Black Chicken Studios Forums

Similar Games

reckonersr

5 hours ago, ShiningCity said:

Well the marketing trade off is the 10 people who still post here will probably see it somewhere else anyways. Whereas the emotional value of telling some piece of shit off is very high, for me personally especially if I am in a bad mood for unrelated reasons.

I accept any and all consequences of my actions in this case because it is worth it.

No one forced him to be an asshole, that is just who he is.

Huh? Why is my suggestion to post once again when the game reach the milestone of pre release and release make me an asshole? First of all your right currently there not many watching this forum but it get many more once Academagia Year2 is out. Also I think you complet miss the point here that even if a game sound interesting there way to many games that get promoted before this 2  milestones that never make it or complet change the focus. Do you remember the time when we could vote on games that they make it into the steam store? Guess what, I put the games I voted for on my wishlist but of them 2 made it with the pinch they once had, 6 now have a complet different for me uninteresting game focus and ~15 still not even have a demo or a public pre release till today. Or take Kickstarter around half of the games I backed there never made it. And yet you expect people to remember a pinch you post at a forum thread for many years and regular look if there is some actual playable game behind by now? The sad truth is no matter how many thousands of man hour you put into developing something unless you manage to release it to the market its worth nothing more then a dream for you and the potential customer.

Edit: At last for me the experience have told me the greater the pinch of a game sound for me the smaller the chance that an unproven Indie studio actual manage to get it to an release and even if they release something its different from the original promise. To my knowledge even for the big Publisher there every game they release have to finance at last 1 other game that never make it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1741640/Shadows_of_Forbidden_Gods/ not really a similar game but I think this God game variant could be interesting to some player here. Be warned it is still Early Access.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-rally-point-shadows-of-forbidden-gods-exhibits-the-power-of-evil-chaos-theory Is a gaming news article about this game that got quite long.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/ if I'm not wrong they have a new trailer compared to when I linked it last time. Winter 2022 is still some Months to wait for it. Suspect it still earlier then Academagia Y2.

Ugh, it will probably feature realtime combat at which I suck - and its setting will probably be as bizarrely inconsistent as Rowling's world is - wherein dark magic is never defined! Still, it tempts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 11:42 PM, Rhialto said:

So, two new games were released today that may be interesting: 中国式家长/Chinese Parents in its English version, and Mittelborg: City of Mages.

For Chinese Parents the 2.0.0.0 Update finally fixed the minigame bugs plagued player using the English language.

Edit: Ohh and with this new version you can set the behaviour of your parents at the 2nd generation and later by answering some questions right after the birth.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the game "Citizen Sleeper", which combines the schedule management of "Academagia", the game mechanics structure of "Fallen London" (but with no delays or freemium content), and a story similar to "Planescape: Torment" (but science fiction and of lower quality - but still great!).

• 3 weeks later...

"BOOK OF HOURS" sounds like a game in which Uliva Valaresso or Sima Venesico would fit right in. The description: BOOK OF HOURS is an elegant, melancholy, combat-free RPG set in an occult library, from the makers of BAFTA-nominated Cultist Simulator and the creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea.

Shutter the windows against the sea. Bank the fire against the cold. Listen to the rain rattle on the roof, while you slide books one by one into their ancient nests. For five centuries, the library of Hush House was a fortress of knowledge... until the fire. The collection is ruined, and the Librarian is dead. Your unique talents make you fit to rebuild the collection.

ACQUIRE occult books, by purchase or more underhand means, and STUDY them to solve the setting's mysteries. RESTORE books to address the ravages of time, or PURIFY them to remove their curses and shadowy taints. Enjoy the sweet peace of indexing and cataloguing books to the order you desire, building a library to be proud of, while you defend it against storm, fire, theft and the occasional theoplasmic assault.

And GUIDE the visitors who come seeking your assistance, to choose their paths and stories. Give one uncanny seeker the knowledge they need to rob a tomb; sabotage another's intrigues; or convince a third to stay home with a nice book of poetry. The Librarian's influence extends far beyond the walls of Hush House... and it's up to you to determine how history is written.

BOOK OF HOURS is a rich, non-linear story about the terror and majesty of books, and about alphabetical order.

• 2 months later...

"Noblesse Oblige", by Hannah Powell-Smith, sounds quite interesting. I loved her Crème de la Crème game.

Noblesse Oblige: a Crème de la Crème Adventure is a 140,000-word interactive Gothic romance novella by Hannah Powell-Smith, a standalone story in the Crème de la Crème universe. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

On a windswept island, far from the mild shores of Westerlin, stands the estate that is your new home. You have been hired to work as a conversation partner for a lonely aristocrat. It is a profitable opportunity, and your impoverished upbringing and middling university education leave you few others.

But secrets lurk in every darkened corridor, and nothing is what it seems. Why does your charge go wandering in the middle of the night, haunted and mourning? What does the charming new secretary seek to uncover? Why is your elderly employer so intent on keeping outsiders from prying into the family's business?

Attend grand balls, ride through fast-paced fox hunts, spend jovial evenings with the servants, teach diligent lessons to your charge, and observe—or take part in—this northern land’s religious rituals. Meanwhile, there are webs of deceit for you to unravel, and deep mysteries to explore. When you reach the end, will you bring justice to those who deserve it, or keep their secrets buried forever?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did play Two Point Academy for a while now and effective it is your typical building game.

Personal I think it makes fun to play either the campaign or the Sandbox once while learning how things working
and there is a lot to learn. Sadly, it already becomes quite repetitive during the 4 years of sandbox I played.
Before the start of a new year, you have to decide if you want to expand your current areas of teaching, 
add a new course or change nothing. Each new course or expansion of an existing one requires you to increase
the teaching rooms and teachers by a fixed number for 2 or 3 years in follow, depending on how many years
the course has. Over the year you might need to adjust the personal you have, build new rooms,
change what is in the rooms or outdoors depend on wishes, goals you get to reach and what you want to build.