Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

The problem with changing your Haircolor is that the Hair grows and if you just cange the curent hairs on your head blue your natural hair color will show up soon again.

To permanent solve this you have to change the roots of you hairs or even your DNA what need a loot of knowledge and powerfull but extrem exact magic.

Edit: ups beaten by the Legate and looks like my estimation is wrong on this.

Speaking of Gates, are there any enchantments that keeps Gate or Mastery magic from being used in a certain place? For example, let's say it's impossible to cast a Mastery spell in the Legate's office because they get negated as soon as they're cast?

Also, are there enchantments that keep the students from sneaking out of the school or anyone sneaking in, sort of like a security system but magical that can get triggered? I know we can do that in some adventures but it sounds pretty exposed. Granted, few would mess with an entire school of wizards but I can imagine what a good enough thief might do.

Leoshi;

Excellent questions! I do not know the answer- I'll see what the Content Team says. :)

Adrian;

Yes- there is a minimum level of hygiene set by the Regents, and enforced, usually, by your Mentor or other upper classmen. The reality depends entirely on who is looking into your room, and which College you are in. Aranaz is fairly strict in terms of policy, but very loose in terms of enforcement, I believe.

Edit: Leoshi, your answer:

"Zorzi is likely to be the shortest of the boys, and Emilia from Aranaz the shortest of the girls - but that's hardly canonical. We reserve the right to change our minds. :)

And Piccolet's maybe 6'3 or 4 and still growing at 14? Sound right? :)"

Legate;

Ah! So that's what the description meant by smooshed! Exactly how short tall is he and Emilia?

If Piccolet is that tall then I am expecting every room in the Academagia to be at least two times the height of an average person!

On an unrelated note, is it possible to use gates magic to bind another person's soul to you, effectively becoming your familiar? (Please don't ask for a reason for this wink.gif)

On another completely unrelated note, how did Pamela kick the bucket?

Adrian;

Tsk, tsk Adrian. Look at this mess! Clothes on the floor, papers and books in one corner, and what is that smell? When was the last time you actually thought of cleaning your room?biggrin.gif

Leoshi;

Shhh! they might hear you, and I am working on this *really* neat spell... Look, I'll share some of Aymeri's candy with you if you don't tell!

Zorzi is shorter than Emilia?... Interesting... *puts the bully hat on* (Lets be honest here, bullying Emilia is a VERY bad idea...)

Do the school allow (music) bands to be formed and perhaps preform on school grounds? Are they allowed to use school instruments and/or school practice rooms to hone their craft? - Also can students use the magic-practice rooms in their spare time/without teacher supervision?

Now I feel even more offended when I get into trouble for getting caught exploring classrooms around the school in the evenings! - "I was TRAINING (hey, what room was this again? Music? OK!) I was TRAINING the harp I tell you! Ask ANYONE my harp play is HORRIBLE! I NEED this training!"

Totally unrelated but can the word "fought" be used in day-to-day English without it being posh-sounding? I tried reading aloud some Diablo lore (yes, as I said, unrelated) and I can't say it without turning into my school English teacher! (Probably even worse!)

- Also the smell in my room, not my fault! I tried everything! Who knew that Frogs Breath would have an adverse effect on cotton candy when mixed with Dragon Lily? WHO?!

Regarding your training, I suspect that it's not easily provable that you aren't up to mischief, so unless you have permission to be in a specific area at that time, they won't go easy on you. I feel it to be more of a general rule that is inflexible out of necessity, and not a discretion against you specifically.

I recommend looking up a thesaurus regarding your diablo issue.

And good luck with the smell. I'd try negation (does seem to be my char's favorite pillar, oddly) and failing that, get some perfume and hope for the best.

Leaning a bit to the UK side of spelling (and pronoucing) I still find fought sounding a bit high-class, like something from "My fair Lady" <_< (not that I am really complaining, but still.)

Is there a colonization going on from the countries in modern day Elumia? If yes then who are the main countries that are expanding?

I think I need to work on flattery, or even flirtation to pull that off... *bite lip* yeaaah.. it's not happening before I max one of those - or my room mate learns chirurgery, revision and negation! (maybe even mastery - just to get the mental image away from me...)

Clearly I am too scared to ever do it,.. but what about you Leoshi? You are brave, right? Besides I may have heard a rumor that Chard might like to hear that from you... *wink*

Small question (albeit a bit silly one) why is the Canal of Snows called such? Not that I've been exploring after dark or any of such... ;)

(Edit: And who says kids doesn't learn anything in school? - I learned of two poems today, 'Hedonic Creed' and the drinking song 'Anilka and her Potion' ;) - upon further reflection I suppose those people might just disagree with was we learn... hmmm)