Black Chicken Studios Forums

breaking up Cliques

Adrian

I do believe we've have discussed this issue before, but I was wondering if anyone actually found a decent way to do this.

What I want is to ruin another clique so that I might persuade one of their members to join me.

Anyone got a way to manage this, and if so, please mention how the ability is gained as well please.

Thanks!

(Of cause, being such a decent person as I am officially I would never do such a thing!)

One of the harder ways but with the greatest chance of success is to gain the ability to 'control' a character (through Mastery or Calligraphy (I believe you need max Calligraphy or Mastery, though), then have them use ridiculously hostile actions on their cliquemate(s). For a clique to break, you want to get members in it to -1 (though the more they they are, the quicker the break up is), and forcing a member to say, play around with each other's matter or bully each other is an easy path to success.

The way I usually go is Harmon's Strife, though. Being able to get... what is it, 12/13/14?.. reduces the Persona's relationship with a clique member by -2 (note that if you're acting against a two person clique, you'll want to target the one you don't want in your clique- as it is an hostile action). The spell is unlocked through Dedication, though it's Charm based. I... think it's either Dedication 4 or 6, but I'm forbidden from wiki'ing at the moment so I can't check for sure.

Dedication it is then (I'll be sure to look it up), I knew the mastery-line but honestly to get to that point I'd have lost most of the game. Mastery isn't something you bump into every day (thankfully!)

There are also several spells and abilities that influence relationships.

Most noteable:

Friendquake (Befriend - 11) - Hurt up to 3 relations on your target.

Sabotage Friendships (Sabotage - 11) - minus 10 points on a relationship between two chosen people.

Common Ground (Infiltration - 10) - Let someone switch cliques to yours, at the cost of upsetting two clique members (1 point each, random)

EDIT added spells

• 2 weeks later...

I just entered a Spell on to the wiki. Befriend level 11, OMG.

Friendquake. 6 separate rolls, 2 each Charm/Manipulation, 2 each Insight/Practical Jokes, 2 each Luck/Character Study. For each set of rolls, a pass on the lower roll (versus 9) gives the target -2 relationship vs a random person. a pass on the higher roll (versus 17) gives -4.

Talk about making the school hate someone. Cast it a couple of times and you'll bust up that clique easily.

Archived