Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Thanks this answer will for sure interest Freespace as well ^^ so the open quests are down to 3

1) Somewhere I read that there was a wuxia game mentioned as inspiration for Academagia what game was this?

2) What was the last dragon to rule in what is now Elumia?

3) How close is it planed to allow player to come to the Vernin build master of old in the 5 years?

Thanks this answer will for sure interest Freespace as well ^^

I dunno what you're talking about Schwarzbart! ;) I intend to Master all the pillars! :) (Though even if I don't, it has already been established that Aranaz gets an 'Arts' degree, and since Aranaz courses are mandated for me, I expect to get at least that as a bare minimum for my orthography "Day Job",)

1) Is there a way to random give -5 relationship to either Vettor or Rui in a background?

I think it could be a interesting -1 background where one of this 2 "prankster" is your enemy right from the start maybe with +1 Study Habits as reason why they focus on you. ^^

2) Are there more picture choices for the player with the steam release or easier option to put a personal picture in? (Only ask because I saw in a blog the complain that non white player have no representation in this game even if I personal never look at the player picture again after chosen it at start)

3) Can we please get a DLC 16 mod base if it is not to much work? DLC 17 and the final mod base is still so far away :(

1) Is there a way to random give -5 relationship to either Vettor or Rui in a background?

I think it could be a interesting -1 background where one of this 2 "prankster" is your enemy right from the start maybe with +1 Study Habits as reason why they focus on you. ^^

2) Are there more picture choices for the player with the steam release or easier option to put a personal picture in? (Only ask because I saw in a blog the complain that non white player have no representation in this game even if I personal never look at the player picture again after chosen it at start)

Vettor is in Morvidus, so he qualifies for Bitter Hatred.

Something tells me that trying to claim that problem was solved through easier editing of player portraits is just going to result in some relocating of the goalposts...

Yeah some non-white character portraits would be really nice.

1) Will we be able to mod what parents our students get at the start of year 2?

2) How bad will be the backlash if the best student of year 1 suddenly change to a different college for year 2 especial if this person change to the rival college?

(I decided to go for a Godina-Hedi clique because I suspect if my Morvidus char change to Vernin in year 2 any former Morvidus friend will hate me ^^)

3) Will we be able to continue some college focused questline even if leaving this college like the Ometi, Pelia or Elemental Warrior?

1. Can you tell us exactly what positions are open on the student council, and what years tend to fill that role? As well as what their general responsibilities are?

2. How many hatchlings can a dragon have at once? Are the young prone to killing each other?

3. What is solidly known about how young dragons are raised? Are they generally spoiled? Treated harshly?

4. Can Gates magic be used to create humanlike creatures? Would that qualify as a Homunculus or in this setting would that be a different thing?

5. Does the Academagia have any optional materials for students to bring home with them for the summer break?

6. Would casting a (fairly harmless) Revision spell that had a Forbidden Mastery pheme in it cause the same reaction as a forbiddden spell

4. Can Gates magic be used to create humanlike creatures? Would that qualify as a Homunculus or in this setting would that be a different thing?

I suspect to create a Homunculus Revision is used and to give it a soul mastery or gate magic.

some other question from me

7. Wouldn't Astrology a other magic that can bring live to a golem?

8. Is the create Monster part of Gate magic a combination with Revision magic?

9. Is there something done in DLC 17 about the issue that students with Hall Session have no exam score reported?

First, for Schwarzbart:

"Assuming the Topiary Garden Adventure has been completed and she's out and about: Garithinnia is obviously kind of a special case. Professor Storey is basically her guardian now (in both legal and practical senses of the word), and is trying to find a way to incorporate duties into her "adjunct professorship" that will help her adjust to the modern Academy without putting her through the potential embarrassment of having a second-year formally assigned to keep track of her. [Though he probably has asked Eliana Carosi to try to be a friend in an informal kind of way, for both Garithinnia's sake and Eliana's.]
So, if the question is: will the player have the option of being Garithinnia's Oan (so to speak), the answer is probably not. But you should expect to see her in some Morvidus stories all the same. :)"

1. Can you tell us exactly what positions are open on the student council, and what years tend to fill that role? As well as what their general responsibilities are?

That's changed a bit from how it used to be, so I'm not sure what I should say. :)

2. How many hatchlings can a dragon have at once? Are the young prone to killing each other?

They lay only one egg at a time, with very rare double or triple events. The latter two have a lower status in draconic society, and are bestowed to servants, retainers or allies to be raised as part of their family. If myth and legend are true, powerful human slaves received, and raised, dragons in this way in the old times.

3. What is solidly known about how young dragons are raised? Are they generally spoiled? Treated harshly?

Very little survives, apart from a few scattered stories that indicate they are tyrants at a very early age.

As Metis & Schwarzbart notes, yes. :)

5. Does the Academagia have any optional materials for students to bring home with them for the summer break?

No, although your instructors may.

6. Would casting a (fairly harmless) Revision spell that had a Forbidden Mastery pheme in it cause the same reaction as a forbiddden spell

It depends on the discoverer, but it *can* provoke the same reaction, yes.

7. Wouldn't Astrology a other magic that can bring live to a golem?

Not true life, no.

8. Is the create Monster part of Gate magic a combination with Revision magic?

If you mean a fabricated creation, yes, almost always.

9. Is there something done in DLC 17 about the issue that students with Hall Session have no exam score reported?

Hmmm, that bug is pretty thorny because it has to do with how reporting and that system interact. I don't think I heard that they were looking at it at all, but I'll ask!

Hmmm, that bug is pretty thorny because it has to do with how reporting and that system interact. I don't think I heard that they were looking at it at all, but I'll ask!

Sad so my idea of putting the Saturday exam to the last week of Cheimare and Kaliri have its drawbacks or the team would have considered that.

So, if the question is: will the player have the option of being Garithinnia's Oan (so to speak), the answer is probably not. But you should expect to see her in some Morvidus stories all the same. :)

Ohh my sound like the backlash when my current Morvidus decided to change college get bigger each day. After all he already brought 2 "new" students to Morvidus before he even started the mid term exam and his Revision and Zoology mid term exam did go trough the roof (140 / 127).

1) Will the regent try to talk you out of your wish to change college if you had good grades in your old college?

2) Will a regent of a other college try to recruit you especial if you had their core skills as class and was great in them?

3) Was there ever a student that changed college more then once?

4) Was there a solution other then change college for a Student feel at home at 2 different college?

5) So Astrology, Revision and Enchant together can create a working golem that is legal even today? (Sound like a great focus for one of my chars)