Black Chicken Studios Forums

Draught of Brains

Saluki

I bought a draught of Brains and hoping it would mean a permanent + Intelligence.

Turns out it didnt come with instructions. I cant equip it and it doesnt show up under the Use Item choice. There is no Activity or Ability that says "Drink Potion" what gives?

Maybe it's a paradox. In order to be smart enough to figure out how to drink whats in the bottle, you have to drink whats in the bottle.

Well I looked at it and scrolled down to where it lists the ability of the potion and doing so reveals that it is a 1 point increase for four days, I sure wish I knew that when I bought it.

In any event I put it in my backpack but "Draught for Brains" does not appear in either my selectable things to do or in my list of abilities and actions.

Saluki;

Yes- and I've already asked the Content Team to update that in the Item's Description for DLC 8. :)

Now, regarding the Draught- have you identified it yet? Unfortunately, due to engine limitations, you have to identify the items you purchase...even from Merchants.

???

No I didnt identify it. I will in one minute, but let me ask, do you mean to tell me everything Ive ever bought from a store and/or catalog has to be identified before I receive the benefits?

Wow thats the first time I read that a item that is purcased from a Mercant have to be identified to be working ... bether saying to have be identifed at all to be working.

So the Draught for Brains is kind of special? Because I never haved to identify a item so fare to get its effect (active or passive).

I may be in error, but as I understand it, any active (on use) Ability needs Identification. Passives can be equipped, and their bonuses kept, without Identification.

Your wronge here at last for all items I used so fare, identify was never needed for them.

Food or other one use items where to find under Abilitys to use theyr effect and Passive where listed in the left Ability list in gray color no mater if identified or not.

Archived