Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Could it be that the Name in Properties of a mod is very important for the game?

I suspect that some problems with my Heritage mod come from the point I forget to change the name from mod to something different.

My theory is that the Cache files in ProgramData/Academagia/Cache use the Neme we gave in Properties and if there is a other mod saved there with the same Name even from x games in the past you can encounter strange problems even up to a crash right at loading this mod.

So,

1. Is dragon anatomy such as that it is possible for some of them to lose the ability for natural flight?

2. Generally speaking, since their hides are already too tough for werewolves to bite, can you explain the general philosophy dragons have with their armor design?

3. Have there ever been any students of the Academagia that the residents of Mineta actually liked and did not assume that they were some malicious prankster?

4. Are there phemes that are commonly used in multiple pillars of magic to the point that it is difficult to catalog them?

5. Are there any propecies or other deeply held beliefs regarding what may happen regarding the next time there will be an emperor?

6. Do mages who have great understanding of more than one pillar carry more than one wand for different magics?

7. What can happen if you use a low quality wand for a high level spell?

8. Can a non-musician mage use a spell to magically allow an instrument to play itself and have it sound good?

9. What kind of orchestra can a mage manage by animating instruments? 10? 20? 300?

Free;

1. Is dragon anatomy such as that it is possible for some of them to lose the ability for natural flight?

Yes; it can happen due to wounds or age, although Dragons usually augment flight with magic to overcome such trifles. ;)

2. Generally speaking, since their hides are already too tough for werewolves to bite, can you explain the general philosophy dragons have with their armor design?

It's rare, although the wealthiest employ skilled human smiths to forge armor for them. Usually, they rely on the toughness of their natural hide.

3. Have there ever been any students of the Academagia that the residents of Mineta actually liked and did not assume that they were some malicious prankster?

Yes, although the famous ones were in the nobility, and had other things prejudicing the people in their favor.

4. Are there phemes that are commonly used in multiple pillars of magic to the point that it is difficult to catalog them?

Phemes are always contentious in terms of cataloging.

5. Are there any propecies or other deeply held beliefs regarding what may happen regarding the next time there will be an emperor?

Yes- peace, defeat of the dragons, return of Monteon, and so on.

6. Do mages who have great understanding of more than one pillar carry more than one wand for different magics?

Yes.

7. What can happen if you use a low quality wand for a high level spell?

Nothing, unless the wand is specifically unsuitable for the Phemes or the magic.

8. Can a non-musician mage use a spell to magically allow an instrument to play itself and have it sound good?

Yes, although not very easily.

9. What kind of orchestra can a mage manage by animating instruments? 10? 20? 300?

No theoretical limit, although the difficulty does grow by leaps and bounds as you scale up.

1. Is it legally...legal, if not morally celebrated, for a ship captain who owns the ship he sails to accept a "commission" from someone to not accept a certain person as a passenger IF:

1a. The person is of no social/financial importance.

1b. The person is a noble.

1c. The person is a noble, but also underage.

2. Can Regent Briardi hand out mandatory civil duties to someone as a reprimand, provided the duty is not dangerous and proportional to the conduct breaches, or must all detentions be sat out in a classroom/office?

3. Out of curiosity, what's the most evil thing the PC can do in Y1? I've heard something about menacing farmers for no reason, anything else/worse?

4. Did the team use a time machine to retroactively make the Court of Grace adventure as awkward as possible for a Hedi Sync PC or was that a happy coincidence? I mean seriously:

“Your wishy washy manner is doing the Council no good,” a voice from the Council declares. “I say we conjure up a reenactment!” There are several mumbles of agreement. The confident Anthonius suddenly loses his cool. His face turns pale white, and he looks about to faint. “Ah, yes! That sounds fantastic.” Professor Finus Piaxenza concurs. “It will paint a more vivid picture for us and help us answer many of our questions. Let us call for a vote!”. “Absolutely not!” Justice Tejas barks. “It is most inappropriate to invade the private sanctity of memories and dreams, let alone the memories of something deeply painful.” He nods to Anthonius. “I trust that you will vote on the side of decency.” Tejas firmly addresses you. You're not sure whether that was a suggestion or a threat.

I know dream, possibly dream-memory research is his thing, but considering what both him and the PC and most likely no one else in the entire room know...seriously. BTW, shouldn't that be a "clearer" picture rather than "vivid" or is my English failing me?

Metis;

1. Is it legally...legal, if not morally celebrated, for a ship captain who owns the ship he sails to accept a "commission" from someone to not accept a certain person as a passenger IF:

1a. The person is of no social/financial importance.

1b. The person is a noble.

1c. The person is a noble, but also underage.

Sure, it's legal.

2. Can Regent Briardi hand out mandatory civil duties to someone as a reprimand, provided the duty is not dangerous and proportional to the conduct breaches, or must all detentions be sat out in a classroom/office?

Yes, although usually they won't hand out duties out of the grounds of the campus.

3. Out of curiosity, what's the most evil thing the PC can do in Y1? I've heard something about menacing farmers for no reason, anything else/worse?

We'll leave that in the hands of the Players. :)

4. Did the team use a time machine to retroactively make the Court of Grace adventure as awkward as possible for a Hedi Sync PC or was that a happy coincidence? I mean seriously:

Hahaha! No comment. ;)

How many Academagia student sponsored plots to take (stock of) the shop's inventory has Havenafore's Shoppe had to deal with? Oh, and no, I'm not going to ask what his inventory is because if he's under orders not to sell it to students under the pain of exile I can only imagine it's the kind of shop that sells the kinds of things I'd be better off not knowing.

Is a location's Exploration Difficulty solely a numerical value for how rare it is to discover it on any given (successful) exploration action, or is it how high you need to have your Explore skill before you'll have a chance at finding it? I've always thought it was the latter, but I've recently discovered the Map Region action which has no roll associated with it...and yet I still had it fail a few times, so I don't know.

So I've been told that Y2 will fix Y1's, no offence, half-implemented crafting system...but exactly how does it do this? The Y1 issues (as far as I know) are the inability to get recipes of items without having said item in your possession at some point, the lack of a steady supply of ingredients to use and the lack of any real enchanting (outside adventures that I know of).

I ask because I'm still exploring like crazy and I've just (re-)discovered the Vernin Grand Forge, which reminded me of the fact that if not for the Hedi Sync build my main archetype would have been a Vernin crafter/enchanter.