Black Chicken Studios Forums

Need a reliable way to get Gates and Mastery

DarkFate

I just got this game about 2 weeks ago. A bit overwhelmed and i restarted quite a few times. Anyway, currently i am making a char that focus on maic skills. Which leads to my question. So far i have not found a reliable way to get the 2 way. I did occasionally got some of the subskills through random events and random skill expansion. Can anyone advise me a way?

There is a shop (I forget which one) that sells both, a book of gates and a scroll of mastery which give you all of the subskills for both. That is the easiest way to unlock them all, providing you can not only afford them but find the shop. :)

Bring your Research to 11 there is one of the places where you can get Mastery and Gate SS.

Just for Gate you also can choose the Family: The Secret Heritage Background. After a Adventure this unlooks the best training methode for Gates known to me.

There some other places I think one is in Insects and a other in Climb.

But be warned just the knowledge alone not to talk about even using this Magic will be punished by Law if anyone learns about this!

(For Game resons there is curent no punishment in year 1 but you can expect that something will put into the game in the comming years)

There are other ways...

If you have History - The Middle Empire at level 11, then it will inform you of the Mastery - Theory of Mastery subskill. Getting your max increased can be done by a chain of history skills at lvl 11, so getting almost any of them allows you to get The Middle Empire. To get your first History Skill Max expansion, I suggest building your relationship with Errus Viada to 10 and then asking him for a Favor. You have about 50% chance of getting a random History Subskill Maximum increased.

Mastery - Theory of Mastery at level 9 grants you the Control Pheme which temporarily increases your Gates, Gates Phemes and Gates Spells by 1 point. You can also get the Control Pheme at Bully - Interrogation lvl 2.

Studying Negation Methods to level 11 (using Research to expand your Max there) unlocks Mastery - Mastery Methods.

Mastery Methods at level 4 grants you access to the Academagia Hives, which also teaches you Mastery Spells.

This gives you reliable ways to unlock Mastery, Mastery Methods, Mastery Spells, Theory of Mastery, Gates, Gates Phemes, Gates Spells.

Studying Zoology - Insects to lvl 10 gives you access to The Well of Flies, that expands one random Gates Skill on your first visit.

Studying Explore - Climb to lvl 10 gives you access to Lost Spiders' Spire, that expands one random Gates Skill if you make a Luck/Perception Roll versus 13.

Studying History - The Second Captivity to lvl 10 gives you access to Godina Park: Icanyke's Statue, that expands one random Gates Skill if you make an Insight/Lipreading Roll versus 13.

Actually, you need to research Negation Methods, which gets unlocked by the Academagia: Infirmary location, which you get at Negation Methods lvl 1.

Academagia: Fence unlocks the Research Topic of Gates Methods, for the 11th level.

No clue on how to unlock this location, except by random exploration.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Actually, you need to research Negation Methods, which gets unlocked by the Academagia: Infirmary location, which you get at Negation Methods lvl 1.

Academagia: Fence unlocks the Research Topic of Gates Methods, for the 11th level.

No clue on how to unlock this location, except by random exploration.

I've gotten Negation Methods to eleven with several characters now, but I've yet to get anything even related to Mastery from it. I heard that wasting sickness quest can get you access to a place that will inform me of Mastery Phemes, at least. Still, if anyone can update this topic with a method that actually works and doesn't involve history or gates, I'd be much obliged.

I've gotten Negation Methods to eleven with several characters now, but I've yet to get anything even related to Mastery from it. I heard that wasting sickness quest can get you access to a place that will inform me of Mastery Phemes, at least. Still, if anyone can update this topic with a method that actually works and doesn't involve history or gates, I'd be much obliged.

Bright day

Learn Elumian 1.

Learn Bassan 4.

Do Adventure : Language Skills in three or four steps. (you need either solid Incantation, Glamour or basic Gates)

Congratulations proud owner of Mastery-icon.

Bright day

Learn Elumian 1.

Learn Bassan 4.

Do Adventure : Language Skills in three or four steps. (you need either solid Incantation, Glamour or basic Gates)

Congratulations proud owner of Mastery-icon.

Aha, thank you very much! And for anyone else who comes looking, I found out "The Wasting Sickness" does reveal a way to get training as well. Not sure if it was just the way I did it or if any way of solving it works, but it's a hint at a second path, at least.

Archived