Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I agree here that complet Random Skills maybe souldent give out Skills that pure knowledge is punished with death.

Oh and I wonder that the Sphinx can teach Gate and Mastery Magic to every level wouldn't that mean that the Sphinx have mastered this two Magical Arts?

Especial teaching this arts ot a Student that didn't even direkt ask for this knowledge or even worse didn't even know of this bevore!

Isn't the Sphinx risking to be punished by Law for teaching such things?

Or are we here at the point that this law is almost never used to its full force for many years now?

(or the lore have to be adjusted because of Engine Limitations)

Considering that the Sphinx has been around for quite a while, I am not sure I'd want to be the one to charge it for illegal possession and distribution of forbidden knowledge. Chances are it knows the laws as the back of it's thumb and most Academagia students are to some degree affected by the Sphinx's teachings. You'd make a lot of potentially dangerous people angry <_<

but yes,.. it is kinda odd that you get can get knowledge of the forbidden arts through the Sphinx or Longshade and so on.

I could temporize here, but the real answer is that it's a limitation of the engine. Once seen...that knowledge cannot be unseen, sorry! :)

Maybe the Sphinx just likes causing trouble? :)

In regards to Islands drifting- yes, some Islands are above and some are below, and can be without direct sunlight except at dawn and sunset. Sung is probably the most famous of these, although it is partially *within* another island it collided with. These kinds of catastrophic collisions between larger islands only seem to have occurred in the immediate aftermath of the Exile, although smaller islands do, from time to time, collide. Even in the event of a disastrous collision, these islands always eventually rebuild themselves through their Wellspring.

There is no unarmed martial arts culture, apart from boxing, but there are many refined sword styles. Disagreements between non-mages are absolutely handled in this way. Rimbal has a non-magical variant, called Cagallo. It's actually older than Rimbal, which was created by wizards who wanted to spice up the game and deal with the constant magical cheating that would inevitably occur when mages played. I'm looking at your Mastery ways, CremePudding. :)

I can easily imagne the Sphinx just messing around with people like that...

If I am ever playing Rimbal with CremePuding, I'll be sure to keep an eye out of people who suddenly feel the urge to score in their own goal - that is for sure!

(Then again, I might just blackmail the judge to annul the goals in question)

I can easily imagne the Sphinx just messing around with people like that...

If I am ever playing Rimbal with CremePuding, I'll be sure to keep an eye out of people who suddenly feel the urge to score in their own goal - that is for sure!

(Then again, I might just blackmail the judge to annul the goals in question)

You misspelled my name. Prepare to spend the rest of your life playing Rimbal with Eleni! :angry:

Well, there's an other ethical use of Mastery there xD, casting Stupidity on yourself to remove the evil Mastery knowledge from yourself and others! Wait, does that logic even work?

I will just wait for teleportation instead if Mastery doesn't work in Rimbal :(

...On the other hand, if Wishing somehow popped up later on, you won't know you are controlled!

*gasp!* You are right! A thousand apologies CremePudding! I shall attempt to better myself.

I'd say, casting stupidity on others (just to ensure they don't learn Mastery or the like) sounds like a truly eithical thing to do. It also happens to make them easier to manipulate!

Does the school allow students to stay on school premises throughout school, and if not, when does the school open the doors for students at the begining of the schoolyear? (I suspect that you are allowed to find your room some days prior to school start).

15th Theriventus or so perhaps.

2 weeks without Access of the Academagica would be good so my chars will do some different things then just hitting the books and go out for adventure.

Maybe I even manage to play a game of rimbal then ^^.

Also the Vanalicium is not on the Academy Ground so at last one of the good Librarys will be open if you stay at Mineta.

Will the additional electives replace the mandatory slots making us need to drop certain subjects in order to gain new ones? Or will we be attending more and if so has it been decided how many?

Is there a list somewhere of the new subjects in year 2 and so on? I've noticed a few teachers with no subject shown, due to them not being for first year students.

Are there 24 hours in a day? How many days are there in a year?

