Black Chicken Studios Forums

Game crashes upon startup - XP

tapsyhapsy

I have two PCs, one old desktop running XP32 and my new laptop running Windows 7-64.

The game runs fine on Windows 7-64, but won't even start on XP32.

The first error I got was "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled."

I have reinstalled .NET 3.5, 3.5SP1, 4.0.

Upon the installation of 4.0 I have progressed to seeing the loading screen for the first time, and a new error message: "System error occurred. Application will be terminated." Once I heard the music, too.

I've disabled virtually all background processes including but not limited to Firewall and antivirus.

Tapsyhapsy;

First of all: great name! :)

If you have taken the steps outlined in your post (especially 3.5SP1), then the next thing to try is to make sure that you have Administrator rights on your XP account. You will need to run the game as Admin. Please verify that you have these rights, and let me know.

In the mean time, I hope you can enjoy the game on 7.

Thanks!

Tapsyhapsy;

First of all: great name! :)

If you have taken the steps outlined in your post (especially 3.5SP1), then the next thing to try is to make sure that you have Administrator rights on your XP account. You will need to run the game as Admin. Please verify that you have these rights, and let me know.

In the mean time, I hope you can enjoy the game on 7.

Thanks!

I assure you that I have administrator privileges.

I have exactly the same problem as Tapsyhapsy, meaning, that I'm running on XP, have upgraded/reinstalled virtually all .Net Frameworks in existance and have admin rights.

The error that I get is "System error occurred. Application will be terminated."

I don't really know if there's a difference, but I have the Impulse version.

same problem,,,and you PMed the other guys now i cant read wat the solution is :(

I have dot net 3.5 installed

I try to run as administrator but it say it cant because i have not entered the password,,,well i never did have any password for the administrator account,,i left it blank.plus as far as i remember Academagia used to run without having to do this administrator part,,,

help me out if you have any other solution

EDIT,,,i have dot net 3.5 but somewhere i read you said dotnet 3.5 sp1

so well i am installing dotnet 4 now maybe that will help,,Fingers crossed :s

Sabreking;

I pmed them additional steps to take, but it's different for each Player. ;)

In your particular case, if the issue is that Academagia used to run, but now you cannot run it, it's almost certain that you originally played an early version of the game. The early versions had an issue with the cache. You will need to do this:

1) Navigate to your Academagia\Mods folder and delete the GCC folder present, if any.

2) Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Academagia and delete the Cache folder present.

3) Download the latest patch and run the exe: AMTempFilesCleaner.exe.

...assuming it was a caching issue, that will solve it for you.

If not, let me know. :)

Still the same :( did everything you said, :(

EDIT,,,i just noticed that dotnet 3.5 Sp1 is 231 mb while dotnet 4 is something like 50 mb,,,

so well downloading 2.5 sp1 then maybe that will solve the problem :S lets see

Edit,,, IT worked :( this is out right rediculus 3.5 sp1 > 4 ???? what the hell,,,,but still it worked thanks a lot for your help :)

Archived