Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Another round of random questions! Well not really random but I just need to know.

1) Beholders. Are they the multi-eyed kind or my personal favourite, the Heroes of Might & Magic III one-eyed beholder walking around on tentacle legs?

2) The Emperor Sphinx. How do some of the kids know where the sphinx is? Wouldn't the sphinx be really important to guard that not even a mouse should be let into the room?

3) If a student were to miss dinner, will there be leftovers in a magical fridge in the kitchen or will the kid have to sneak in, grab some ingredients, make a sandwich and get out before anyone catches him?

4) Enchanted underclothing. Do they exist? If it wasn't so strange to think about, I would have place a suggestion to have a new item slot for underwear. Think about. The first game to have an underwear slot.

I'm going a bit crazy right now.tongue.gif

Leoshi;

Inquiring minds. ;)

1) Beholders. Are they the multi-eyed kind or my personal favourite, the Heroes of Might & Magic III one-eyed beholder walking around on tentacle legs?

I like Beholders, too! Sadly, I don't think they are commonplace/known. I'm pretty sure Gates could help you there. :)

2) The Emperor Sphinx. How do some of the kids know where the sphinx is? Wouldn't the sphinx be really important to guard that not even a mouse should be let into the room?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to visit the Sphinx in Y1, but this really should not be the case. Eventually, there'll be an Adventure you'll have to do to gain access. ;)

3) If a student were to miss dinner, will there be leftovers in a magical fridge in the kitchen or will the kid have to sneak in, grab some ingredients, make a sandwich and get out before anyone catches him?

Sure- it's not allowed, though. You either make it for a meal, or you don't, and the cooks can be unforgiving. Doesn't stop midnight snack raids, though!

4) Enchanted underclothing. Do they exist? If it wasn't so strange to think about, I would have place a suggestion to have a new item slot for underwear. Think about. The first game to have an underwear slot.

I'm sure it does, Leoshi. We'll, uh, let you mod that in. :)

*laughs* admittedly, the underwear idea is pretty clever. We should have a cleanliness stat too then, going down every day unless you change underwear, and you could then enchant it to last longer. :P

Yeah, I'm actually kind of looking forward for the Sphinx adventure, even if it would likely close off one of the most beneficial training grounds in the game for a long while.

Mineta is a dock city, but the Academagia is (if I understand correctly) higher elevated. Is it too high for ships to be spotted from the towers? (Would it be, if not impossible, then difficult to build a ship that could climb to that elevation?)

Is it possible to have more than one familiar?

I was looking through Cante's adventure (for research) and at Part 4b, It says his Familiar is a cat named Inertia. Then his profile says his familiar is a hedgehog named Sikaru.

Huh?

What is ? > corret tongue.gif

Anyway, in Noemia's adventure, Avgust sleeps with a toy unicorn named Mr. Twinkles? Please tell me this is true.

Are there any more embarrassing secrets like this hidden around? Will we have to do some more digging to find it or could 'Persuasion: The honourable Legate of Mineta' tell us a few dirty secrets?

I could use something to torture Reitz with.

So you're not going to reveal any more secrets about some of the more dangerous/annoying students?

That's fine. But I must warn you. I have finish reading the Interrogator's guide as detailed in the lore section. smile.gif

Oh and I found out that there is another Artemis in the game. A second year. Female. There goes my Artemis' uniqueness.

What would be the most common name in Elumia? Just in case I need an alias.

Also, are duels used in the collages competing against one another?

Medinei, the brotherly strife they got going there. The brothers are co-rulers? How old are they? How much does the strife take up on court-buisness? :)

BeautyPoo,

I can't say if Satyrs are considered fae, but there are faeries too, the little winged trickster kind :)

There is some censorship though, as far as I know, mostly concerned with the 'forbidden pillars of magic' being Gates and Mastery.

Not sure if there is a not-china, but there was a not-japan if I recall, though it was way off the map. Sounds possible though :)

Is it allowed to borrow books (home) from the Venalicium, or do you have to stay to read them?

Is the Library closed to students at certain times of the day? (To avoid them slinking around perhaps)

- Also! Are you asked to sign in when you visit the Library?

BP;

Satyrs are considered to be of fae kind, yes. :)

There is a not-China, although very little is known about it. It is rumored to be under the sway of Dragons, and fabulously wealthy.

There is censorship all throughout Elumian society, although there is more freedom of expression for mages than other kinds of people, in pratice.

I hate to ask a question that I seem to remember being asked once before, but between my poor memory, not getting the search answer I hoped and this post needing a bump I'll post it ;)

Where do the students swim for gym class? Ardia Lake or somewhere else? - if it is the lake, do the teacher calm it first? (That lake is not one I'd want to learn to swim in, honestly)