Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

9 hours ago, Rhialto said:

5. Would it be illegal in Mineta to publish a fictional work about a world in which humans ride and control dragons?

Rhialto, I found this in Random Event Student - Tulia 2:

Spoiler

You look down at the book in front of you and start to laugh. On the cover is a young boy riding a dragon (as if that could ever happen), with the title emblazoned in fiery letters: "Academagicking: The Moulding of Magicians!"

In the event, Tulia seems more upset about the misappropriation of the school's image for commercial purposes than a boy being depicted as riding a dragon. Though this might be a case of disparity between events and lore...

So, Legate:

1. What's your personal thoughts on Gates and Mastery? You've said that Gates is your favorite magic. Would you personally think that Gates is worth unbanning? You don't have to give your reasoning for obvious [redacted] reasons, but I'd like to get your opinion on them.

2. Hmm, Since it's possible to melt snow with Glamour magic, I was wondering if it's possible to kill someone with Glamour in similar fashion. Even if it would be very difficult to do it strikes me as something bizarre enough to overlook in certain circumstances.

3. Can Revision magic be painful to undergo? Most Revisions seem built to be pretty safe for obvious reasons, and I was curious if there's anything specific that needs to be learned when doing Revision spells on a living thing to avoid accidentally hurting someone.

4. In real life, pockets are something that appeared fairly late, due to sewing machines changing the ease of making pants for the better. What about in setting? There are quite a few references to pockets so I can only assume the school uniforms include quite a few of them, but at large are they especially common?

5. Since there are relatively few Astrology phemes, and most of the magic is done through more unconventional methods, how does one go about mixing it with other pillars?

6. Since it was only mentioned in the lores, I have to ask about whether Orsi did the "Cake and Willpower" test with our characters in Y1? And if so, who were the ones from our year to pass it? 

7. Is there any case of a spell being altered by the emotional state of the caster? Since it's possible for fire phemes to appear over a person who's angry if they've studied enough, I was wondering if that would interfere with casting at all, and what a professor might say if asked about that.

8. Can you give us a few examples of spells which have more than one common name, and why the wizarding community can't decide definitively on which of them should be the proper one?

9. I have a question about the map of the Academagia. It looks like there used to be a wall between the Academy and the Imperial reserve based of the guard houses/towers and gate. Was this the location for that reproduction of The Wall that fell apart and got scooped up by college Ickanicix? Or did it run through the reserve instead? If this is the spot, then do the remaining structures have any magic from the Autrine techniques as well?

10. On Vernin's exploding tower, is the upper part of the tower floating through a levitation enchantment? Or is it also caught in the same spell that stopped the explosion?

On 2, I've heard about a real life case of someone who got locked in a large freezer and froze to death, leaving behind a detailed and accurate description of how he experienced hypothermia. The people who found him were thoroughly confused, because the freezer wasn't on.

If that memory serves I'd imagine that Glamour can do even better.

Also just as a reminder: Zoe having Graverobber's Shame emotion. Bug or intended?

@Rydenius: That event that you cite is interesting, but it does not settle the question for me for the following reasons:

1. The book could be boot-leg, smuggled into Mineta.

2. Tulia is a student, not a member of the Minetan authorities.

@Legate of Mineta: These are my questions, which I posted on the last page:

1. Was archery formerly given more prominence in first year Athletics before gunpowder weaponry became a major factor in warfare?

2. Are there rumours swirling around why Beatrix von Wetgen has been given such freedom on the Campus and/or whether she is searching for something specific?

3. When did the other colleges of Academagia allow women? and was it all at once, or in a sequence?

4. Are imps associated with gates magic? is there a stereotype of gates mages summoning imps?

5. Would it be illegal in Mineta to publish a fictional work about a world in which humans ride and control dragons?

1. What's your personal thoughts on Gates and Mastery? You've said that Gates is your favorite magic. Would you personally think that Gates is worth unbanning? You don't have to give your reasoning for obvious [redacted] reasons, but I'd like to get your opinion on them.

Tsk, the answer is obviously [redacted]. ;)

2. Hmm, Since it's possible to melt snow with Glamour magic, I was wondering if it's possible to kill someone with Glamour in similar fashion. Even if it would be very difficult to do it strikes me as something bizarre enough to overlook in certain circumstances.

Absolutely possible.

3. Can Revision magic be painful to undergo? Most Revisions seem built to be pretty safe for obvious reasons, and I was curious if there's anything specific that needs to be learned when doing Revision spells on a living thing to avoid accidentally hurting someone.

It has to be made specifically  painful (or botched)- otherwise, there's no sensation of that type.

