but it's usually referred to as the Curse.

Magio?

Yeah, I got nothing. Even my vast education Google Translate isn't giving me anything useful. Even if the first omni-long word wizard was from not-Germany and thus the title would be in not-German, it is not giving me anything. Arch-Mage or some minor variation thereof is already taken, so...yeah.

Yep, seconding the generalist. It's called that or Universal Magic for any wizard (in D&D) that hasn't gotten a domain. There was also a Master Generalist as a Prc somewhere...There is also an Elf Generalist class...in Races of the Wild I think.

Work fast enough in Academagia and you can put copyright on it. Be the only generalist mage around. Or start your own school.

Okay all of this talks about titles got me curious:

Moar questions:

1) Are there honorific (or maybe more than honorific !) title granted or recognised (by other mages) to mages who have perfomed a specific feat ? I guess less so now that the emperor is lacking but even before, I guess that a mage who was recognised as having mastered a pillar would get something to show off no ? What about someone who mastered more than 1 ? Can we have some of the name of those titles ?

2) How student who whished to continue their study after their graduation would act ? I know academagia doesn't accept their graduate anymore but what about other magic school ? Does a "reasearch" professor of the academagia has access to some of the academagia advanced studies/classes ?

3) Does the academagia offer some courses for the senior mages ? Some sort of special classes to teach the new discoveries or the a magic field the "student" wished to learn ?

4) Are their some sort of "Magical society" that all mages belong or can join ? Something like the mage guild of TES or in a less "state" sense the magic minister of Harry Potter. One group for all Elumnia or more ? if more how they interact between each other? And with the magic schools ?

5) Does the All-mighties have given their answer on the true name of the isalberbg ? or do we managed to create a new canon by ourselves ?