Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

cakel.png

Edit: although I disagree with the Vista naysayers, I understand them perfectly. The only thing I am mad about is that XP's extended life came at the expense of Vista's. The newest IE is not compatible with Vista, even though it really *should* be. Of course by forcing all the Vista users in addition to XP users into 7, it increases the odds of repeating the XP phenominon. Which I suppose is preferable to living in tablet-world...

ANYWAY, let's move on from the OS discussion. Legate! We do need some thread or other for off-topicness!

Questions.

1. Why. Is. Chocolate. Cake. ILLEGAL!? (And seriously, no penalty for just having one?)

2. Is there not some sort of way to "bribe" a professor from.. erm.. "confiscating" the cake in the future?

Well, that settles it!

If chocolate cake is outlawed, then only outlaws will have cake.

Therefore, I will have to be an outlaw to have chocolate cake.

If I will be an outlaw after I have chocolate cake...

Then it's expected that I would learn forbidden magics, as I'm an outlaw anyway.

Way to go Legate, all of you just turned me to the dark [chocolate] side! I hope you're happy! :(

Edit: Legate, This is Pure Distilled GENIUS!!

You have GOT to setup a Mastery circle. (maybe not a full academy, but whatever) This circle shall have a front as a cake shop, and the secret password would be "I'm looking for something with a little chocolate" The guy at the counter should then say something about chocolate cake being illegal and then, you say the second password: "What about dark chocolate, then?"

What'd I say? F'n GENIUS!

Let me know if you want to use that idea, because if you don't, I'll use it. That inspiration hit me harder than Mr. Pebbles himself! (And Pebbles is notoriously hard, by the way!)

*Sigh*

Actually, though I have yet to start on it, (I've been mostly brainstorming while trying to finish a manga chapter coloring project of mine) The way I see it, the "Chocolate Cake Club", or CCC for short, will have a very secretive air about it. Naturally this is because they're Mastery users, (Gates is not appreciated there, it's too risky and flashy.) but anybody who digs and skulks about will only really see that they like chocolate cake. Most people will come to the wrong conclusion and think that the reason for all the secrecy is because chocolate cake is illegal, but.... that is... a LIE!!!! ;)

That's all I'm willing to share until I actually start writing it. I will also tell you I can see it progress down the path to far more sinister things in future years. It's quite funny, as I myself am not really pro-Mastery, but writing stories about the illegal arts do seem much more fun.

Thanks for the very fast answear :). I asked because I remember that it was unclear some time ago.

Your Exam Score will transfer, but it looks like 125+ is lumped into one category, so you need to go way over the top unless you just want the bragging rights. We may put in a minor easter egg for you over achievers, though. :)

So its not important if one is the best in a class instead its "enough" to get to 125+ calculating (Mid Term Exam *(100-Final Wight) + End Term Exam * Final Wight)/100?

Maybe I should put a Note for all my backed up chars for this score ^^.

Distribution, Hybrid Distribution, Curve, Hybrid Curve and the old reliable pass/not pass. It matters for those with a curve doesn't it? Do we get special benefits for 125+ besides the special class and mentoring? Of course, if we destroy the grading curve can we expect a healthy dose of antagonizing from our fellow students?

if we destroy the grading curve can we expect a healthy dose of antagonizing from our fellow students?

All I have to say on this, is if I don't get the chance to put Basia Rydz in her place, (beneath me on the pecking order, preferably as humiliating as possible) bad things will happen. If the lesser students get crushed by the grading curve in the middle of the clash, well, they should have tried harder.

Actually, that brings up a good point. Y1 doesn't have expulsions and Y2 is forgiving to a player character with poor grades, but will NPCs be kicked out at the beginning of Y2 if they had bad grades?

She's usually not *the* top in my game, but is pretty consistently near it. No matter what though, she's going to gun for whoever happens to be No 1. I can understand if she'd be frustrated for not being the best, but if she thinks she's going to dethrone me in some bitter attempt at self-satisfaction and revenge for her own shortcomings, She's going to see first-hand why making an enemy of me is a bad idea. I'll defeat her in a duel, and make her carry my books to all my classes! B)

AND if she doesn't accept that with grace and dignity I'll come up with something far worse! HAhahaha! :lol:

Of course if she simply bows out of the race then there's no need for humiliation. I'm cool that way! (Like that'll happen. ;))

And I do agree that certain students having out of character moments is hilarious.