Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Is the Aviary in the main building or somewhere 'outside'?

Would you be able to get to know all the... ah the name.. animal-sitters of the Academagia or are there just too many?

Also, do the Academagia host creatures made from gate magics?

*squirms* I think I may be the reason why a 'ban' is a bad idea on anything... Still, I choose to read between the lines that the answer was 'would never *openly* host a creature of Gates origin' <_<

Now to get away before a teacher catches me prowling the forums for forbidding knowledge! :P

So, loads of kids, some professors, a few groundskeepers, maybe some guards and a few cooks and cleaning crew? actually live at the school... Amazing that we still manage to turn it into a battlezone ;)

Speaking of which, is pranking cleaners/cooks/guards a big NO-NO if you want to stay out of detention? (Also, would a water trap that was meant for a target but a cook might wander into be considered detention-worthy?)

How much do you place importance on familiars in the Academagia? Would not walking in the hallways with your familiar be odd?

I was considering a few scenarios and was curious as to how it would be seen.

1) Having no familiar. I remember that the Baron of... names names.. something wood (I think) didn't have any magical abilities and, I assume, would not have a familiar either. I realize that this may be an extreme case (as he managed to hide his lack of skills very well) but did no one wonder why he never had a familiar with him? Will anyone wonder if you don't run around with a familiar in the schoolyard and such?

2) The dolls (and even more embarrassing familiars - I'm looking at you Elephant). Are there a stigma to having vary odd familiars? Is it frowned upon when you leave your talking doll in your room because you don't want bullies to whack you?

3) Food. I suspect that getting food for a specific familiar could be difficult in a closed environment as the Academagia unless the school aids in some way. If you have a familiar with specific needs or requires a specific food do you then ask the school for help or get your parents to send supplies?

Adrian;

In Year 1 Familiars are not that uncommonly seen- it really just depends on the Familiar, and how disruptive they are/can be.

1) Familiars do not always accompany their Wizards. Some Wizards dislike their Familiars actively, and never bring them to anything. It's not that rare, although it isn't the general case.

2) Yes, they can pose problems. :)

3) The Academagia's Bestiary provides for special needs Familiars, including their food. Off-campus, you have to figure it out yourself. :)

Haha! Real life can actually be fun sometimes. I bought an old vintage 60's Mustang back when I was in the Navy, and now today I got it back from the restore shop! I don't have the money to make it like new...yet! But I can drive it now without worrying about putting my foot through the floor! No Rust! YAY!! :) If only I could do a little revision myself... ;)

Anyway, I've got questions.

Legate, I know there is chocolate because there are the coco fruits.

What kind of candies from real life exist here? I'm gonna make a list of candies and you can say yes or no, and maybe add a few of the magical ones too. :)

1. Those peppermint hard round candies.

2. Lolipops. I refer to the more fantastic versions that you might see in the willy wonka movie.(which were actually real)

3. Butterscotch?

4. You know those chocolate coins that come wrapped in gold and silverlike packaging?

And do they have candy stores like you might have seen if you lived back in the 50's?

Also; Are chocolate fruit's texture like a candybar chocolate, or maybe a tootsie roll, or something else?

Freespace;

I believe a resounding yes to all those kinds of candies, minus the foil coated coins (although, I suppose if you were wealthy enough...)

I imagine that there are more than one candy store in Mineta, but they are likely to be more akin to the confectioners of Reformation Europe in that they are patrons of the nobility, and probably not the kind of place you can walk into off the street (though, they might do business at the back door!) There is one exclusively magical confectioners which serves the population of the Academagia, however, and the nobility. I can't be sure, but I think it's already in the game?

The chocolate fruit's texture is probably similar to aerated chocolate, if you've ever had it.

...a worthy Reviser should be in every mechanic's shop. ;)

I had to look it up, but yes, the chocolate in a 3 musketeers bar! Yum! I love those!

Do Chocolate fruit have seeds, or do the trees propogate by unknown means?

Also, is it possible to make "invisible paint"? By that I refer to paint that, when applied, would make something invisible, as opposed to paint that you cannot see, which would be pretty pointless. :)

I for one really hope that you can competency out of certain classes and take the next one on the list if you're good enough. I'm sure that over the course of 5 years most characters, and even some NPC's should have the potential for that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Another round of questions!

1) How are exams done? Athletics I can imagine running, pole vault and such and history, arithmetic, geometry, grammar done on paper. But what about magic classes? Paper or practical? Or something like this that was posted two years ago?

2) What about gym wear? I can understand that the boys would wear trunks that were not invented yet for swimming otherwise they would be .... nevermind that. So what style do they wear? Say a shirt and shorts like the modern age or something? Or is it that the world of Academagia is so advance that they already have synthetic fibre?

3) Which of the professors are married?

4) The credits screen. Where is the fountain with the dragons spraying water out of their mouth? And also why is there a fountain with dragons spraying water out of their mouth?

5) About the artwork that shows the complete outfit the kids wear in this game, have any been found yet? laugh.gif

Leoshi;

1) How are exams done? Athletics I can imagine running, pole vault and such and history, arithmetic, geometry, grammar done on paper. But what about magic classes? Paper or practical? Or something like this that was posted two years ago?

They are primarily practical, but we are very fond of that Negation Exam. :)

2) What about gym wear? I can understand that the boys would wear trunks that were not invented yet for swimming otherwise they would be .... nevermind that. So what style do they wear? Say a shirt and shorts like the modern age or something? Or is it that the world of Academagia is so advance that they already have synthetic fibre?

They wear looser versions of daily wear, which would include trousers and a sleeved shirt. Women wear a similar kind of attire.

3) Which of the professors are married?

Good question. I'll have to check. ;)

4) The credits screen. Where is the fountain with the dragons spraying water out of their mouth? And also why is there a fountain with dragons spraying water out of their mouth?

Where indeed. :)

5) About the artwork that shows the complete outfit the kids wear in this game, have any been found yet?

I don't think so, no- the artist does have it, but...;)

Practical?

Zoology exam

Professor Pachait: Alright kids! First one to wrestle and tie down this werehog gets full marks! Just watch out for the razor tusks. And don't get rolled over.

Regarding the artwork, But? BUT? BUT?! smile.gif