Black Chicken Studios Forums

Graphics problem (the DPI thing)

jaolhe

Hi,

I recently bought this wonderful game but have been plagued by the garbled text issue, that has been described in a couple of threads before, like here:

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1053

The DPI issue is most irritating, I have poor vision and must use resolution 1920*1080 for clearness and desktop at DPI 125% for large enough fonts to read. Is there another fix than the impossible (for me) DPI to 100% change available or coming in next patches? Every other Windows program and game works without problems with 125% DPI...

Regards, icarium

Icarium;

I would love to tell you that we have a DPI fix coming, but unfortunately we have tried to allow 125% natively and it is out of scope for the engine. I do not think we'll have a change to implement this until Year 2, when we alter the UI wholly.

For readability, however, we did implement the ability to dynamically scale story and some tab fonts- if you aren't aware, press +/- on your keyboard to increase/decrease font size in those areas. This means, unfortunately, that you must set 100% DPI to play the game.

Hope that helps, and enjoy the game!

Thats's sad :) Thanks for trying anyway! BTW do you know if there is any way to alter the DPI just for Academagia in Win7? Under the compatibilty properties of the shortcut there is an option 'disable display scaling when on high DPI setting'. Unfortunately checking that option doesn't affect the game (or the problem) in any way. If the DPI could be changed on the fly that could perhaps be tolerable but the requirement to sign out every time to play the game and then sign out again before doing something else is very tedious...

Archived