Black Chicken Studios Forums

Useless Parent Skills

ShiningCity

i have seen maybe three, tops, event choice involving languages. i have seen 100+ with running or persuasion or concentration. also there is no language class, which i would like to take. although there is a professor. language class in year 2? on my first playthrough i recall i maxed out research and languages and history. it seemed like a fun rp strategy, but my guy was totally useless. he couldnt do shit. is there any way you could enable a way to play the game where i could do well with just this kind of character? or if i did a natural sciences character or a math/accounting type guy? it seems like its required to get 2-4 of the main magic classes plus several things like running and concentration and compete, even if i didnt wanna do any of those things.

also why is it so damn hard to level my strength attribute? i have 6-9 in all things but 3 there and i cant find a way to raise it, cept maybe research.

additionally if i wanted to make a crafting character, which isnt very useful in single player but w/e, could you improve the crafting system? like if i wanted to make a sword to do something, or a robe, or some spectacles for library skills? maybe i need to get into the mod tools, but i havent seen a lot of opportunities to do any craft stuff.

Crafting takes some shopping for recipes, and materials, but really I haven't done that a lot either (on my to-do list but never seems to get priority...). I would very much recommend the mod tool to look up the various shops, keep in mind there have been some changes here and there, but still it is minor.

As for strength.. I guess mages are usually a bit on the wimpy side ;) don't know really, but you are right usually the rest of my skills are much higher. Actually made a challenge for myself once to get a strength of 10 at the end of the year, not sure I ever finished that game but I think I got decently high, like 7-8ish from adventures mainly as far as I recall.

Language... I dunno... I like to teach it to my characters (For some reason they really should learn more than one language in school...) but not so many events that is true. But considering most students speak elumian as first language, you wouldn't tumble in on so many cases where you were forced to speak a secondary language. Maybe we should make some more of those "visit the tavern and strike up conversation" events... something to consider.

Crafting takes some shopping for recipes, and materials, but really I haven't done that a lot either (on my to-do list but never seems to get priority...). I would very much recommend the mod tool to look up the various shops, keep in mind there have been some changes here and there, but still it is minor.

As for strength.. I guess mages are usually a bit on the wimpy side ;) don't know really, but you are right usually the rest of my skills are much higher. Actually made a challenge for myself once to get a strength of 10 at the end of the year, not sure I ever finished that game but I think I got decently high, like 7-8ish from adventures mainly as far as I recall.

Language... I dunno... I like to teach it to my characters (For some reason they really should learn more than one language in school...) but not so many events that is true. But considering most students speak elumian as first language, you wouldn't tumble in on so many cases where you were forced to speak a secondary language. Maybe we should make some more of those "visit the tavern and strike up conversation" events... something to consider.

if we made some research quests that might help. foreign language is way more common in the magical libraries. i imagine. history and language and research could be really useful in something like that. like in an adventure maybe you have to find something, or learn a spell, or w/e.

Archived