Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 8 Bugs

Schwarzbart

I may be wrong about the Professor's Lounge, but are you certain you did not receive Rights to Visit? I just tested it in a sample game where we do not have permissions, and it seems to work correctly.

Huh. I never got a message stating I got rights to the Professors Lounge, but I know you can gain rights without it being outright told- I know I have full rights to the Master Smith's forge (Ceyn chills there all the time due to no Champion's Room). I can't figure out how I could have got them, though. I haven't used favor yet, which seems like it would be the only real way... and I know I got it through Study Habits 4 or 5 like normal (can't remember which it is) rather then through any sneaky methods or explore or the like.

I did another test on it last night after reading that post... still don't get caught when I do a Drop in. The permission thing does make the most sense if others are still getting caught, but I really don't know how I could have stumbled across it. Hm.

I'll see if my next character has similar caught-immunity or not. Maybe it's different whether you get it from Handwriting or Study Habits? Or maybe Ceyn's just lucky. Huh! Thanks for the check.

It would be nice if Visitation would be a bit better reported. <.<

(Other suggestion: a low Duel (maybe 1 and 2?) giving an in-game lore book that explains the meaning of First Blood/Wound/Quietus, and more importantly, the differences between the Triumph/Ridicule results. Also, the manner of the geas put on the opponent.)

I'm not sure if this could be fixed or even if it should be, but... the Random Event Daytime Hallway 3. For me, the girl was Honors, and the guy that has a crush on her (which you can figure out by using the Observation investigation) was Casper, well known for his crush on Magalda. Nothing prevents a guy or gal from having more then one crush, but from the amount of glaring he did, it did come across as a bit odd.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mikka;

"It would be nice if Visitation would be a bit better reported. <.<"

...we agree. :)

Duel Lore additions would be a good idea, and I'll pass the RE over to the Team- they may want to fix the Characters involved. :)

Schwarzbart;

Both are correct, actually, although the accepted spelling in modern day Elumia is Iudocia.

This is a bad report, though thankfully it isn't a major thing. Still, I unfortunately didn't get the exact name of the event, which might make it hard to track. Basically, the event was about three of your fellow students deciding to bat around some sort of stink bomb during class: one of them misses, and the item comes flying at your character. One of the exits is basically ‘(Rimbal) bat it away casually’. The teacher then comes in to the room (it was a female professor for me), and at least at the Rimbal fail, goes after the three trouble-makers for being, well, trouble-makers, while your character goes quietly back to work with their head down trying to blink back tears due to the explosion of gross. In any case, the bug is that when the teacher started scolding everyone, she forgot her spaces: it was all MissCottins for Prudence and so on. (For my version, I believe it was Zorzi, Prudence, and… maybe Kurt?... but I wouldn’t bet money on it.)

Random Event Classroom 8’s decipher handwriting exit is labeled ‘Decypher Handwriting’.

I can't get the Modus Operandi's Mastery bonus to work on a character with no Mastery. What I was trying to do was with a character who had Mastery Methods of 4 (and thus Mastery parent skill was unlocked, but 0, as... well, only the Methods subskill was there), boost my Mastery fakely to 1 so I could then use the Academagia Hive and gain the other subskills, then take over the world. Unfortunately, even though I would gain the message that I'd ‘temporarily increased my Mastery Skill level by 1’, nothing happened. I tried using it with both hostile and beneficial spells, and then a spam of Veil of Aversions on half the school. It just didn't click. (And I was sure to set the Modus Operandi's Mastery increase on my own character.) Yet, on a character who did have Mastery of 7 and subskills unlocked, I got a Mastery boost when the spell told me I did. I'm not sure what's up with it.

Is the Mysterious Mushroom adventure supposed to end after you meet the gnome and decide to walk to the village with him? It seemed a bit abrupt. The gnome was all 'Okay, I protect you from snakes and you protect me from (something or other)', my character was all 'A little late for that when it comes to snakes', and... that was that. No denouncement.

Other students seem to be really, really stupid at times when it comes to their Duel AI. I found cases where they would stubbornly keep writing out the phemes for a spell that was purple or even red to them, over and over and over despite repeated failures, when they could have won easily if they had just stuck to punching. Both Joana and Phillip had troubles with it.

A request: for Bully (and the other hostile skills like it- extortion, shakedown, etc etc), could the relationships be chosen in the character selection panel, similar to how it's shown for Gossip and Befriend? (This also goes for the professor friend making skill of Impression of Diligence, which has no relationships listed either.) As you're going to lose some relationship points for Bully and other such mean actions, knowing who you're already hated by and thus make great targets would be nice.

