Black Chicken Studios Forums

Skill roll v 17

Musca

After applying the Riddle of the Queen DLC, I've noticed the Block puzzle is now an ability. The problem is, it looks like solving it is nearly impossible if I understand skill rolls correctly. It says it uses a Luck/Puzzles roll v. 17...so if you had puzzles at 10 and luck at 3 it would still be impossible? You absolutely have to have luck at 4 or above, and it's still a very low chance?

Don't get me wrong, the room is still useful with the puzzles/dedication increase, but I wanted to make sure I had that right.

Edit: Yes I realize I'm posting allot. What can I say, this game is fun and appeals to my nerdy captain skill-check nature in tabletop games.

Using stress bonuses... Fitness levels... hmm! That's an idea. Cast several 'Cleanse and Remakes' and then use the briefly very high Fitness to burn a ton of stress into a difficult action. Would this work?

Using stress bonuses... Fitness levels... hmm! That's an idea. Cast several 'Cleanse and Remakes' and then use the briefly very high Fitness to burn a ton of stress into a difficult action. Would this work?

Strangly, with a Luck score of 8 and a puzzle skill of 10 (to which a bonus of +1 to solving the block puzzle has been added at level 10) I still cant solve the block puzzle. At least I get no message whatsover telling me that I did solve it.

Strangly, with a Luck score of 8 and a puzzle skill of 10 (to which a bonus of +1 to solving the block puzzle has been added at level 10) I still cant solve the block puzzle. At least I get no message whatsover telling me that I did solve it.

Bad roll. Your luck roll would've been RANDOM(1:8)*2, so you must've rolled a 1-3.

Indeed, familiars can help. If your familiar had Puzzles at 10, you would have a +5 to all your own Puzzles rolls!

Unfortunately, it can be such a bother training familiars that this doesn't really come up easily or often.

I personal think Improved Familiar Handling is enough if you have the SS to get all 4 improvments. Because then its nearly like a 2 SS improvment on you char.

I usualy put 1 of the 4 slots for a Bound SS and the 3 other each for 1 SS from a Skill to get the Skill up. But be carfull the SS cant be higher then your bound +1.

...yeah, that's is why I don't bother with it in year one and won't recommend it to newbie.

It's the only thing that got me through a couple of adventures. It can certainly be worth training the bond skills at least up to 4, especially with the spell Dremarian is talking about.

As a side note, is the starting choice of "Town and Familiar" broken? It didn't seem to boost my bond.

Archived