Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

7) Do Revision spells which turn people into animals, (or vice versa) have any effect on behavior? What year would the theory behind that be discussed? (At least as far as pointing out where Masterylike effects start and you need to back off.)

Schwarzbart & Free;

1) Given that most traveling can only be done via airship I wonder if there traveling carney and merchant with mobil stall that move from city to city?

Actually, Jorndal's is a great example...it's just that the engine doesn't model seasonal Locations. :)

2) Are there steampowered carousel?

Just as amusements in the more lavish courts. Magic and conventional power, such as from humans or horses, do this kind of thing.

3) When do Mineta have big market days where vendor and carney from different regions are in the city?

Weekly, on a different day for each Tier of the City. I'm not sure the days specifically, though.

4) Are there mobile circus as we know them today with exotic animals, acrobats, clowns and so on or just fixed installations like the freak show?

Mobile.

5) What suggestion do the player come up that the freaks can earn their daily needs when suggesting to close down the freak show? (Even if they find a new job they will still end to be the source of laughter for the normal population)

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I understand the question for this one?

6) Jorndathal's Circus is on ships so yea it actual should be mobil but why can we then visit it the complete year?

This is an engine issue. :)

7) Do Revision spells which turn people into animals, (or vice versa) have any effect on behavior? What year would the theory behind that be discussed? (At least as far as pointing out where Masterylike effects start and you need to back off.)

They do not...unless [Redacted]. ;)

5) What suggestion do the player come up that the freaks can earn their daily needs when suggesting to close down the freak show? (Even if they find a new job they will still end to be the source of laughter for the normal population)

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I understand the question for this one?

He's asking how the freaks will get by after you successfully convince Jorndathal to close their part of the circus, or at least how the player will argue that they will be able to. I believe it's running under the assumption that closing the freak show means the freaks will collectively get fired, which...I don't think would be a very ethical thing to do? I don't think the game really explains this whole situation at all, so...

Schwarzbart;

HAHAH! That's a good way to look at it. :)

From the Team:

"That's actually something we always meant to follow up on with an adventure, and... well, didn't. ;)
Anyway, short answer: the freaks are either still working behind the scenes at the circus or have left town in search of work in traveling fairs (though the three-headed snakes and whatnot almost certainly ended up getting bought, under the table, by Professor Pachait). It's not ideal, but bear in mind that Jorndathal's reasons for shutting the freak show down had as much to do with their safety as anything else; there's a longstanding suspicion in Elumia - even in the big cities - that permanent physical abnormalities are in some way related either to Gates magic or to an Astrological response to grave injustices. Getting a bunch of "freaks" together has a way of resulting in vandalism, arson, and citizen mobs trying to prevent the dark magics from spreading, and part of the appeal of freak shows has traditionally been kind of a sense of dangerous instigation: will this be the day something bloody happens? Wouldn't it be exciting to see if it was?
So... yeah, it's arguably for the best, even if some of the freaks would prefer to take their chances."

Lol I probably never will see the follow up then as my current year 1 chars are all packed till the limit with other year 1 adventures where I suspect at last some have a forced follow up in year 2 ... and this together with much less timeslots thanks to the secret background (and no class skipping bug ^^).

Can you tell us a little bit about what the professors do, when they aren't professoring? At least what is solidly known by the student body, if a student really needed to find one in their off hours.

Well I know what Von Ruprecht do every night:

Well maybe just taking over Academagia... for now :P

Otherwise at least for the Regents I guess they are pretty busy with their side duties plus Regent duties:

Alazzo doing his diplomatic stuff, Briardi playing Legate, Badcrumble searching new ways to annoys her student etc.

1) Freespace: Can you tell us a little bit about what the professors do, when they aren't professoring? At least what is solidly known by the student body, if a student really needed to find one in their off hours. (I am more interested in their hobbies)

2) Do any of the professor or regent have a family with young children?