Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Ooh, so in other words the recent questions have brought up issues that need to be decided on now? :)

How interesting! On one hand I don't want to rush them, but on the other I really want to know. So conflicted.... :(

@Legate of Mineta: If you need any help with editing, I would be happy to volunteer. I love copy-editing.

Speaking of languages, do any of the professors allow students to submit course work in a language the the professor and the student are fluent in? For example, Badcrumble could offer to receive course material in Oncestrian. When I studied Chinese literature in an anglophone course, the professor allowed people to write the essays/tests in English or Chinese.

Rhi;

1) In the current rump of the Empire, no. In former Imperial territories, yes.

2) Yes, there are some farmlands on the grounds themselves. The land grant is large enough to feed the Academy if it were tilled, but mostly they fill their larders by purchasing from the City.

Schwarzbart;

3) I don't think there are any mandatory ones, but your Regent may 'suggest' otherwise...;)

@Legate of Mineta: By current rump of the Empire, I take it that you mean the territory directly ruled by Mineta, right?

1. Have any Academagia students been serfs?

2. Are serfs, when arriving in Mineta or Minetan territory, deemed free?

3. What would Academagia do if a generous noble were to give them land or the right to revenue from a tract of land, or land with serfs? Has Academagia had to deal with such a gift before?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Has there ever been a situation where a student has had the inclination and the finances to study at the Academagia but the student's parents do not want the study to continue? How would the Academagia handle such a dispute?

2. What would the Academagia do if one parent were support the child's study and the other not, with both having the money to finance the study?