Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I talking about CoD in year 1 so far found at the wrong place give you detention but maybe in year 2 or even later there other things that could happen when spotted in places with high CoD?

It would be a nice change if sometime you have to handle the owner instead of a Professor when spotted in a place your not supposed to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Legate, I haven't pestered you with questions for a while now, right?

1. When talking about Gates Mishaps, is the Chaos factor distinguishable from the average magical accident?

2. Apart from the obvious reasons why Mastery is banned, can you elaborate any on the dangers to one's own health when using that magic?

3. We know how many of our classmates took each class in Y1, but as you've pointed out, even though we aren't aware of them, upperclassmates have shared some of our classes. Can you tell us about how many are likely to have been in our classes in Y1? I'm thinking 2 to 3 extra students?

4. Does the enchanting process differ when doing so during or after the creation of a item? Could a wizard partner up with a blacksmith and do the magic after the items are made just as easily?

Then lets also bring up the old questions again: :P

5) Are you allowed to share some more of the year 2 class and maybe even the requirment for them by now?

6) Who was the mad Legate that fought the battle at the Academagia: Gym of the Mind some decades back?

7) How long is it back that the last Professor, Regent or Legate got killed while working for the Academagia?

8) How common is it that one of the Academagia faculty got killed?

9) Is there a known place that teach Arithmancy and will we give the option to learn it during our 5 years at Academagia even if not at the Academy it self?

10) What are the speed records for airships that A: Only rely on natural wind, B: Rely on steam (and maybe wind too, if they can get away with it), and C: Magically augmented speeds (probably the Red Ship).

OK!

1. When talking about Gates Mishaps, is the Chaos factor distinguishable from the average magical accident?

Yes.

2. Apart from the obvious reasons why Mastery is banned, can you elaborate any on the dangers to one's own health when using that magic?

I cannot. Muah+haha. :)

3. We know how many of our classmates took each class in Y1, but as you've pointed out, even though we aren't aware of them, upperclassmates have shared some of our classes. Can you tell us about how many are likely to have been in our classes in Y1? I'm thinking 2 to 3 extra students?

Likely to be around that many, yes.

4. Does the enchanting process differ when doing so during or after the creation of a item? Could a wizard partner up with a blacksmith and do the magic after the items are made just as easily?

Hmmmmm. It's better to do it during, when the magic can 'set' with the item. But a master Enchanter could make that difference be indistinguishable in the final result.

5-10) I'll ping them. :)

11) It depends on the staff member- some would very much make fun of them. Others might treat them with considerable empathy.

5-10) I'll ping them. :)

1) Lol you doing this so long till I forgot about them or put them in my Signature again that you see them each day?

2) Are we allowed to make the release date for the Steam version public that we got via mail? (I had asked 2 day ago via PM but was ignored)

On 2, I'd assume not just in the off chance that something catches fire and it gets delayed for the umpteenth (you sure "upteenth" isn't words, spellcheck? 'Fyou say so...) time.

Though on the flip side the Team already confirmed an April release in the Greenlight comments 'bout a month back, so if something does catch fire the Team's going to have a hell of a time proving they aren't liars.

So, 'bout the Steam page:

Cast Spells from the five Pillars of Magic, or learn the Forbidden Arts

Artifice/Enchant, Astrology, Glamour, Incantation, Negation and Revision? 6? I recall that Orthography got demoted, but...

Also, pretty sure Gates/Mastery are pillars of magic in their own right, just...not legal ones.

Teach, train and adventure with a Familiar from one of dozens of species

I...don't see how teaching and training your Familiar are apparently separate things :huh:? They don't have Study Levels last I checked.

Enjoy nearly endless replayability and scope

"Especially because 'endless' is a pretty good description for the length of time between now and Y2's ETA, but you didn't hear that from me" ;)

I'm not sure why five over eight. Gates and Mastery are pillars of magic just as much as Revision and Negation, I don't think proscription stripped them of that title.

Speaking of Steam, BTW, what "achievements" does it have, and, eh...just what are Steam trading cards or whatever anyway?