Black Chicken Studios Forums

Similar Games

reckonersr

• 3 weeks later...

For people that love VN with a male main character at a academy setting that also have a romance with different girls going  ACE Academy might be worth a look.

Sure its not really a similar game but the story kept me going to play this game in 1 day (Steam say I had it running for ~10h when I was done with the 1st playthrough).

Downside is that the game use a timer to force a fast answer at some points, especial during the combat. Lucky you just can scroll back or load a previous save to undo a bad choice.

I only did the Yuuna route so far and with the different female character other routes are possible so there might be a replay value,

but keep in mind that some of the girls have a boyfriend according to the story.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In addition to the already mentioned Hero-U, the Quest for Glory devs are right now having a Kickstarter for the sequel/prequel called Summer Daze at Hero-U.

It's 80%, and ends in 60 hours as of writing this.

This around time it's a little bit different game, you don't have 3D enviroments but only move around via map/menus, similar to Academagia (well, the latter doesn't have a map).
You have two playable protagonists, a Wizard and a Rogue (guess who is which:)), each with different dialogue, and it's more of a sandbox/simulation adventure game with light RPG mechanics - you have a number of locations you can visit and it's up to you where you go and whom do you talk to, and you choose which of your skills you want to train every day, which I'm guessing will allow you to solve puzzles and issues differently, due to skill checks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/summer-daze-at-hero-u

• 4 weeks later...

A game very similar to Academagia, but with no magic (apparently).

Crème de la Crème

by Hannah Powell-Smith

Gallatin College is a "finishing school" where young people must learn social graces, surrounded by their high-class peers. When your parents fall into disgrace, the rest of high society rejects them. It's up to you to enroll at Gallatin, to secure your future and restore the family's good name.

At Gallatin, you'll dance with royalty, impress decorated officers, and perfect your etiquette. What will you prioritize: a spotless reputation, a prestigious social network, or a pristine report card–and who will you backstab to achieve it? Your year in this sparkling, brittle world is about to begin. But are you a rake soaked in scandal, or a perfectly proper socialite? Sneaking out of class or polishing your ballroom dancing, either way: the road to high society starts here!

https://www.choiceofgames.com/creme-de-la-creme/

2 hours ago, Rhialto said:

A game very similar to Academagia, but with no magic (apparently).

Crème de la Crème

by Hannah Powell-Smith

Gallatin College is a "finishing school" where young people must learn social graces, surrounded by their high-class peers. When your parents fall into disgrace, the rest of high society rejects them. It's up to you to enroll at Gallatin, to secure your future and restore the family's good name.

At Gallatin, you'll dance with royalty, impress decorated officers, and perfect your etiquette. What will you prioritize: a spotless reputation, a prestigious social network, or a pristine report card–and who will you backstab to achieve it? Your year in this sparkling, brittle world is about to begin. But are you a rake soaked in scandal, or a perfectly proper socialite? Sneaking out of class or polishing your ballroom dancing, either way: the road to high society starts here!

https://www.choiceofgames.com/creme-de-la-creme/

Hmmm, I may take a look at it. Though Choice of Games tend to disappoint me, however the word count is encouraging as I find that 300,000+ word stories tend to better.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, Ascartand said:

Hmmm, I may take a look at it. Though Choice of Games tend to disappoint me, however the word count is encouraging as I find that 300,000+ word stories tend to better.

@Ascartand: Please do - there is a character in this game who puts my in mind of Academagia's Oriabel Sidot, in a good way.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, Rhialto said:

@Ascartand: Please do - there is a character in this game who puts my in mind of Academagia's Oriabel Sidot, in a good way.

So I have played the game and to my surprise, I enjoyed it quite well. Well enough that I have already gone through multiple playthroughs. Have you played it? If you did, what was your favorite route to do?

• Like 1