Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Questions:

1. Say that for the Calligraphy exam my natural 10/10+bonuses is enough to get a First Class Honors, and I Pheme buff...let's say Aveline to shoot up her score so she gets the absolute highest score (and a FCH as well by extension). Is she going to draw the "you're the best student" hate since she scored the highest on the exam, will that hate be directed to me anyway because PC, or is that hate directed at anyone that gets FCH no matter whether the top score beat the second highest by 20 or 200 points?

2. In any case do Athletics and Music have the same "you're the best student" hate, since it's just a Pass/Not Pass class?

3. Can Y2 NPCs Declare Vendetta, and if yes can they do so whenever they hate you/someone else enough or only when the game specifically calls them to (like, say, because you Aveline ruined Basia's chance to top the rest of the class or during some special adventure)?

4. Is it possible to refuse to acknowledge a Vendetta? And on that subject...

5. Is it possible to fabricate a Vendetta? The Y1 action doesn't say anything about "and you must clarify to at least one credible witness that, yes, you wish to be recognised as [other person's] rival and you're not just sticking a paper copy of the Red Mark on someone's door just to be a massive troll", so is it just assumed to be genuine or does the PC clarify his/her intentions off-screen?

6. Is there any way to end a Vendetta other than through Diplomacy (Action)? Well, beating the snot out of a kid in a duel in Y1 and IIRC there's other ways a rivalry can go in Y2, but is there any other way to just outright end it?

7. Can NPCs end Vendettas, and if yes can they do so whenever or only when specifically called for? If the former can you convince them to do so by magically glueing them to the wrong end of an ox and waiting for them to give in, or must you be friendly about it?

8. Will there by more where this came from in Y2?

Metis & Free;

1. Say that for the Calligraphy exam my natural 10/10+bonuses is enough to get a First Class Honors, and I Pheme buff...let's say Aveline to shoot up her score so she gets the absolute highest score (and a FCH as well by extension). Is she going to draw the "you're the best student" hate since she scored the highest on the exam, will that hate be directed to me anyway because PC, or is that hate directed at anyone that gets FCH no matter whether the top score beat the second highest by 20 or 200 points?

I believe the former.

2. In any case do Athletics and Music have the same "you're the best student" hate, since it's just a Pass/Not Pass class?

Sort of, but not nearly as much.

3. Can Y2 NPCs Declare Vendetta, and if yes can they do so whenever they hate you/someone else enough or only when the game specifically calls them to (like, say, because you Aveline ruined Basia's chance to top the rest of the class or during some special adventure)?

They are able to, yes.

4. Is it possible to refuse to acknowledge a Vendetta? And on that subject...

No.

5. Is it possible to fabricate a Vendetta? The Y1 action doesn't say anything about "and you must clarify to at least one credible witness that, yes, you wish to be recognised as [other person's] rival and you're not just sticking a paper copy of the Red Mark on someone's door just to be a massive troll", so is it just assumed to be genuine or does the PC clarify his/her intentions off-screen?

Vendetta, mechanically, is more about the Relationship score, so in that regard you can fabricate it.

6. Is there any way to end a Vendetta other than through Diplomacy (Action)? Well, beating the snot out of a kid in a duel in Y1 and IIRC there's other ways a rivalry can go in Y2, but is there any other way to just outright end it?

There's a third way in Y2, but otherwise no.

7. Can NPCs end Vendettas, and if yes can they do so whenever or only when specifically called for? If the former can you convince them to do so by magically glueing them to the wrong end of an ox and waiting for them to give in, or must you be friendly about it?

They 'can' but I don't think it works that way mechanically.

8. Will there by more where this came from in Y2?

Yes. :)

9. Can a Familiar itself have a Familliar?

It seems no.

It should be possible, in theory. Add an action that allows the PC to add a rivalry between two students with a low mutual relationship, and make sure they properly recognise that other student as a rival when switching them to their Vendetta AI. Is the Vendetta AI hard-coded to only apply to the PC? Otherwise, it should all work.

In theory.

1. Do students have any influence on what kinds of magic are taught? Petitioning-wise?

2. Are there ever any inspections by the state on the affairs of the school?

3. What would happen if a Familiar ate another Mage's Familiar?

4. I know dragons can pose as humans, but do they have the capacity to integrate themselves in human society at least marginally? (if they wanted to)

5. Would the trace of magic from a multi pillar spell be different than individual pillar spells? Or is magic trace derived from Pheme use?

6. What was one of the nastiest things that happened with orthography that would cause it to nearly get banned?

7. Why would the Legate pretend to be an angry parent to fluster Briardi?

Metis;

In theory. :)

Free;

1. Do students have any influence on what kinds of magic are taught? Petitioning-wise?

Not really, but there have been exceptions.

2. Are there ever any inspections by tye state on the affairs of the school?

Not in a thousand years.

It happens, and the Familiar in question has to go to the Menagerie.

4. I know dragons can pose as humans, but do they have the capacity to integrate themselves in human society at least marginally? (if they wanted to)

Who knows? Surely not. :)

5. Would the trace of magic from a multi pillar spell be different than individual pillar spells? Or is magic trace derived from Pheme use?

No, but it would show all the forms of Pillars.

6. What was one of the nastiest things that happened with orthography that would cause it to nearly get banned?

Explosive/Poisonous runes were popular, along with certain compulsive spells...;)

There's always an agenda...;)

Metis;

In theory. :)

Free;

It happens, and the Familiar in question has to go to the Menagerie.

There's always an agenda... ;)

3. Which one :huh: the half-eaten one (or in the case of Mr Pebbles possibly the entirely eaten one) or the ravenous monster? What if it is a mutual eating fest?

7. He may just have been yanking her chain :D

There's a third way in Y2, but otherwise no.

Duel, Diplomacy, demand by a Professor, death/disability, romance check (or is that just Yr 5?), perhaps an action that let's you second or substitute if you also have a grudge against the other guy?

Fufufu. :)

It's my Birthday again, Legate! This time it's evenly divisible by two, three, five, six, ten, and fifteen. (as well as itself)

Surely this rare and unusual event is fitting for the release of information on all the new Y2 classes, yes? ;)

It's a QR code and it holds the text of my previous sig in case I need to bring up that info again on Jan 1, 2015, (which is inching closer and closer... ;))

We're going to town to visit an old retro-style arcade with all the golden oldies of the 80's and 90's today. I'll tell you guys about it. :)