Black Chicken Studios Forums

Danger Sense

ShiningCity

danger sense is an insight sub-skill according to the game but i have 3 insight and level 2 and 3 both cost 3 steps to level. this is really messing up my insight leveling. i was under the impression that skills were easier if i had high attribute. i know i havent encountered this problem in anything else ive done.

Mat;

Indeed you are correct that raising Attributes makes learning Skills easier- however, some Skills have a high Training Modifier which increases the base cost.

i figured it might be that, although it kinda defeats the purpose of a level 4 attribute boost. hitting DS 4 is barely better than doing research. its only the fact that i get 3 levels in a skill that makes it worth it. which according to my calculus for the most efficient action progression makes it like .04% more efficient.

could i get a list of skills with a higher progression base? i mean i could play through the game a few times to figure it out. unless the mod tools could tell me? they do in a lot of games.

The Mod tool let you see the Training Multiplicator of the Skills but Danger Sense is the only one remaining with a very High one and no way I know to reduce it (Sure Selective Focus but thats not the point).

Poisons also have a High multiplicator but you can get a reduce of the Training Multiplicator from a reward of a other SS

The Mod tool let you see the Training Multiplicator of the Skills but Danger Sense is the only one remaining with a very High one and no way I know to reduce it (Sure Selective Focus but thats not the point).

Poisons also have a High multiplicator but you can get a reduce of the Training Multiplicator from a reward of a other SS

not being able to use danger sense was really saddening in my goal of getting straight 5s for attributes.

i dont wanna spend 10 actions researching an attribute for a lousy +1. its very time inefficient. i hope research has an effect later in the game that is significant because right now its quite useless. i mean they said something about lore being useful which is the main reward but i cant think of anything it could do. unless they made an automatic reward. cause reading all the lore in the lore panel is a pain.

Some of the research paths result in changes in your skill maximums, resulting in the option to study certain skills beyond level 10. That then opens up other bonusses. Not too sure what other things you would expect from the research.

Danger Sense does have other uses besides the attributes, and there are other ways to increase your attributes.

Eh. Raise your Insight to seven (very easy- Insight raises are everywhere!) or even five, and hit danger sense with selective focus. Boom!

Most skills have a 1.00 training modifier. Here are the ones that don't.

1.10: Awareness, Famous Battles, Famous Geometry Problems, Incantation Phemes, Infiltration, Rimbal Positions

1.20: Administration, Architecture, Court Hairstyles, Dance, Drafting, Filing, Incantation Methods, Lyre, Negation Phemes, Negotiate, Persuasion, Theory of Negation,

1.30: Accounting, Composure, Geometric Laws, Ink Compounds, Intimidation, Lip Reading, Puzzles, Speaking Quietly of Riddles, Theory of Astrology, Theory of Glamour, Theory of Incantation, Theory of Revision

1.40: Chemistry, Flawless Timing, Logic, Negation Spells, Planning, Theory of Enchantment, Violin

1.50: Art Appreciation, Chirurgery, Civil Law, Etiquette, Forgery, Gambling, Gates Methods, Harpsichord, Incantation Spells, Oratory, Orthography, Properties of Arithmetic, Storytelling, Theory of Arithmetic

1.70: Diplomacy, First Principles, Revision Spells

1.80: Demi-Tour, Jeweler, Palettes, Perfumes

2.00: Clockwork, Concentration, Decipher Handwriting, Gates Spells, Observation, Perception, Theory of Mastery

2.10: Phemes

2.50: Danger Sense, Poisons

That comes from the modbase 2. Skills added in the last.. what, four DLC's?, are thus not available. That's Friends in Hidden Places for Mordivus, Manner of a Champion for Durand, and Worldliness. As well as the skill in the Tales of the Golden City DLC8, which, er, I can't really remember which skill it was. Anyone?

Some of the research paths result in changes in your skill maximums, resulting in the option to study certain skills beyond level 10. That then opens up other bonusses. Not too sure what other things you would expect from the research.

Danger Sense does have other uses besides the attributes, and there are other ways to increase your attributes.

i know i can raise my attributes other ways. but the point of this thread is to find an ideal way to raise everything to maximize my effective actions.

As far as I can tell, all the new skills have a training modifier of 1.

Danger Sense, while being hard to increase, gets a lot of steps from adventures and events. Also, there are many passive abilities that give Danger Sense levels. so I've had a character who had a level 9 Danger Sense, but in reality, only trained up to level 3. You miss the perks, but your rolls against Danger Sense are generally successful.

Archived