Black Chicken Studios Forums

What sort of new students do you expect for next year?

BurntBread

Now now Exfides! Joana is still in the school, and she is likely the most malicious thing in Mineta!

Concering Sirens and mer-stuff, I suspect that their low numbers has something to do with the fact that we are on floating islands. The vast amount of water associated with easy breeding isn't so handy here. <_<

Still, I imagine that a siren would get high grades in Music :P

I beg to differ. Phillipe gives Joana a run for her money for that title (and this being Joana, she probably would run in and beat him up - or, in the random event, gives him a kiss that knocks him out). :P He's been a pest in all the games (Joana not as often, heh, especially when I have Emilia P in my clique). :D

Mer-stuff... I can see there being lots of mermaids, but not many that we meet. Which would make meeting one a great honor! Someone should write an adventure on that!

BUT WE CAN STILL HAS SIRENS? :D

5692406781_590979fe46.jpg

This seems to be the case at hand.

Actually that sounds like quite a bit like the Dungeons and Dragons concept of Ogres. Most were dumb brutes that were violent and cruel, others (usually considered a separate species) were intelligent spell casters, as well as violent and cruel. Again, I would rather Academagia establish its own still rather than closely imitate another fictional milieu (especially one so popular and identifiable as D&D). In any case, it's unlikely that a character from such a malicious race would last a student in Academagia, even if they were magically adept. :P

Well, I suppose they can be rare, dumb, loyal war puppies heavy artillery for in Our Socks! OURSOCKS!! OURSOUK!!! aka the we-know-little-about enemy side of world.

But really...any kind of non-human would be fun enough to begin with.

MUFFIN MAN STUDENT

Maybe there is a Stundent from Alberdine in the future ^^. At last this in one of the more unique races the team have put into the game so fare and because there are at last some diplomatic relationships and they are not to different from us its a posibility.

(You can meet one of them in on of the Vernin only Adventures)

I beg to differ. Phillipe gives Joana a run for her money for that title (and this being Joana, she probably would run in and beat him up - or, in the random event, gives him a kiss that knocks him out). :P He's been a pest in all the games (Joana not as often, heh, especially when I have Emilia P in my clique). :D

I'd also like to add that neither Phillipe nor Joana eat human flesh, that seems to be a common practice of Ogres in many different works of fiction and folklore. ;)

Mer-stuff... I can see there being lots of mermaids, but not many that we meet. Which would make meeting one a great honor! Someone should write an adventure on that!

BUT WE CAN STILL HAS SIRENS? :D

I don't see a problem with that. Provided these Sirens or Mer-folk aren't strictly marine and can live in fresh water, and there are some precedents for that (note that in the first known mermaid story in the Near East, the female divinity in question jumped into a lake and became half fish). While I don't see any lakes the size of the Great Lakes on the map of Elumia, this doesn't rule-out have at least some sizable lakes (i.e. a few or more miles of shoreline, with a mean depth of over 100 ft). Also there some other floating islands outside of Elumia proper. One of these could be dominated by a large lake, like some sort of ancient crater that filled with water long before it and the land surrounding it was ripped from the surface.

In any case, I do agree any mer-folk would have to be rather rare, but still possible.

Living in small lakes would make them easy targets for poachers or the likes though. Aaanywho, enough of that!

I'd like to see hampypholog! A mix of groundhog, python, tree and harpyr. Of cause I'd want him/her... it to go to Morvidus, lords know they get all the weirdos. Hampyphologs are very open minded though, so if you think I missed a race/stuff in that discription then I'm sure there is room for more :P

• 7 years later...

It's all but confirmed that a few new ones will show up if certain conditions are met. A few minor characters may become proper npcs, and it's likely that the team would consider player written characters, as in Y1. I in fact have an idea for one myself but I'm keeping that one close to my chest.

• 1 year later...

Rhi;

No, no plans- it will depend on the character. Note that magic to change gender exists, and is fairly easy to perform in the case of a transgender person because the magic is not actually in contravention with the Ideal; it is bringing it further into alignment.

Metis;

Opinions vary, as always, but in general it's viewed with tolerance, and confirmed by the Imperial Temple:

"The patron saint of the Frangitti is Decianus Aristander, the first-century Dux Bellorum who retook Colocoro from the First Pretender and renamed the province "Imperia."  He was born Deciana, but claimed a masculine toga as a kid, was married as a male with the blessings of the Gods, and from some accounts was given the power of procreation when he led the Eleventh Legion through the Porta Divina (now defunct, it was a Gate left by the Gods allowing passage from Monte Edare, near the Palace of Man, to Monte Vettore - called Mont Simeon now, in eastern Montors).

From the sixth century until the breaking of the Porta Divina in the ninth century, there was a pilgrimage route through the gate for people who sought divine affirmation of their gender identities - complete with some substantial temples that received offerings and conducted prayers and auguries.

For inheritance purposes, most legal codes require the power of procreation appropriate to the gender when gender specific inheritance is required (the estate will be divided amongst all living males or all daughters who have made the Pilgrimage to Mineta, etc.), primarily due to early shenanigans involving magical transformations (many forced) to control inheritance. That said, magical transformations generally can give the power of procreation if the Ideal is very closely aligned to the gender being Revised. Incidentally, such Revisions are as close to Permanent as possible with magic, because of the alignment of the Ideal. Generally, it's permanent 'enough' for a normal lifespan."