Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Is it mechanically possible to have a Pheme with a negative difficulty assigned to it and an effect like "damage caster by 5"? A quick test shows that if nothing else the Y1 modtools accept the Pheme, but I don't exactly have eight hours to spare to publish the change and test it ingame.

Oh, and I'm curious if this works in Y2 more so than Y1, but I happen to only have mod tools of the latter.

I don't really think school survival is the skill that will tell you that, say, using an item called Artefact Of Eternal Damnation And Doom is probably a bad idea, since Curiosity is one of it's subskills. Logic will work, though.

EDIT: I vaguely remember reading...somewhere that in Y2 it is possible to modify spells and Phemes ingame, maybe by researching them or...something? Can anyone confirm/deny that?

Edited by Metis

The problem is that the last official allowed use of Mastery and Gates is over 300 years ago and so how would you justify this teaching if there is at last official no mage around who will cast such spells. Also to really learn such Defence you need some magic to test if the defence is actual working what easy can get the professor into the danger of using forbidden magic.

Edit: Defence against Dangerous Beasts could contain defence against Mastery given what kind of beast we already can encounter in the game.

Metis;

No, but it's an interesting idea. And, it's not too late, muahahaha.

Unfortunate, but workable. And what's it not too late for?

EDIT: Also, would it be unreasonable for the PC to make a connection between a person of...minor historic significance named Hellen and a place called Hellfire Forest after passing a History check? I don't know if the Academagia world even has a meaning attached to the world "Hell", but if there isn't one I, eh, would be possible willing and capable of providing one.

One only indirectly related to fire at that, although there will be plenty of horrible death to go around

Edited by Metis

Metis;

I think you can certainly write it- it may be changed, but then again, maybe not! :)

Okay, we'll see what happens (and how much the team wants to redact - a bit, I'd guess).

I'm asking if the parents of the students become the scores of the exams or just the grade (Pass, First Class Honors etc.).

You're asking whether the parents of the students turn into 121 or First class Honors? I, eh, think you mean "be informed of", not "become".

Ok, some questions.

1. Aaran LeDale gets to stay at the Academagia over summer <envy>, will he have Sphinx'ed / Longshaded into a god by Yr 2?

2. Do students get to "keep" their room from Yr 1 in Yr 2 (it seems unlikely given dormitories and children's growth phases through the teen years)

3. Suppose one's student perhaps did not <quite> pay enough attention to one's belongings in Kaliri and accidentally left the odd item in Gera's old room when one's student left Academagia. What are the odds of it being present if one's student returned and immediately tried to loot their old room?

4. If the odd item was, indeed, really quite worrisomely odd and open to misinterpretation by the ill-inclined, what are the odds of some smirking little ### blackmailing you over it or a teacher having found it?

Just asking... no reason .... move along ... nothing to see here.

1. Since he didn't have access to a boatload of adventures he was unable to reach the level of "a god". He could reach the level of "a demi-god", though, assuming he doesn't get too screwed by the Insight/Wits roll ;).

2. I believe no, but I can't confirm.

3. If you don't get to keep your Y1 room, I'd say roughly 0%. Unless the item is an invisible splinter you wedged between the floorboards or something.

4. Blackmail chances depend on the student and on whether the kid knows enough magic coming into the Academagia to protect him/herself from your wrath. I imagine a teacher would be informed if it was something that they should know, as well.

Schwarzbart;

It *may* be- there are some purely 'story' items discussed, but I'll ask.

paz;

1) Will there be a Donations system in year 2 where you can donate your pims to the college or pay for specific buildings/repairs?
Kind of.
2) In later years, is the Schohanwicht School planed to have Students with portraits, romances, and maybe clique mates?
[Redacted]
Svinik;

1. Aaran LeDale gets to stay at the Academagia over summer <envy>, will he have Sphinx'ed / Longshaded into a god by Yr 2?

Haha!

2. Do students get to "keep" their room from Yr 1 in Yr 2 (it seems unlikely given dormitories and children's growth phases through the teen years)

No.

3. Suppose one's student perhaps did not <quite> pay enough attention to one's belongings in Kaliri and accidentally left the odd item in Gera's old room when one's student left Academagia. What are the odds of it being present if one's student returned and immediately tried to loot their old room?

It will be not be there. However, it will be *somewhere*...;)

4. If the odd item was, indeed, really quite worrisomely odd and open to misinterpretation by the ill-inclined, what are the odds of some smirking little ### blackmailing you over it or a teacher having found it?

I suspect it's more likely that the Instructors would have something to say...

Somehow I don't think *somewhere* means the Lost and Found box...

EDIT: Oh yeah, does blood magic in the sense of "sacrifice your lifespan for quick and dirty power" exist? I imagine if so the Academagia would avoid it at all cost, since, you know, that around a bunch of ambitious students cannot end well.

Edited by Metis