Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I was playing Fable and I offhandedly thought that the Jack of Blades mask was a bit like mastery, so I wondered if it was possible to enchant objects. It'd be interesting if someone found an item, and then suddenly they felt the urge to do whatever directive the item was enchanted with

Nope, Gates is Necessary. Mastery is only useful for removing the negative aspects of intelligence, like the free will to oppose a cruel creator. Good thing cruel Golem creators are far more likely to know Mastery...

Or is it?

I'm very sure it's Incantation/Revision/Enchantment for creating the bodies. And this is still perfectly legal in the current era!

Then It's Gates to bind a spirit to the body for intelligence, though in this era you can use glamour and enchantments to create preprogrammed 'artificial' intelligence legally.

Then, if you used Gates to bind a spirit, you could also use Mastery in oreder to more promply ensure 'loyalty' Mastery would not work on fake intelligence golems as they don't have true minds, which is a prerequisite for mastery to work, iirc.

Given that many nobles even if they are without chance for have their own land I wonder if there is not some short of formal education in Etiquette and Dance at Academagia in a later year?

If nothing is planed then I suggest to implement something official from Academagia that the students can do in the free time.

Thanks to the good health care with magic I suspect the chances for 2nd or even 3rd born to step up as noble should be next to not given, are the children in the 2nd and 3th row then prepared for a live as marriage partner, clergy or mage from early age?

(As harsh as it might sound but I suspect the second born noble probably have the worst as they still have to prepare to step up and probably expected to marry a first born of a other noble family)

There's an RE where Professor Badcrumble tricks the PC into joining a session of "how to properly hold a teacup" with the promise of free pie, IIRC. And if you're doing Joana's version of the Joana/Phillipe adventure, it's Professor Badcrumble that teaches him how to dance. With remarkable effectiveness, I should add. If there are no official lessons I'm sure there's plenty of unofficial lessons (complete with semi-mandatory attendance policy!).

Schwarzbart;

Lesser sons and daughters do present a bit of a problem- in some cultures, notably Auncish and Strozzan, this is 'solved' by giving all members of the family some inheritance. The island of Strozza itself was famously divided in this way. Increasingly, however, this practice is being modified to not include the estates or buildings (only 'liquid' capital.)

Elsewhere, most lesser family members are married early, sent to the Temple, various retinues and/or settled in some way. This occurs earlier than in the real world, as Schwarzbart noted.

1) So its not untypical that a noble of the 2nd or 3th row with some aptitude for magic get his magical education paid and maybe offered even some job after finished but after this (s)he stay on its own?

2) Do someone remember what how many drop outs are usually after year 2 and what this drop outs could take for jobs? (I suspect i.e. the BattleMace creator have some Vernin who failed in y2 for the mass production of their figures)

3) Somehow the BattleMace adventure make me wonder what a powerful Vernin Mage who focused on learning all kind of Pheme will be able to do when even reasonable cheap produced figures could have such effect?

4) Will our Enchant focused chars be able to work for some time at the BattleMace production at a later year or is it to far away?

Indeed. While we can guess what a single pillar might be able to do, a lot of how advanced knowledge mixes together is still unknown to us. I really look forward to when Y2 comes out!

Has there ever been a class of students at the academy that had no drop outs or flunk outs for the whole 5 years? Given that some of the classes are designed to generate guaranteed failures I suppose it's unlikely but possible if the failures were rotated amongst all the students, or at least a majority of them..

I personal would prefer if the drop out is pure on the core class for the College and if a NPC student fail in its own college but have enough knowledge to continue in a other College then (s)he is there in the next year.

But if I remember right you also had planed that there are holiday class for students who failed so they get a second chance.

Over all I think we see in Y1 that most NPC student fail to perform as expected because they have no good way to boost the attributes while the player have the adventures.