Black Chicken Studios Forums

Relationship actions

swang

1) Befriend - If you have a large clique, it's virtually impossible to get a new member, but if you get others relationship high enough, they can join you. Leading me to believe that the initiator's clique size is the only one that matters. Is this working as designed?

1a) Speaking of which, while trying to verify this in the modtool, it looks like the opposed roll for Befriend has no modifiers. I know the clique size thing is working, but is it part of the tool or is it a special-case or hard-coded modifier?

2) Gossip - Looks like the opposed roll is the one that sets the 2 actors. What happens if the opposed roll fails, and the roll vs 20 (or 25) succeeds? This could easily happen when you have a high Charm, for example, have Neta and Emilia in the Clique, everyone in it can run around with 7 or 8 or so Charm, with an adequately high gossip on the part of the player, you can miss the opposed (roll low on charm) and hit the 20 (roll higher on charm)

2) Gossip - Looks like the opposed roll is only against one of the actors. The other one doesn't affect the roll at all. (Maybe have the relationship of the two actors be a modifier on the opposed roll?)

1) Befriend is easyer the bether the relationship of the new Member is to every one in the clique. Also be realy carfull if you bring some one in with negative relationship with on other Member of your clique to joining the clique can split up!

2-3) Sorry can't help you about this

What I meant was that it'll be virtually impossible for me to get someone, yet that person can befriend me or one of my clique members, and get in to my clique.

In other words, if that person is the initiator, it looks like my clique size is not taken into account.

Jeff;

For your questions:

1) You are (mostly) correct in your assumptions, and it is, I believe, intended. This only occurs in certain situations, though.

1a) It is hard-coded.

2) Each possible outcome is rolled separately, so it is entirely possible that one could fire, but the others do not. Since the Targets are inherited, they will go to the Relationship which you selected.

2a) That is correct; I believe it is the first Actor that is rolled against.

Archived