Black Chicken Studios Forums

Similar Games

reckonersr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1586960/Cute_Bite/
Cute Bite have a page at steam and the planed release appears to be Fall 2021. Sound like a other interesting game from Hanako, this time about raising a Vampire "child".

Even though I find vampires to be uninteresting, I backed the game because I love raising sims.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been playing Spire of Sorcery's demo, and I am very disappointed by it. The setting and the premise are fascinating - reminiscent of the Schohanwicht - but the game play is terrible. Characters are randomly generated, and casting spells is an unpleasant and tedious mixture of a card game and Academagia's pheme-based magic. Still, it has potential and it gives a fascinating narrative/game-based justification for allowing multiple mages to co-operate in one spell.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:28 PM, Ascartand said:

Learned why Witchbrook didn't had any news for so long:

"It was originally in another programing language but the only programer they had that knew it left so they had to recode it. They focused on Wargroove for a while when that happened and then started to recode witchbrook. They didn't expect to be starting over when they announced witchbrook."

(had posted this first in a PM but today I saw this posting from Ascartad again so I thought I also post it here)

• 2 months later...

Hello, an occasional lurker here, together with you on the (most likely) neverending wait for the 2nd Year of Academagia.

I recently found a nice indie RPG magic school game in the making, the quite sizeable demo of which is on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1377710/Lawmage_Academy/. I thought that I'd share since I noticed it's not mentioned in this thread (it's pretty much what I made the account for lol).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Bah! Obviously so little time right now, but... argh... want to play. :)

Despite that I don't have the time now I got me the game at the 10% rebate because it was the only one missing from the Yuri Bundle and so I also got this rebate ^^.  Also the Lawmage Academy looks promissing.

Currently my main game is https://store.steampowered.com/app/1468810/_Tale_of_Immortal/ that allow one to play an new Cultivator what might interest some other people here as well. Just be warned ahead it have an action combat and the Char Gen need many reroll to get a good character

15 hours ago, Vetinari said:

Hello, an occasional lurker here, together with you on the (most likely) neverending wait for the 2nd Year of Academagia.

I recently found a nice indie RPG magic school game in the making, the quite sizeable demo of which is on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1377710/Lawmage_Academy/. I thought that I'd share since I noticed it's not mentioned in this thread (it's pretty much what I made the account for lol).

Thank you for this recommendation. It looks interesting - but I would have ignored it but for your recommendation.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Rhialto said:

There is a new life-simulation game entitled "Growing Up" that seems interesting - it covers a life from beginning to end and is being cross-promoted with "Chinese Parents".

So, I was wrong. "Growing Up" only covers life until 18, but is essentially an improved and Americanized remake of "Chinese Parents".

10 hours ago, Rhialto said:

So, I was wrong. "Growing Up" only covers life until 18, but is essentially an improved and Americanized remake of "Chinese Parents".

If not for the bugs that some player have with 2 mini games of "Chinese Parents" I would say this is the better game then "Growing Up" especial when it comes to replay value. Not only have Chinese Parents more different mini games, IMHO it also allow a better control what Job and Partner you end up.

Also a warning Growing Up appears to force gay relationship up to the player character, at last all 4 times I had a male character it ended in a gay relationship. Of the 3 "romance" choices you get I got at max 1 of the opposite gender so far in the 5 rounds I played. Also it appears that you need to have to answer all questions correct to end in marry one of the 4 choices instead of a random one with little or no hint what the "right" answers would be.

Looks like Growing up only have 3 characters to choose for romance per playthrough, assigned at random. 

My first character was a guy and i had only just 1 girl and 2 guys to choose, picked no one, married a random woman. My first daughter play i also did not choose anyone, so she also ended up with another woman.

Npc wise Alexandra was like Prudence, which was cool, the whole tomboy part and the Alex/Pru name thing.

I liked Chinese parents better, it has the bonus stats that passes to the next generation, the job that influences your allowance, more choices to romance etc, but i still want to play Growing up a few more times and thanks for sharing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...