Black Chicken Studios Forums

Similar Games

reckonersr

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2011 at 7:01 AM, Mikka said:

All that said and done, though, when it comes to games that a player of Academagia may like, there is one game I must recommend. Similar Victorian delight (if a bit less with the steampunk), similar brilliant characters, similar hard decisions... the only sad part is that it requires either twitter or facebook. If you do have them, though, I must implore you to take a visit to Fallen London, delicious friends.

You'll stay at the bazaar will be lovely, I'm certain. ❤️

Fallen London might be a interesting game but effective the Action Point system that only slowly refresh your action over time make this game uninteresting to play in the long run. It might be a good game if you play it during short train trips where the action point have time to refresh till the next trip but when the 20 or 40 Action point you maximum can have are used up you either have to pay money or wait 10 Minute to continue. At last for me there more enough other games waiting that I play them that I'm not willing to pay tons of money for a game that is a semi single player game. Sure It have some interaction with other player but they apparently only work when the other player react to the  action of the other player within a short time … and yes it cost both player action points.

Fallen London is more of an ongoing CYOA with plenty of padding than a game, so once you run out of free content it runs purely on the strength of its universe (paid stories, Sunless Sea/Skies, etc) and the (hopefully) charming community.

I am fairly certain player interactions work even if you reply to them several years later, but they aren't that interesting by themselves until recently, and even then it still leans on both parties putting the effort in to RP.

The Scroll of Taiwu! Of course Nyaa is already doing a LP of it ?

It's probably the most depraved game I have seen so far, though, both on NPC and player behaviors. It is a Wuxia game on the surface, with elegant Chinese prose and full of wholesome inane life skills (no Greengrocery and Drive Carriage, but close enough), but NPC tends to enjoy autonomous crime, adultery, incest, graverobbing, while the player quickly degenerates into being a bodysurfing horror that eyeball anything as their next prospective suits of flesh.

There's already horror stories where a player poisoned a friend, tracked down the friend's reincarnation, adopted the friend, gave the friend plenty of support and sent them to be a Shaolin monk, only to poison the friend once again when they became a famous monk, tracked down the reincarnated kid once again for the grand finale of hijacking a body with some measly Kung Fu that get stronger based on the karma of previous life.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, CremePudding said:

Fallen London is more of an ongoing CYOA with plenty of padding than a game, so once you run out of free content it runs purely on the strength of its universe (paid stories, Sunless Sea/Skies, etc) and the (hopefully) charming community.

I am fairly certain player interactions work even if you reply to them several years later, but they aren't that interesting by themselves until recently, and even then it still leans on both parties putting the effort in to RP.

The Scroll of Taiwu! Of course Nyaa is already doing a LP of it ?

It's probably the most depraved game I have seen so far, though, both on NPC and player behaviors. It is a Wuxia game on the surface, with elegant Chinese prose and full of wholesome inane life skills (no Greengrocery and Drive Carriage, but close enough), but NPC tends to enjoy autonomous crime, adultery, incest, graverobbing, while the player quickly degenerates into being a bodysurfing horror that eyeball anything as their next prospective suits of flesh.

There's already horror stories where a player poisoned a friend, tracked down the friend's reincarnation, adopted the friend, gave the friend plenty of support and sent them to be a Shaolin monk, only to poison the friend once again when they became a famous monk, tracked down the reincarnated kid once again for the grand finale of hijacking a body with some measly Kung Fu that get stronger based on the karma of previous life.

There is a translation at "over 90%" for The Scroll of Taiwu over at Discord.  https://discord.gg/nMSzuxa  (Permanent invite to this discord)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

started to play The Scroll of Taiwu and its a great combination of RPG with city builder game as far I can say after 4 ingame years.

Its except for the combat and 1 other mini game complete turn-based. (might be that there more mini games hidden that I just didn't see so far)

Sadly this natural put a stop on my adventure writing -.-'

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

started to play The Scroll of Taiwu and its a great combination of RPG with city builder game as far I can say after 4 ingame years.

Its except for the combat and 1 other mini game complete turn-based. (might be that there more mini games hidden that I just didn't see so far)

So is it now playable in English? And is it easy to avoid combat?

The fan translation linked above is far from perfect and for some things the UI probably have to give more place or a mouse over. But with some thinking and experimenting its playable now in English. I started before the last fixes and actual the tutorial is where the fan translation was (is?) most lacking.

One important thing I had to find out my self was that the game only save right at the change of the month  and that is the only save you have.

A other small tip for The Scroll of Taiwu:

In city build mode keep in mind that some of the advance building need to be placed next to your training hall or next to a production building. (Check out at your character under art the second screen the yellow house like icons you see when scrolling in)

• 2 months later...

Well, I played some of Magical Diary: Wolf Hall, and the story telling style is different and the gameplay style is inferior. Certainly, there are dungeons in which characters can test their spells, but player advancement is much slower and less varied in options, has a very frustrating tendency to fail for no apparent reason, and all choices in terms of classes and equipment can only be made at the beginning of a week.

7 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

Also not really similar but could be interesting to some of us

https://kotaku.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-is-getting-a-sequel-1833479366

I am kinda excited for that. I have heard that you play as a thinblood that eventually join a clan.