Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

for 3 I was thinking more along the lines of side effects.

But that raises an interesting point.

If I created a 10 year supply of food with magic, that had a 10 year duration. If I ate only that food for 10 years, after the duration was up, would I disappear?

11 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhialto;

No, it would be similar to Renaissance Italian and Sicilian, perhaps.

So maybe more like Latin and Faliscan perhaps? Faliscan was a form of communication similar to Latin that scholars apparently cannot agree whether to call a dialect or a language.

@Metis: There is to this day anti-Mongolian, anti-Chinese, anti-Japanese, etc., sentiment. To give a simple demonstration, if BCS were to claim that the Draconic language was based upon Hebrew, the game could be accused of being anti-Semitic. For these reasons, BCS would be better, I think, to leave the dragons' language undefined. If nothing else, this would enhance the dragons' alienness.

Really, I believe that dragons did exist in real life.*

*Non sapient lizards of various types that were hunted to extinction in antiquity due to how dangerous they were.

So technically Dragons in setting are just embellished, slightly anthropomorphized versions of a certain type of real life dragon.  And made evil. :)

3 minutes ago, freespace2dotcom said:

So technically Dragons in setting are just embellished, slightly anthropomorphized versions of a certain type of real life dragon.  And made evil. :)

@freespace2dotcom: If you were to replace "a certain type of real life dragon" with "a certain type of real life serpent/lizard", you would have something close to my view. But the idea of having any evil species clearly patterned off of a  real life ethnicity/culture/language could easily offend people for various reasons, such as their being part of such an ethnicity/culture/language. Thus, I am glad that BCS has not patterned dragons after any real ethnicity/culture/language. I personally would be offended, for example, if the Dragons were to be patterned off the Tanguts.

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Is there any propaganda accusing any culture or state known to the Empire of Man of being not merely controlled by/allied with dragons but actually influenced by dragons in terms of vernacular vocabulary and/or social organization?

2. is the study of draconic language as carefully controlled as the study of reptiles?

Alas, I do believe that some of them were actually called dragons. The name had to come from somewhere. But if you like, you're free to add quotation marks to my original statement in order to add more clarification that that is what they were called, rather than an affirmative that it is what they were.

Anyway...

Legate. What is recognized as the most dangerous creature that was ever created with Gates magic? And did it meet it's end, and if so how?