Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Can Astrology grant wishes? Even if in rather unusual ways? I ask because I'm looking up references to the different pillars And astrology is really hard to find a good example of in media.

In the story of Pinocchio, Gepetto "wished upon a star"... so.... yes or no...?

Ah. I was digging in my Disney collection for magic references. I'm really happy with my new sig image, but boy is it large! I had to do some major editing to squeeze it down small enough for forum usage, but even so..... At least It's better than the 65mb video I started with.

How long ago was Aluminium discovered in Elumina? So fare I thought this metal is unknown because it was only discovered in 1808 in our world but the RE - To Catch a Mole show me I was wrong with this assumption.

(Beside I personal would try to make silver or gold to have something shiny but not aluminium)

That would imply that A: SE cares about TWEWY and B: That they can find Europe on a map.

Anyway, off-topic. As for an actual questions, are there are ways to increase non-PC relations beyond Gossip? I was wondering what the best way will be to prepare a clique for staying together over Y2's summer.

EDIT: Also, what are the denominations used for Pims, assuming that's even the right word? The mod tools has one point where it says "Conned out of 3 quints", which takes away 15 Pims. A quint is 5 Pims, than? What other terms exist?

Edited by Metis

A malin is one hundred pims.

I know of quiples (spelling?) and/or quints, but forget their values.

I checked Nyaa's thread 'world of Academagia'.

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1029&p=6357

No comment on the coinage question? And Aluminium produced from Gates? Gimme a second...

EDIT: Got it.

Description of "Obsidian, small" needs a 'the' inserted.

A rare stone forged in the heart of volcanoes, this small chip of Obsidian is a wonder despite its small size. While not illegal, those who forge obsidian of any kind onto jewelry are looked at with suspicious eyes; it was historically one of symbols of the Proscribed Schools.

Also didn't know that about obsidian. Glad I didn't set Mr. Pebbles 'in stone' as being made of obsidian, haha!

Who wants to bet that Obsidian is code for Mastery, and Aluminium code for Gates?

Edited by Metis

Let's say that a model student, to the shock and horror of no witnesses, launches a bully right through an unimportant door leading into an empty, unimportant room. Said bully, bruised and bleeding, drags herself to the infirmary and absolutely refuses to talk about what happened. The model student refuses to (can't, really) acknowledge that anything happened, despite it being obvious that "something" did, leading to a rumor that said model student made the bully her, well, "submissive individual". This rumor is stamped out, literally and violently, by said bully&co who insists that nothing at all happened end of story.

Would the teachers investigate this matter or ignore it?

...Unless in real life the bullied person is a Chard (or suitable to get married to one) in which case what happens would be considered training for real life for the bully!

Edit: Legate, If a mage joined the militia, would that mage be the only one? (the pay is crap, isn't it?)

No, neither person is of any social importance at all. I mean, hypothetically neither is. I of course ask for no reason whatsoever :ph34r:.

Free: I vaguely remember the Captain mentioning in his adventure that he is lacking mages he can actually rely on, so I imagine something must be keeping them away.

1. Have any students been so good that they became professors immediately after graduation?

2. Have any recorded Gates journeys into other realms brought back physical examples of technology before?

3. About how fast could a trained mage draw a given random pheme without anything but a wand?

4. Could a one-time use Gates spell dating from the early empire possibly be legal?

5. I want confirmation on this. The description for the Serenity pheme states "While the school of Mastery itself is Prohibited, the Phemes belonging to the school are not" Surely this does not apply to *every* Mastery pheme....?

6. Can Glamours be selective, ie. shown to only one person in a crowd?

7. If a Professor had to be absent for a day, and a bright student decided to take the mantle of teachership for that single class, and got caught halfway through teaching the appropriate material when the sub finally showed up, what would happen?

1) Not long ago we had the topic that there even was a Student that became Legate right away if I remember right. I doubt that the Legate get away without at last having to supervise the education of some 5th year him / her self.

My own question

8) If somehow von Rupprecht manage to replace Orso Orsi can that player char start to form a rebellion against this new Legate with maybe even some interesting endings at year 5?

9) Will royal / noble born become part of the bigger political intrigues that usual be part of their standing?

3. Depends on the Pheme and the mage, probably. I assume that a mage without any interest in Religion trying to draw Atonement (Pheme) on the fly would take a wee bit longer than a training Enchanter trying to draw Enhance (Pheme). Otherwise, what's the difficulty level for?

5. I doubt every Mastery Pheme was pardoned, although even if it was it'd be a bit of an awkward conversation if you were ever asked why and where, exactly, you learned New Reality (Pheme). Speaking of, in fact:

The New Reality Pheme Increases its user's Mastery Skill by 1 point while reducing its target's Willpower and Awareness by the same amount. It's ugly Mastery stuff, banned across the known world; it also has a difficulty level of 7.

7. Since whether that student actually taught the material correctly couldn't be checked they'd probably be reprimanded for disrupting the class...unless they have high relationship with the sub and high skill levels with the class material and teach-y related skills, in which case the incident would probably be completely ignored. I assume that even in the latter case the teacher would go over the material himself anyway, though.

8. In theory, maybe. Y5 is a bit far off to confirm or deny that.

Schwarzbart... That was a student who became the 'acting' legate, which means that the student took charge de facto probably due to an unexpected absence and chaos that followed, and was unceremoniously removed once order was restored. The person didn't actually become the real legate until later in life.

Free;

1. Have any students been so good that they became professors immediately after graduation?

Yes, it has happened.

2. Have any recorded Gates journeys into other realms brought back physical examples of technology before?

Yes, a few strange devices. One of them is archived at the Academagia, actually.

3. About how fast could a trained mage draw a given random pheme without anything but a wand?

As Metis notes, it depends on the mage!

4. Could a one-time use Gates spell dating from the early empire possibly be legal?

Possibly, but not likely.

5. I want confirmation on this. The description for the Serenity pheme states "While the school of Mastery itself is Prohibited, the Phemes belonging to the school are not" Surely this does not apply to *every* Mastery pheme....?

No, not every one. :)

6. Can Glamours be selective, ie. shown to only one person in a crowd?

Yes.

7. If a Professor had to be absent for a day, and a bright student decided to take the mantle of teachership for that single class, and got caught halfway through teaching the appropriate material when the sub finally showed up, what would happen?

That would depend on the Instructor!

8) If somehow von Rupprecht manage to replace Orso Orsi can that player char start to form a rebellion against this new Legate with maybe even some interesting endings at year 5?

I imagine yes. :)

9) Will royal / noble born become part of the bigger political intrigues that usual be part of their standing?

Yes. :)