Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I get the impression that this plan further throws a spanner in the works for the Endless Section, but eh, I'm fine with founding your own library. Especially if that library is private, because that means I can totally start collecting all those juicy and interesting Gates/Mastery papers.

Speaking of which, actually, is there a Mastery library in the Y1 game? I mean Gates has the Obranabú Library in Schohanwicht, Gustavon Mirapos’ Forbidden Gates Library hidden away in Elumia Proper, but is there a Mastery library hidden away somewhere?

Yeah, should have figured as much :rolleyes:. The reason I ask, though, is because the lack of such a location would underscore just how little is known of Mastery. Gates is just as proscribed, but in addition to at least one hidden library it has an entire hidden academy dedicated to preserving and teaching the knowledge, so one would assume there's far fewer holes in Gates than there are in Mastery.

Library of the Forbidden located in none other than the Academagia itself is...kinda a Mastery library, it's the location for the Mastery research topic, but it's hardly a proper Mastery library:

The Library of the Forbidden is a bit of a misnomer, but only a bit of one. Set up as a memorial to this Prohibited branch of magic, the Library of the Forbidden is more of a dedication to those who believed in Mastery than it is a container of knowledge. Of course, it is technically illegal to have knowledge of Mastery or to distribute said knowledge, but those who are "in the know" understand exactly how this Library works.

I'll keep looking. For purely academic reasons, of course :ph34r:.

Some quick research doesn't reveal a library beyond the Library of the Forbidden being directly associated with Mastery. There's one library apparently located in College Kazus, whatever remains of it, but it's specialized in Anatomy and Chirurgery. I'd say the Venalicium might be a second possibility, seeing as how it's Advanced Spell Section is the research location for Mastery Phemes, but seeing as how Theory of Mastery is tied to a courtyard I'm going to say that research topics are of little relevance.

So unless I missed something (the odds of which are disgustingly high) the best source of Mastery would be...inside the Academagia itself. That isn't a trap or anything.

HAPPY 250 PAGES in the thread!

I've been waiting for this to say that! :)

We definately need to start a new questions thread when Y2 comes out so the information on the different years can be better catalogued in the future.

I assume the best option would be to introduce a new forum. I mean, there's like 4 here already for 4 different games. Y2 will be a sequel, sure, but it'll also be a completely separate game. New game, new forum.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, anyone know where you can find the Liege of Mastery spell?

Edited by Metis

Maybe a new subforum or two for Y2 spoilery stuff would be nice when the time comes. You can reuse the support and writers corner, though. We'll just have to set up a format for threads if people still want to write a story for Y1.

Some quick research doesn't reveal a library beyond the Library of the Forbidden being directly associated with Mastery. There's one library apparently located in College Kazus, whatever remains of it, but it's specialized in Anatomy and Chirurgery. I'd say the Venalicium might be a second possibility, seeing as how it's Advanced Spell Section is the research location for Mastery Phemes, but seeing as how Theory of Mastery is tied to a courtyard I'm going to say that research topics are of little relevance.

So unless I missed something (the odds of which are disgustingly high) the best source of Mastery would be...inside the Academagia itself. That isn't a trap or anything.

After your complain I send a idea about a mastery library to the Legate. But even if you find the location (in case BCS add it) its most likely you still don't know what it is ^^.

So Legate, how much has the forum here influenced Y2? As far as direction or somesuch? Are us forumites going to notice a few references to the idle chatter we've been doing over these long years?

I wasn't actually referring to that, per se. (I do love what you guys did with Mr. Pebbles, don't get me wrong here!)

I guess it's hard to put into words, but I was wondering how Y2 has been influenced by some of our more silly banter or such, rather than direct requests.

And now because I feel sheepish I'm going to go work on my Mastery phemes take a nap.

1. Is it possible in Y2 for a single adventure option to roll multiple things?

2. Is it mechanically possible in Y2 for the PC to be disowned? Like set a flag, erase/reset Parental Approval and other such nonsense? Believe it or not, but that would actually help me...on one point. The jury's still out on the other twenty-five but eh, effort :P.