4. In real life, pockets are something that appeared fairly late, due to sewing machines changing the ease of making pants for the better. What about in setting? There are quite a few references to pockets so I can only assume the school uniforms include quite a few of them, but at large are they especially common?

Not really common, no, for the reasons you suggest.

5. Since there are relatively few Astrology phemes, and most of the magic is done through more unconventional methods, how does one go about mixing it with other pillars?

Typically, through the use of specialized Palettes.

6. Since it was only mentioned in the lores, I have to ask about whether Orsi did the "Cake and Willpower" test with our characters in Y1? And if so, who were the ones from our year to pass it?

I believe you were, yes. :)

7. Is there any case of a spell being altered by the emotional state of the caster? Since it's possible for fire phemes to appear over a person who's angry if they've studied enough, I was wondering if that would interfere with casting at all, and what a professor might say if asked about that.

It can definitely happen, but that's caused by the Ideals, generally.

8. Can you give us a few examples of spells which have more than one common name, and why the wizarding community can't decide definitively on which of them should be the proper one?

I'll have to ask the Team for specific examples, but if often comes from different regions and cultures, simultaneous creation, theft and renaming, and so on.

9. I have a question about the map of the Academagia. It looks like there used to be a wall between the Academy and the Imperial reserve based of the guard houses/towers and gate. Was this the location for that reproduction of The Wall that fell apart and got scooped up by college Ickanicix? Or did it run through the reserve instead? If this is the spot, then do the remaining structures have any magic from the Autrine techniques as well?

No, that was a gate to prevent unauthorized access to the Reserve.

10. On Vernin's exploding tower, is the upper part of the tower floating through a levitation enchantment? Or is it also caught in the same spell that stopped the explosion?

It's caught by the same Spell.

For Zoe...I think that must be a bug, but I'll ask. :)

Edit: Sorry Rhi, missed those!

1. Was archery formerly given more prominence in first year Athletics before gunpowder weaponry became a major factor in warfare?

Why yes. :)

2. Are there rumours swirling around why Beatrix von Wetgen has been given such freedom on the Campus and/or whether she is searching for something specific?

Certainly, it's of interest to your classmates!

3. When did the other colleges of Academagia allow women? and was it all at once, or in a sequence?

In a sequence, beginning with the founding of Avila.

4. Are imps associated with gates magic? is there a stereotype of gates mages summoning imps?

Hmmm. In the sense that they were summoned via Gates, yes. But not really a stereotype.

No, as the human is controlling the Dragon.

On ‎27‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 4:50 PM, Rhialto said:

1. Does Academagia offer any instruction in gunpowder weaponry? it is obviously not a Y1 subject, but in later years?

2. What was the last college to admit women?

3. which college is least popular with aristocrats?

@Legate of Mineta I think you missed this questions

1) Could it be that the aristocrats dislike the current sport focus the Godina regent set as focus for the education of their own children? I suspect that the aristocracy prefer the old combat focus that the current Regent hate so much. (At last this would explain why this year there is no noble in this college)

Legate, can you give some examples of bullying that would be so bad that the faculty would actually intervene if they found out about it? I want to see what they would consider to be beyond the typical 'schoolyard scuffle'

@Legate of Mineta: Will this apply to other characters also? I am thinking particularly of Miya - that girl's schemes are very dangerous, and may impact upon how deeply a player wants to get to know her.

In game questions:

1. is there any tradition of meditation/contemplative prayer in Mineta/the Empire?

2. Which pillar of magic has the most masters?
3. Is there a policy at Academagia against professors belittling other pillars of magic?

1. Can astrology spells harm people directly? can one use astrology to summon a storm or meteor to hit an opponent?

2. Are any courses at Academagia taught or traditionally have been taught by clergy/mages?

3. Is there any effort to create a New Monteon in some other land, or even find an un-inhabited island to settle for that purpose?

4. Was exploration of the world and its sky islands much easier and faster when gates was legal? (I hope that I have not asked this question before)

Rhi;

1) Yes, although of course the odds of predicting such a specific and cataclysmic event are pretty low. ;)

2) Absolutely yes.

3) Although there has been some discussion in resettling them via conquest in Oursouk, there hasn't been any serious attempts to create a new homeland- no isles of size are really uninhabited.

4) Not particularly, no. Transit between them certainly was, however. :)

1) Will the research option for what to do in year 2 class also result in max increase of SS that are outside of the skill the class focus on?

2) Is Dialectic one of the class we can continue on in year 2 and will it have more such marvel like Infer Pheme that allow to learn magic from all pillars?

3) Is the new combat module for year 2 something like Tale of Wuxia have or something different?