Black Chicken Studios Forums

Similar Games

reckonersr

I'm planning a Strixhaven 5e campaign. Despite the magic school setting, the official adventure that just came out isn't very similar as written, but I'm very excited for this homebrew. 

Among a lot of other tweaks, I'm planning to age up the Academagia class for background NPCs. Minimal extra work for me, for NPCs that I'm already familiar with and can easily figure out how to use them in a scene.

(If anyone's familiar with Magic: The Gathering and has thoughts on colleges or colors for their favorite characters, let me know!)

10 minutes ago, Good Coyote said:

I'm planning a Strixhaven 5e campaign. Despite the magic school setting, the official adventure that just came out isn't very similar as written, but I'm very excited for this homebrew. 

Among a lot of other tweaks, I'm planning to age up the Academagia class for background NPCs. Minimal extra work for me, for NPCs that I'm already familiar with and can easily figure out how to use them in a scene.

(If anyone's familiar with Magic: The Gathering and has thoughts on colleges or colors for their favorite characters, let me know!)

I'm unsure what you intent with your posting. Are you looking for players or just suggesting this book as it might interesting for Academagia players?

If the first then you should also point out where you plan to run it (i.e. IRC, Discord or one of the many RPG / Tabeltop tools) and at what time frame. 

5 hours ago, Good Coyote said:

For what it is worth Strixhaven can also be played on Steam through the Fantasy Grounds program.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/695600/This_Grand_Life/ 

looks like an interesting live Sim. The start is a bit confusing to find out where you find what at the map. Also the weekly time system where you have 112h to spend each week make you repeat many possible actions multiple times (i.e. a "Full time" job is 20h each call)

So, I have discovered a very fun game named "Heads Will Roll". It is basically a schedule-management game, set during the Hundred Years' War, with combat that is a fusion of "Legionary's Life" and "Battle Brothers" - but with a more interesting story/quest system than both games that has what I think to be interesting alternative history (involving, of all events, the Siege of Cambrai in 1339). It also has 8 romance options (all female), for those who care about such things.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ShiningCity said:

For people who are interested, in roughly 2014 after dropping my work on an open source Majesty1+++ project I started working on a commercial game I had been thinking about a little before I bought Academagia but had put off due to lack of time/programming capability.

Maybe you post again when you hit Early Access and once more once you reach release.

6 hours ago, Metis said:

I've heard of worse marketing strategies :rolleyes:.

Well the marketing trade off is the 10 people who still post here will probably see it somewhere else anyways. Whereas the emotional value of telling some piece of shit off is very high, for me personally especially if I am in a bad mood for unrelated reasons.

I accept any and all consequences of my actions in this case because it is worth it.

No one forced him to be an asshole, that is just who he is.

That seems to be a questionable long-term strategy, and who's to say he meant it like that anyway? Maybe it's just me, but I read that as a "I'm interested enough to ask you to remind me again when the project is in a playable state 10 months from now", not "come back when you've got something substantial to show".

10 minutes ago, ShiningCity said:

Well the marketing trade off is the 10 people who still post here will probably see it somewhere else anyways. Whereas the emotional value of telling some piece of shit off is very high, for me personally especially if I am in a bad mood for unrelated reasons.

I accept any and all consequences of my actions in this case because it is worth it.

No one forced him to be an asshole, that is just who he is.

With all due respect, when one is developing an obscure and intricate game, even 10 people who play and enjoy a similar game can be valuable resources - especially for only 2 minutes of free writing. I did not think that @Schwarzbart was an asshole when he recommended "Maybe you post again when you hit Early Access and once more once you reach release." Rather, he was just giving a suggestion about what i think to be an interesting game.