What the general age bracket for the five other academies you could have been educated at: Baltagio, Blackheath, Chameil, Safaviore, Vihuela? Are they 8 to 14 or so, or do they offer cources full up to 18? How many years does a student spend at each if they go for a full education at them (rather then transferring to, oh, the Academagia)? (Safaviore, Vihuela, and Baltagio being most important to me, but I'm sure people want information on the others.)

What age do Apprenticeships generally start? I'm assuming again 8, but I assumed wrong on ages, so... ^^;

How much prejudice/-isms are there in the Academagia and Mintea? I've noticed very little sexism: are there certain jobs judged to be only fit for male or female, are mages beyond such things but they're more common on the commoner-level, or... whatever? Prof Bri's description implies that gals aren't usually given leadership of Academagia Collages, if nothing else. I know there's some species-ism: is there racism? Most everyone seems to well, er, have the general west-European or even Germanic look, with a slight representation of the Latin facial structure and, well, Mhadi. Would students like Mhadi, or any who had real-world Asian, Indian, First People, etc etc etc etc get discriminated against? Stared at for their different skill color/bone structure? Totally overlooked? How free are people who would in today's world identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual? Is keeping a lover of the same-sex looked at any differently then keeping a lover of the opposite? Can those who have a same-sex relationship engage in marriage or binding ceremonies as may be appropriate? How are transgender/those who feel they're born as the wrong sex treated?

Is there even magic that could (to a degree of permanent-ness, as in not just a glamour) change ones sex? Hm.

How do the various religions get along? I know that dragon-worship is a huge, big, no no no, but is all worship of the lesser gods okay, or...? Have religious wars broken out any time recently?

Is it possible that some isles out there that don't have, say, a large population of mages, are a bit more advanced on the steampunk front then Academagia? Oddly, Arcanum is coming to mind- don't know if you know the game, it's an older Baldur's Gate-style RPG that mixed Steampunk and Magic pretty darn well in my opinion.

Gunpowder: has it been figured out how to use it for fireworks yet?

On the war front, what are the most recent wars to hit Elumia? Who was fighting who, and how long ago were they? Or is this in the War/History Research stuff? /should get digging

What were the genders of the two founders of the forgiven houses? I kept writing the Mastery one as female, then realized that was probably wrong. ;; That's probably in the lore, but Mastery can be a bit hard to come by... hm.

Lucien;

College electives will replace, in some cases, your mandatory classes. The other classes you chose in Year 1 can be changed as well.

Mikka;

There are 24 Hours in a Day and 360 Days in a Year.

The other Academies are preparatory academies, but probably they all offer advanced coursework. They are focused, though, so not suitable for a general study of magic. About 8 would be correct for beginning these academies, as well as, in general, for apprenticeships.

Racism and prejudice exist, as they do in every human culture. Leaving aside the analogous European situation, life in Elumia is remarkably without the more prevalent notions of racism and sexism, though. This would probably be extended to LGBT as well.

Sure, but making it permanent would be very difficult.

Religious wars have broken out in the past; some of the conflict between Elumia and Oursouk is motivated by religion, as was some of the early wars of the Empire. However, since worship of the New Gods is so prevalent, there is a general tolerance of minority religions.

Several nations are advanced enough to have discovered and employed the steam engine. Ruckmarn and Staade are two of the most industrialized. Gunpowder has been discovered and is used, although it mostly considered a curiosity in the south. Fireworks are relatively common.

Probably the most recent conflicts were a war between the Pashate of Khaifa and the Pashate of Saisyne; an escalation of the Brother's War in Medinei; continued commercial conflicts between the Barony of Cassatta, the Republice of Alfi, the Duchy of Ilice and the Republic of Ghiera; continued war between the Duchy of Breuil, the Republic of Pievre, the Confederation of the Plaite and the Duchy of Vauriege; and finally the Duchy of Staade and the Principality of Schus are winding down from a particularly bloody conflict.

Mastery was King Kazus (male) and Gates was Queen Icanicix (female).

Done! :)