Black Chicken Studios Forums

Richard Peperell

Draigh

*reserved*

Will build this student after I finished adding the current ones to the wiki (good experience about how the students are fleshed out in the game).

Suggestions/wishes/requests are welcome, although an idea is already forming about this newest member of the Academagia. :)

As in a roleplay or making an actual student?

It'd be fun, but make sure his / her character have something more than "gay".

I think there's nothing special or wrong about non-heterosexual, but I just don't like character that exist for the sake of being non-heterosexual xD

Still, in year 1 it will be relatively....not apparent. Remember, all the kids in year 1 is just around 12 to 14, I doubt being gay is going to be a big trait here.

Having worked as a volunteer at a gay youth group, I am quite aware of stereotypes and the actual gay population being more than just the image most people have of it. Which is part of why I decided to do this one myself. :)

But the game currently does not have any gay characters that might bloom into a relationship at a later date. So why not add the option already so the story can be incorporated into the game? Slow and easy, and totally optional of course. Unless you go looking for it, you probably won't really notice it.

And yes, I am talking about an actual student, with all the stats, adventures, events and stuff worked out.

Mm. The first year of Academagia is set at least during the onset of puberty (more than that, for the gal students), which is when many kids do start to discover their sexuality and all the trouble which goes with it... which actually may make things seem to the student themselves that all they are is gay, as it can be such a scary thing to figure out about yourself depending on your circumstances, and it definitely sets you apart from your peers... who seem to be constantly talking about the opposite sex all the time. But there defintiely should be more to them then that.

Have you thought about collage? General personality?

My current project is working on two bisexual students to add... mostly because I wanted to write about them and they just sort of turned out that way so I figured I'd put them in game, but I figure it works. XD If you want to, we could bounce ideas off of each other on how to say, be using the flirting or romancing skills to allow for the same-sex romance so it's all working in the same way (perhaps an action that works on certain members of the same sex can be given at the same time flirt or courteous gestures or whatever is... hm, I don't know), just for compatibility and to not both be coding up the same exact things? Or not. Whatever works. :) Good luck.

The Student AI sometimes has the goal "Wuv. Twue Wuv." which I want to add in a slightly changed version, namely changing the "Inform - Opposite Sex" towards "Inform - Own Sex" and "Expand Relationship - Opposite Sex" to "Expand Relationship - Own Sex". The Expand Flirting and Expand Confidence will remain, of course. That would pretty much be the only technical change in the whole AI of him being gay. That would mean there are still four goals related to his personality-side instead to his sexuality.

Technically the actions used for romancing someone are the simple befriend actions also used for the whole normal friendships, except that it needs to go to a relationship of 10+ for it to become love. Sadly, there aren't many gay guys out there, so he'll have to try his luck with the player. Meaning that a certain personal adventure will come up, including the whole doubt part and stuff, that gives the player the choice of mentioning being straight (no effect), gay (memory of finding out being gay, +2 Increase max relationship) or bisexual (memory of finding out being bisexual, +2 Increase max relationship). Finishing the whole adventure also increases the max relationship with another +1, for a grand total of 13 possible. Which would be enough to get the Love emotion. Although that also needs a slight change, to allow the emotion for same-sex couples.

The memories can be used as prereqs to check whether the character is interested in gay, straight or both type of relationships. Depending on having the different memories, certain relationships might trigger that normally wouldn't.

Besides this system, I was not planning to add anything specifically gay to the whole student. He is, after all, just one of the kids on the Academagia. I haven't decided on which college yet, nor on his own specific personality and talents. But I want there to be an overlap between those two.

Archived