Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Hehe. Thanks! ;)

Allrighty! Now I've got a doozy. My most recent character kicked serious metaphorical butt. I don't think I can top this very easily. After finding the scores and doing the tallying I got this weight adjusted grade score. Now what I'd like to know is if I'm gonna get the rug pulled out from under me in Y2 because my character did not "excel" enough. I know you said that (at least one of) the prerequisites for gaining an extra class in Y2 was having grades being probably safe "over 115 or 125+." Now is that an average or in all your classes? I'm a little shy on calligraphy (Damn Sixt!) but I did score either the absolute best or top 3 or so in that class. (too lazy to calculate the rivals') Can you pretty pretty please elaborate on this?

Calligraphy 106

Incantation 128

Glamour 124

History 118

Negation 138

Revision 158

Grade Average: 128

I Also suspect that my calculated totals are not 100% accurate for the same reasons you mentioned. I simply applied the 20/80 rule across the board. Until we've a better idea on how the grading "Distribution curves" are applied, it's nearly impossible to know for sure. :(

Well, I did the math.

Even the best possible mid score against mine, along with the best possible final against mine, I'm in the lead by a narrow 2 points. Those scores belong to different people though, so the actual lead I have against any rivals (which I'm still too lazy to calculate) is actually greater than that. I guess the Million dollar question is whether Calligraphy is one of those classes.

I can see the refusal letter now.

"We're sorry, Freespace, but even though you were the highest scoring first year student, and have a GPA that caused us to do a double take when we calculated it, we believe that you aren't smart enough to take any extra classes based on our Public Relations study graphs."

I sure hope the second prerequisite must be having high approval with Orso so he can tear the beaurocrats a new one.

I sure hope the second prerequisite must be having high approval with Orso so he can tear the beaurocrats a new one.

But what if.... Orsi's the one making this decision?

"We believe this spelling mistake clearly marks you as a creative and exceptional student. We have registered you for the brand new exclusive EXTRA Spelling class with Professor Pluiete."

I respect those who wish to spell that word correctly, but I prefer my way.

It more closely resembles their true form.

pure ol' crap. :)

(That said I may have been a bit lazy, but...)

Well, my computer caught a nasty cold and I had to back up everything on my main drive (thankfully not too much, as I planned fairly well for that contingency) Anyway I'd like to thank the Academagia team for making the save files for the game 1 single file per game, which is very quick to do from a command prompt in windows' recovery console. (In comparison, I bothered to save only my primary minecraft save because of all those annoying subdirectories.)

I'm back up for now, though. Even if I have to tame windows and reinstall everything all over again. :) I have to say though, that even though I'm just a tad too young to have really done much with DOS, I greatly prefer it's flexibility over its lobotomized descendant.

Anyway. Questions. :)

1. What happened to the prior regent of Aranaz, this Professor Strom? Did this person get kicked out publically or was there a quiet resignation? Is he still teaching?

2. Among the Y1 faculty, which have the most tenure?

3. How does the system for classing students work? I understand that the class of students the player character is in are just about 12-14. But I remember you said that one of them technically should have been in a younger class. Does this mean that said student should have had to wait a year before being accepted? Or are there multiple classes of students in different age brackets?

Freespace;

1. What happened to the prior regent of Aranaz, this Professor Strom? Did this person get kicked out publically or was there a quiet resignation? Is he still teaching?

Ah, Professor Strom. He is not teaching. That's all I can say.:)

2. Among the Y1 faculty, which have the most tenure?

Viada, I would imagine. ;)

3. How does the system for classing students work? I understand that the class of students the player character is in are just about 12-14. But I remember you said that one of them technically should have been in a younger class. Does this mean that said student should have had to wait a year before being accepted? Or are there multiple classes of students in different age brackets?

No, what I meant is that certain Subjects are taught at certain Years. So, if you want to take a Year 1 Class, you can, but your fellow Students will be younger. Outside of the game's modelling, Classes likely have an age range in them already- we just don't show upper or lower classmen.

To quote the Legate: we just don't show upper or lower classmen.

1) Does that mean 6 - 11 year olds?mellow.gif

2) For upper classmens, may I suggest one of them utter this line "My crime? It is a serious one - you see, I am too handsome to look upon."emot-crossarms.gif Or is that Catherine Chard?

3) I remember something about professors staying on campus? Where exactly would that be?

4) I am starting to wonder about the Marchant brothers. How smart are they? One is in the Fifth year, one made it to the Third year. And all three are notorious.

Thus a) They are so smart that bullying has become a pass time or B) they are rich enough that they haven't been kicked out of the school yet.

5) Who is Alice and why do we know about her tavern?

6) Do you think Nyaa the archiver is going to kill me for asking how powerful is the Legate? On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being the weakest and 100 being god-like.

Leoshi;

After Adrian's answers:

2) For upper classmens, may I suggest one of them utter this line "My crime? It is a serious one - you see, I am too handsome to look upon." Or is that Catherine Chard?

Hahaha!

3) I remember something about professors staying on campus? Where exactly would that be?

Capilutza, probably.

6) Do you think Nyaa the archiver is going to kill me for asking how powerful is the Legate? On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being the weakest and 100 being god-like.

No comment! :)

Adrian!

I know who Alice is but how did YOU know who Alice is?

Legate!

What do you mean "No comment!" Does that mean Nyaa is already a god and that ... thing has already enthralled Orsi?!

Also, anything on what inspired the collages? (Adrian's question)

Also also, the Marchant's are rich?

Also also also, Legate! Adrian is teasing me!

Adrian asked whether any real life buildings inspired the design of the various collages. I REALLY wanted to know too.

So THAT'S how Philippe got in! Now I'm feeling more depressed ... And cheered up a little since CremePudding is getting detention.tongue.gif

Leoshi;

Ah! I had a few references from the time, but these are only references- so not really the answer to Adrian's question:

"Avila campus looking vaguely like the towers of San Gimignano, at least from outside - simple, clustered fairly close together, and impressive as all get-out. The Vernin towers are much more ornamental; assume they started with something like the Tower of Pisa, and then tried to compete with it over and over again.

The other Colleges would be housed in buildings closer to the Italian baroque palaces. Morvidus' suggests the Palazzo San Giorgio in Genoa (and it's purely coincidental that the original building served as a prison for a while), Hedi's recollects the Palazzo Reale in Genoa, Godina owes a bit to the Palazzo Pubblico in Siena, Durand's hearkens to the Palazzo Madama in Turin, and Aranaz might remind one of the Palazzo di Propaganda Fide in Rome.

Basically, the Academy is hugely important and full of wizards who are generally not above showing off. The place is monumental.

Of course, it's also frequently on fire and/or being attacked by air pirates. ;)"