Leoshi Posted June 10, 2011 Report Share Posted June 10, 2011 A few (more) background options for everyone to enjoy. Well maybe not everyone... Deed: Singer With this background you gain +1 Voice,+1 Notation, and +1 Famous Songs and will also be informed of a random location to improve your music skills to better compliment your singing skills. During your childhood you have always enjoyed hearing people sing no matter where they were from, what language they were singing in or whether the song was saintly or very, very naughty. One day after hearing a beautiful song from a travelling group of performers, you decide to try and sing that song, alone, in a secluded area where no one can hear you. Needless to say, you stink at singing. But the singer from the travelling performers heard your singing and decided to give you lessons, much to your embarrassment and excitement. Tutoring: Grifter Picking this background you gain a skillstep in Lie, Persuasion, Manipulation, Conversation and Observation. Also your chances to persuade or manipulate someone has improve by 5% although your relationship with two (2) random professors will start at -2 due to your dangerous capabilities. While there is nothing glamorous about lying and manipulating people, your parents have taught you how to use this to help people by manipulating those who take advantage of others. History: Secrets and Silence With this background you gain a skill step in a random Gates and Mastery subskill but your stress minimum will increase by 1. And you will also be informed of an area to improve these skills. Your great, great grandfather, your grandfather and now you have always been quiet during childhood. This was normal by anybody's standard but in truth you have always been in conversation with the voices that whisper to you. Most of the time the voices are from nice little creatures from…the other side and some of them even made you laugh when you felt alone, mainly because most of the kids don't want to play with you. Unfortunately you talking to imaginary friends as you continue to grow have made you the talk of the town…and school. Inheritance: Spirit walker (2 background points) With this background you will receive an Orb of Separation. Knowing your love of exploration, your eccentric uncle has hunted down every merchant who sells magical wares. On the day you would leave for Academagia, your uncle gives you a box containing a violet orb the size of your fist and wishes you good luck along with a very embarrassing bear hug. Description: Orb of Separation By using this orb you will be able to explore three (3) areas a day but you will increase your stress by 4 or if you are strong enough it will only increase by 1 (Fitness vs. 5). Note that the orb will need to recharge itself so you will have to leave it in a dark area for a minimum of four (4) days. This violet orb was once invented by a wizard who wanted to explore the world around him but due to an accident during one of his explorations he lost control of both his legs. One day out of desperation he decided to create an orb to send his spirit to the various places he wanted to explore. He succeeded. Family: Big Sister By choosing this background you gain +1 to Compassion, +1 Patience, and +1 Temperance and also receive a random gift every three/four weeks. Growing up in a big family, and you being the youngest of several, you were closest with your big sister who has constantly cared for you. Every time you cried, she will be there to comfort you. Every time you laugh, it was because she made you laugh, usually by tickling you. Every time you had nightmares (being in your underwear mostly), she would sit next to you until you slept peacefully. Now that you are off to Academagia, you can't help but sad for being so far from home. At least your sister still sends you stuff to cheer you up so you should probably do your best and when you go home, pay back her kindness by making her laugh. 95% Chance of possible items: Glamour Mints, Caramel Chews, Laughs in a can, Party Hat, Potion of Wakefulness, Reminder Sheet, Quill Pen, Pie. 5% Chance of possible item(s): J.J's Dog Chow, Newt, Opal, Small, Quartz, Small, Ring of Dedication Ending notes !! 1) for the singer background. 2) The grifter background, eeh... anybody watched Leverage the tv show? (Edited) 3) A little variation from the Family: Secret Heritage just to make it slightly easier. 4) Does the Orb of Exploration feel like cheating? Because most of my game I spend so much time training up my skills I neglected to explore the world, thus missing another chunk of the game's content. Darn you large game world ! (Edited) 5) I also plan to add events where you will receive a letter from your sister so I must ask for ideas from everyone because, well, I am male. Also, anymore suggestions for the list of possible gifts? As usual your opinions matter so tell me what you think. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.