Also: I've only seen it in the modtools, the Invisible Friend Bond adventure that involves Pamela and going to the light. Was that taken out of the game, or is there some special thing one needs to do to access it? ...Yeah, that's not a bug either. ;;

Mikka;

Thanks! We'll review these in DLC 9. For the Invisible Friend Bond Adventure, I am not sure, actually- there are many unlinked entities in the db, though, so it's possible it's just a relic of the development process.

For the Duel AI, that can occur, unfortunately. There will be some improvements in Year 2, but this is the result of what the Student in question believes their strong suit is in. :)

For Bully, it's possible, but this will require a change in the UI, and I am not sure if that will be scheduled soon.

On the weird mushroom adventure: it was Ceyn who did, iirc, up to Mushroom Adventure 05. The adventure then ended there, with no conclusion.

I just started a mean Vernin student for fun while I'm here on vacation, as I don't have Ceyn's gamesave. Vernin-bully has (well, had_ an adventure called 'Nobni's Advice' or something close to that: it was the first in its adventure chain. Clicking it, it turns out it's Mushroom Adventure 06, and starts with the gnome talking about the snake bite... which of course didn't happen to this character, nor has the character met Nobni or anything. Definitely linking errors there.

Adventure: The Magical Music Contest - This Magic Moment - Short Changed 05f

There seems to be a bit of gender confusion going on in this section as our dreamy male waiter Dale gets referred to as Yulia (I'm assuming that's the name of the waitress in the male version of this event, if not count me as confused), "...explodes at the backdoor sending you and Yulia onto the floor."

There's also some pronoun trouble further on in this section of text with "As you walk her home you talk about ghosts and lore*. The conversation turns to Dale and she tells you she wants to be a drummer and is saving money to enter a music conservatory."

*This sentence is a bit off too (though this might just be because of this being copy/pasted from the male version). Dale offered and does walks the female PC home. Not vice-versa.

Lol just got

You have been reprimated for trespassing!

You have been reprimated for Skipping detention!

You have been reprimated for Skipping detention!

You have been reprimated for Skipping class!

No detention so fare so it all happened in one day ^^ (Not as terrible as I got it once in a other game but still)

Do the team need the save?

Oh it probably was just one of the Prof who haved a bad day and so didn't like it that I skiped a complet day to learning in the library.

Because I am the favorit Student of two Regent and even have a good standing with the Legate the Prof. usual dont say a thing if I just do this one to two times a week. :)

Edit: RE Garden 3 the Exit 1 looking for the Memory Wild Weeds but the investigation gives +1 Tactics and no Memory

One word Schwarzbart, just one word: Ouch!

the teacher must really have gotten out of the wrong side of bed.

On a bit more serious note;

Reeling in Recipes Part II - Vrenelle's adventure - Chemistry exit success has a miss -link at the very begining

edit:

Later in Vrenelle's adventure, "The Kitchen Conspiracy" I try to confront the chef, a courage exit I think. Now, I don't know if this is a mistake and it actually works in English, but it sounds horribly familiar to a case the a danish minister had when he said we have to "screw down your expectations"...

*cough* anyway. In the text it says "Screwing up your courage, you fight back,"

If it actually works in English then please keep it, I love reading phrases a bit out of the ordinary, but yeah. Just as a heads-up.

"Screwing up your courage" is a genuine idiom, meaning to force yourself to be brave even if you're really scared. ^^

I don't think it gets a lot of general usage now-a-days (at least where I live) as the term "screwing" has come to have more negative connotations.

In my campaign of offering random useless knowledge, the phrase comes from, "We fail! But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail," spoken by the lovely/terrifying Lady Macbeth to her doomed husband in the play taking his name- Act I, Scene VII. Perfectly safe to use: Shakespeare at his usual. Though the arguement of what exactly is a sticking place continues to this day... :D

Vullamane Student Adventure 00 – the line about VE being quite the scientist is linked badly, with the first line of Rikidis’s bio showing up rather then Rikidis's name. Later, adventure 01, Vullamane’s own name is linked to her bio’s first name (Vullamane sounds like…)

Student Adventure Cordelia Troublepot 01- “Oh my goodness, great minds think alike, that’s just what I was going to suggest!” ‘N\A’ is so enthused… ...N\A should be Cordelia's name.

Just to keep adding. In "Dinner Party" (still Vrenelle's adventure, last part (I think)) The study habit exit (success), there is a mislink to a professor. "Professor [link is messed up] enters the kitchen with a large smile."

Edit:

Student Adventure Orso 5, halfway though, the text suddenly turn italic without much reason.

Archived