Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bully

Golondrinka

What can I do with a bully to make him leave me alone?

I somehow managed to get a personal enemy.

Joanna Lio y Rossollo bullies me every day. I accumulate stress point so fast that I have to rest every week, playing or helping in stables doesn't help anymore.

Is there a way to distract her from me? (find her a new target perhaps?)

Joanna Lio y Rossollo

Ouch, you gotten the worst bully in the whole school. I suggest you raise relationship with her to reduce the bullying or duel and beat her to put a magically geas that prevent her from using any hostile action on your for the whole year.

I would just start a new game if you are not too far into the game.

Raising relationship didn't work.

I spent whole week encouraging her, getting relationships from -10 to -2 and next day shi is bullying me again. :angry:

Yeah, is not that easy, a couple of factors to consider too, maybe she is 0+ relationship with everyone else, or you are the weakest looking out of the bully list, etc.

Again, relationship just reduce the occurrence, not likely to stop it.

I've had her bully me once at 1, so you may need to get to 1 or higher. My current character is a noble-born plotter just looking for a way to use gates or mastery to make her life a living hell. I have to admit I can't wait to find some way to ruin her completely.

My characters are usually weak in the social skills, so if you have good incantation skills, you can make her life more of a hell than she makes yours. Casting Wrath of the Comet 3x a day on her will stop her for a while. For extra points, I made sure to do it right before she took an exam.

With good revision skills, you could cast Negative Alteration of organic matter (I think that's the name) to both set her bully skill to zero (for a week, iirc) and give her 5 points of damage.

There's also a spell that isn't quite considered mastery yet manages to force its target to study for all three actions in a day.

Also, you can make it harder for her to succeed by raising your own bully skill (the bully action is a contested roll) and strength attribute. Raising your fitness to 8 or so will give you enough stress points not to notice even when she bullies and casts Nervi on you. (You'll probably still want to rest once a month or so).

As long as your relationship is zero or lower, I believe, you're on the potential target list.

Good for you!

Though it would be hard to bully her, since your ability to resist bullying is partially based on your own bully skill. It could be done, just not sure it's worth the effort.

No, nothing works on her.

She keeps bullying me even after I bullied her a couple of times. What's worse, she started using ugly spells on me, and I cannot understand how she can do them so good if the only skills she knows well are Athletics and Bully.

What should I do to be able to duel her?

Looks like we are almost friends now: as soon as she bullies me, I batter and hamper her. And she never stops! I guess she likes being battered. :rolleyes:

School year is almost at its end. At least it wasn't boring with Joanna around, and she definitely encouraged me to study in unusual direction.

In order to duel, you need to declare a Vendetta against her. If I recall, the Vendetta action is unlocked via increasing schoolyard education (level 8?). Once the Vendetta is declared, you'll have a new adventure option to duel.

Thanks, Torolf, I would never figured that out by myself. :wacko:

I dueled Joanna and beat her up! Mostly by battering and punching. Mostly during the first round. Each of my Batter selections took only 0.25 of the action. Cool!

I got absolutely confused at what phemes to bind, and after selecting a couple of phemes prepared for specific spell, I didn't have that spell as a choice of action.

Well, it's been many patches since I've dueled, but it was while dueling that I realized that just because you know a spell, doesn't mean that you know all the phemes you need to cast it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, been there, done that. Say hello to my little friend, Feign Emotion. decent charm and acting, and poof! She goes away (though you have to re-use the action every month or so). Since I find social actions to be extremely useful, I unlocked this one quickly enough, but I think everyone can do it, as long as you raise your acting a bit. Also, high fitness, which is always useful, means you can basically shrug her off, but I suppose not everyone are athletically inclined...

Archived