Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Ohhh, I see what you mean now! Yea, the sentence is pretty ambiguous in that sense. Perhaps it was written that way for an underlying reason? I mean, if the mark can be manipulated by an eleven year old, imagine what someone like Orso Orsi can do. The mark seems to be just that, a mark with only some magic attached to it. It doesn't glow or warn people of you're breaking the rules. Now it just sounds like a shield to me. Like "This is a case of Mastery. YOU, CHILD!" And then the pc just shows the mark and is like "I am of House Kazus. I practice Synchronicity and am unable to practice mastery". Then they go home laughing maniacally and master their clique.

And so the "slip the masters mark" really is bugged like that? Phew. I only got it on my cheating charrie, and then never again. I thought I was doing something wrong

The PC's Mark can be so easily messed with because Nhordum actually failed his roll when placing it, so the PC's is busted. Mind, that's not to say it's difficult to subvert otherwise, it's mostly intended to be a show of good faith. And the reason it doesn't actively do anything is because it doesn't need to...but I've said enough on that subject already.

And yes, currently there's no way to get Sync 11 without mods, but apparently DLC 17 is at least intended to change that (although whether it will remains to be seen). Incidentally, Legate, if the team hasn't yet fixed the bug where you can use Slip The Master's Mark without even having said Mark they might wish to do that.

Is the by year a true in setting thing or a limitation imposed by the fact that we do't have classmen for all other years? If there is real setting basis for the single year only rule for merit, was there ever a combined merit contest for all years to compete in?

Oh wow you're totally right. I completely forgot about that. Especially when redrawing the character portraits to match the ages. I mean, it would be fun to befriend some underclassmen, or be strung along some upperclassmen, but that would make the game INSANELY huge right off the bat. It'd be much easier to ease into that with DLC's (like now) but that would still be an incredible amount of work O . O

Free;

Courtesy of the Team:

"Adelrad von Niefen and Edward Thewkes were students together in the Academy in the early 11th century, and - due to a now-obscure question of honor - neither was willing to receive a degree from the school until the other had received his degree first. Adelrad, without official credentials, went on to become the Aranaz Regent; Edward, equally technically unqualified, became the head of College Durand. Both men lived to the ripe old age of 86, and died on the same day; Thewkes' last words were famously "I think I must concede, Adelrad."
Their degrees were issued posthumously and simultaneously, after 75 years of 'study'.
Tarvixio Sido has mentioned in the past that he's still technically missing an Astrology credit, and that he's striving to beat the old record - but nobody's quite sure whether he's serious."

I thought all Wizards used life extending magics, is dying at 86 not considered early? Is life extension considered rare even with Wizards?

I thought they usually lived for a century or two.

I guess being stuck in school they never got much of an income. I just thought life-extension was costly, but it's really, really expensive then?

Did we ever hear, what is the highest age anyone is known to have reached? Several centuries? Just a hundred-and-something?

Just a hint Ms Schwarzbart you can meet in 2 adventures finished her study at Academagia before the last ban of Gates and Mastery and her background I send in was approved to my knowledge. Also in The Board Game you can get a receipt for such a potion even for sure not one of the stronger one.

~300 years ago.

Wizard of pre-ban era: A few wizards are still alive from the period before the ban. They were not killed out of hand, but were forbidden to practice their magics and train new apprentices. With wizards that powerful, generally people tend to turn a blind eye...

From this thread: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1190