Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1. I remember reading that there are several interesting materials on the game's setting. Are there any plans to release this material after Y5 has been released? And will the team finally answer any question without the cryptic [redacted]?

2. Is professor Viada a heavy drinker that could put Irish dockworkers to shame? or more of a 'drink a glass (or 2) with every meal' type?

3. What is probably the most dangerous place on the Academy's campus?

4. Are prophetic dreams only ever experienced by wizards? Or can common folks have them too?

5. Can we safely assume that the amount of money that we carry in game, despite being displayed as Pims, are actually in denominations that would allow for easy carry on our person?

6. Can you say why Incantation and Glamour are more commonly practiced, besides utility? Are they more researched and thus easier to practice?

7. Is Negation magic any harder to negate? And what would happen if two negation spells collided?

8. What would happen to a Negation wizard who deflected a Mastery spell back at the Caster? Would he get in trouble?

9. When Casting spells, do they necessarily have to be cast from a wand after the spell is properly completed? Or can they have instantaneous effects without need of a wand projecting any energy? Is it situational?

10. Can clapping ones hands revive an injured or dying fairy?

11. Has there ever been a case where a life and death matter required Orsi but he was unable to be found? If so, what happened? Does he have the ability to be found more easily in such situations?

12. Can the magical auras of powerful wizards interact if they get too close to one another? Can that be managed if so?

13. Apart from Avila, is there any significant difference between the boys and girls dorms in the colleges?

14. Can you explain what the Valedictorian of a graduating class is supposed to do?

15. What date does Graduation happen on? the 28th of Kaliri? or is that just Go Away Day?

16. Is there any rule that states that a lower year student can't attend the graduating ceremony for a friend as a spectator?

17. Are there any students who acknowledge that their ancestors practiced Gates or Mastery in the Pre-ban past, or is the stigma too great for that to be openly shared?

18. in the case of the adventure, "the job posting" I want to ask if my character could confirm that Gates magic was used on him after the adventure concluded after being.... "Teleported". You said that even us first years would have the tools to do it, so without spoiling anything else, will you tell us the answer to that question? Would be be able to detect Gates magic having been used on us?

19. Has there ever been an alternate dimension found like the Mirror Universe from Star Trek?

20. Can a dragon's hunger be sated? Or can they just eat until they get bored with doing so?

Free;

1. I remember reading that there are several interesting materials on the game's setting. Are there any plans to release this material after Y5 has been released? And will the team finally answer any question without the cryptic [redacted]?

I would think so!

2. Is professor Viada a heavy drinker that could put Irish dockworkers to shame? or more of a 'drink a glass (or 2) with every meal' type?

You will have to find out in game. :)

3. What is probably the most dangerous place on the Academy's campus?

You know the answer to this is [Redacted]. I should note that it is very innocuous in Y1...;)

4. Are prophetic dreams only ever experienced by wizards? Or can common folks have them too?

Common folk as well.

5. Can we safely assume that the amount of money that we carry in game, despite being displayed as Pims, are actually in denominations that would allow for easy carry on our person?

I surely hope so. :)

6. Can you say why Incantation and Glamour are more commonly practiced, besides utility? Are they more researched and thus easier to practice?

Utility, primarily, but also ease of learning.

7. Is Negation magic any harder to negate? And what would happen if two negation spells collided?

No, and nothing...or something...depending on the timing. :)

8. What would happen to a Negation wizard who deflected a Mastery spell back at the Caster? Would he get in trouble?

If they did so knowingly, yes. But these are certainly extenuating circumstances.

9. When Casting spells, do they necessarily have to be cast from a wand after the spell is properly completed? Or can they have instantaneous effects without need of a wand projecting any energy? Is it situational?

They can be cast from the Palette, too. Or anything, really, that the Spell describes.

10. Can clapping ones hands revive an injured or dying fairy?

Only if many, many people do it, all at once, in a special venue. Like a theater.

11. Has there ever been a case where a life and death matter required Orsi but he was unable to be found? If so, what happened? Does he have the ability to be found more easily in such situations?

Hahaha! It hasn't happened yet. :)

12. Can the magical auras of powerful wizards interact if they get too close to one another? Can that be managed if so?

They can and do. It can be managed, yes.

13. Apart from Avila, is there any significant difference between the boys and girls dorms in the colleges?

Not that I am aware of, other than general location.

14. Can you explain what the Valedictorian of a graduating class is supposed to do?

They have certain ceremonial duties.

15. What date does Graduation happen on? the 28th of Kaliri? or is that just Go Away Day?

I'm not sure, but it's prior to that. 28 Kaliri is when the Gates close.

16. Is there any rule that states that a lower year student can't attend the graduating ceremony for a friend as a spectator?

No.

17. Are there any students who acknowledge that their ancestors practiced Gates or Mastery in the Pre-ban past, or is the stigma too great for that to be openly shared?

Not openly...

18. in the case of the adventure, "the job posting" I want to ask if my character could confirm that Gates magic was used on him after the adventure concluded after being.... "Teleported". You said that even us first years would have the tools to do it, so without spoiling anything else, will you tell us the answer to that question? Would be be able to detect Gates magic having been used on us?

I shouldn't say. But perhaps the Adventure should have an additional exit. :)

19. Has there ever been an alternate dimension found like the Mirror Universe from Star Trek?

No, although such a realm is theoretically predicted.

20. Can a dragon's hunger be sated? Or can they just eat until they get bored with doing so?

Definitely...for a short time. :)

Definitely...for a short time. :)

1) As in Minutes, hours or even days?

2) Is it planed that a player who finished Oan's adventure in a positive sense will have this player join her Graduation?

I understand that in Y2, fencing will be a skill. Is this still planned? If so, will studying/training in fencing unlock more abilities in swords from Y1, such as the Sword of Kush?

and will there be more about Jacedin and the being who gave it for those characters who have Jacedin?

And what is the most common fencing sword? Rapier? broadsword? smallsword? backsword? saber?

Did dragon mages take familiars? Or can only human mages take familiars?

and apologies for the stupid question, but when did humans in the sky-islands of Cyve break away from the dragons? Year 1? Year 0?

Speaking of the sky-islands, have there been efforts to use signal flares to communicate with the surface of Cyve?

1) Is it planed that the player can learn how to use a musket or arquebus during the time at Academagia? (No I don't talk about combat class or such even though my current char have voted for one in the event)

2) Is it planed that certain event or adventure even have a effect what class will be available in the next years? (i.e. think at the combat class petition, maybe the unban of Mastery or Gate ... or the death of a Professor)

Since Gates magic involves creating new types of living creatures, are there advanced parts of that pillar that imbue life into the unliving (such as metal statues) or formerly living (creating zombies)?

Are there any states on Cyve that limit political power to those with magical skill and knowledge?

How common are those mages who master 2 pillars of magic?

Do many if not most non-mages know at least a little magic (say, a 1 or 2 in one pillar)?

Rhi;

It's the case that in the past, Gates was indeed used to animate objects.

There are no states which limit power to those with magical knowledge- it's been tried in the past, however.

Freespace can answer the question about mastering multiple Pillars. ;)

Very few non-mages know magic, because of the difficulty and the study needed.