Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Wait, out of curiosity what happens when you boost skills beyond their max with magic, items or other effects?

I have somehow managed to get my displayed Negation skill to be around 18 (bonus from emotion, Study Mastery I think, the personal wand and Vuilluime's magical shield device) with Negation Methods around 19. Yet the "max" listed is only 10 for most of my Negation skills.

If I use Revision of Skills with my displayed 19 Negation Methods, will it use 19 or 10?

Schwarzbart;

Year 1 Items affect Year 1 Maximums; so it will only take effect from 10.

Huh?

Lets say I have Revision Pheme Maximum of 12 and add us this ring to have 14.

I now train Revision Pheme to 13.

First when I lose the ring in year 1 will the SS then

1. drop back to 12
  2. temporary act as 12 till I have the max increased again
  3. Keep at 13

You say the effect of the ring will no longer work in year 2 and so in my example my SS max would be 22 in year 2 because of the 2 normal SS max increases I have or something different?

Schwarzbart;

No, the ring would work- what I meant was that...hmmm, Maximums don't quite work the same way they did in Year 1 for values of 20+. The Ring is very valuable, but it won't impact your scores beyond 20. Well, you'll see. Suffice to say, you want to have Skill Maximums as they will make it much easier to get to 20.

blink.gif

Adrian!! You little (whatever your avatar will be)! That was not what I meant about the wands!

I can play this too. *Try this" and scroll down to Talk.

And going back to the part about hibernation and familiars, Legate.

Did you just revealed that we will have bears as familiars?wink.gif

Are there any events/adventures/jobs that use all the spy craft that you can train up? I've trained up all the relevant ones, and even opted to have a Grifter background, but I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing? Some way to be part of the Thief's Guild, or becoming a spy? Or are those things not till you're 'out of school'?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

At last in year 1 you can't join the Thief Guild or become a spy. But there Adventures and Event that make use of your Espionage and spy skills. Beside that in Espionage you find one of my favorit spells.

Edit: At what shop can we buy good chests to transport all the items we got our hand on in year 1?

Items like this are needed because we where allready told that we need to hold on items from Adventures to be able to continue it in year 2.

Do we have to pay for the luggage we have and are there any customs checks?

If yes, then are the checks magical or just a sailor staring at your bag? If say, I had a book that was reaaally rude to people and talked real loud, would they confiscate it in the name of the Captain of Mineta or would they just decide it's none of their business seeing as they're suddenly 100 pims richer?

Would knowing the Captain influence this and if there is no way to avoid said customs, would our friendly neighbourhood pirates give us a lift? Could we just dump the luggage in another plane and then get it back later?

*cough* bribes *cough*

(It has to be done well though. None means there is a risk. Too little and they will be offended and check you - cause you just admitted you had something. Just right and they'll let you through. Too much and you MUST be hiding something that they will lose their jobs for not taking - Tough luck! This was a service announcement for people new to bribing. The right amount is of cause proportionate to your parents or your own income if you are from a known family. If you are not from a known family then it depends on your robes, so save some pim and wear the robe you have let your young nephew gut with a pair of garden sheers during summer)

*rereads the last page*

Wait, now. Lemme get this straight. So, what you're saying on skill maxes in Y2 are basically that there will be 2 limits?

Hmm... A soft limit which is raisable like we have in Y1, and a HARD limit which is set at 20?

Or are you saying that the soft skill maximum we have now will be set at 20 and furthermore items (from Y1 at least) will no longer give you a bonus to said skills once your total skill hits 20?

If it is the second case then how will passive abilities be affected by this limit of 20?

How common would it be to have the Captain investigate a crime? I mean, he must have better things to do, even if we see him in all sorts of circumstances. Would he show up for random thefts or murders or would only something as serious as magic and pirates attract his attention?

Now that I think of it, how large is the guard compared to the normal population?