Black Chicken Studios Forums
Adrian

A few in game questions

Rhi;

"Probably not in great detail, but yes.  In fact, he's probably made direct appeals to her family at various points, though they wouldn't have gone very far."

Schwarzbart;

It's complicated...I don't think I can say more here. :)

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Would it be legal in the Empire of Man for people to collaborate with people from outside the Empire of Man in suppressing Gates magic inside and outside the Empire of Man if said people from outside the Empire of Man were to make it clear that they are devout followers of a religion not the new religion?

2. Would it be legal in the Empire of Man for people to collaborate with people from outside the Empire of Man in suppressing Gates magic inside and outside the Empire of Man if said people from outside the Empire of Man were to make it clear that they are devout followers of a religion not the new religion who oppose sporadic efforts by their religion's clergy to venerate dragons?

Rhi;

"In the case of 1, if the foreign religion wasn't deemed subversive (i.e., inherently hostile to the idea of Temple authority - and refusing to pay taxes and duty fees) and didn't seem particularly draconic, it probably wouldn't be illegal. There wouldn't be official cooperation, but there certainly might be links forged between individuals interested in the same goals.

In the case of 2, if the foreign religion has periodic flirtations with dragon-worship, all bets are off.  It might not be illegal to accept the adherents' help in a crisis, but it would go a long way toward discrediting your efforts and would almost certainly subject you to investigations.  It would not be well advised."

Is horn a planed SS for a later year and if so will the skill of a imported player character adjusted to a higher start if (s)he had training in horn in a previous adventure? 

Has an Academagia student ever left the school entirely, unannounced? Basically dropped out of their own accord, but without any official due process observed on their end?

The description of Professor Storey's desk mentions "with Professor Storey's rumored past, perhaps it's best not to get caught." What rumors would a first year student have heard?

(this one may have been asked before, but it's not coming up with the search.)

2) Is it planed that we see the new Professor that join at the end of The Topiary Garden as actual teach in year 3 or later? (I don't think we see her in Y2 because of bureaucratic err game engine reasons)

6 hours ago, Good Coyote said:

The description of Professor Storey's desk mentions "with Professor Storey's rumored past, perhaps it's best not to get caught." What rumors would a first year student have heard?

(this one may have been asked before, but it's not coming up with the search.)

I suspect it is because of the Marchant family as their sons all got into Morvidus and where all troublemakers with Philippe the youngest and most tame one.

6 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

The Topiary Garden was considered such a case till the player finish this adventure. At last from my understanding.

True, but that turned out to be something completely different in the end (at least if I remember that adventure correctly it was more "kidnapping" than "choosing to leave"). That said...

10 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

M;

The answer is definitely yes.

Could you elaborate?

Metis;

For you:

"It's not common, but it's happened plenty of times over the centuries.

In fact, a big part of why student access to the Imperial Reserve is restricted is the most notorious cause for spontaneous departure: Satyric abduction (though the Satyrs themselves would say it was Satyric fellowship).  Roughly every twenty or thirty years (most recently in 1644) an older student will fall in with one of the great Satyric revels and adopt the lifestyle - sometimes they're encountered again years later, in many cases as powerful wizards in their own right, and sometimes they just vanish into the wild.  Somehow, the Satyrs and/or something else in the Reserve tend to block any Astrological attempts to track the kids down.

Other students have cracked under the pressure of their studies, usually compounded by hostile relationships with their Regents, and still others have stumbled into magical opportunities or disasters that didn't allow for bureaucratic niceties. 

One rather famous example of the latter: in 1483, a Hedi student named Conselo Jax discovered a homeless woman who was actually the partially Mastered Countess of Breuve; he freed her from her state on a Monday night and ten days later was the flag-carrier on her campaign to retake her homeland, his face hidden behind a mask of rubies and alabaster.  The school had no idea where Conselo was until about six months later, when it came out that he had been adopted as the countess's heir, had changed his name to Selus de Breuve, and had taken up residence at the Floating Court on the river Bres."

GC and Schwarzbart, I just sent yours- I missed them the first time. :)

OK, GC:

"1.  Mostly complaints and horror stories from second years happy to have a impressionable audience.  The most frequently told tale would’ve been that of the entire first-year class, three years before, who had given detention on the second day of studies and forced to trim a good chunk of the Morvidus green with fingernail clippers.  (Someone had pranked Storey and the kids had refused to divulge the prankster’s identity.)"

Schwarbart:

"2.  [Redacted]"