Black Chicken Studios Forums

Little Goblin Maiden!

CremePudding

Prerequisites: Relationship with Olivia Solari >= 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"RUN!"

Woah, is that Aveline Cincebeaux? You have never seen her running in fear like that-

"GET AWAY!"

Joana Lio y Rossollo, too? You don't see bullies like her screaming and fleeing like that everyday....

As you prepare to turn around and flee along with your fellow students, you feel something bump into your legs.

A little goblin in a patchy dress. Wait, a female goblin?

Before you can respond, a horrible rasp comes down the hall.

"COME OUT NOW! I KNOW YOU ARE HERE SOMEWHERE AROUND!"

A squeaky, miserable voice suddenly rise from your back.

"Please! Help me! I just wanted to puck some hair from that pretty boy to bake a pie for my crush! I even asked him politely and he cut them off willingly for me! I didn't know he got a scary banshee following him! Help!" Looks like the little goblin has attached herself firmly to your back.

"@playername@! Have you seen that ugly little monster around? These stupid girls are probably helping her to hide because they want a share on Cyrus' hair...." The voice gets nearer.

Oh dear. It seems the "scary banshee" is your dear friend Olivia Solari.

"I don't want to die! I haven't get married and experienced the honeymoon crash!" Okay, that's too much detail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit 1: Hand the goblin girl over. (Automatic Success)

You turn around and let Olivia pry her off your back...

...And notice a hulking, giant goblin towering over you and Olivia.

"Dada!" The little goblin seized the moment Olivia turn around and jump onto the giant goblin.

Uh oh. These spikes on his club look really sharp-

"What do you say to a new mama, hun?"

"Sure! She is scarier than a banshee!"

You watch the two goblins walk towards the sunset, Olivia trying to break free of the goblin father's iron grip and the daughter sitting on his head.

How touching! Now, which professor should you report this to?

-14 Vitality to Olivia Solari

-3 Ethics (You handed the poor little girl over, you heartless mage!)

Exit 2: Persuasion. Persuade Olivia to abandon the chase. (Automatic Success)

You quietly remind your dear friend that being a murderous maniac in front of her object of desire is not the wisest move.

"But-"

"Did you know someone just mistook you for a banshee? Someone running by was screaming that."

"But-"

"Acting like a banshee is not very attractive, you know..."

"But-"

"No but! At this rate, you are going to accidentally slaughter his whole family one day."

"But-"

"Or worse, like being arrested and eternally stuck in a prison."

"But-"

"I doubt any sensible person would stick with a lover that slaughter everyone he loves and is stuck in a prison."

It took you a few hours; but you manage to get Olivia stumbles away frazzled.

As you try to pry the goblin from your back, you realize she is gone. Instead, she left you a letter inviting you to visit her home under the kitchen.

You stumble away, as frazzled as Olivia is.

+1 Stress

+5 Stress to Olivia Solari

+1 Persuasion

Inform and Add Visitation Rights - Academagia: Underville: Raider District

Exit 3: Lie. (Automatic Success)

You shake your head sadly.

Olivia then storms out, mercilessly slaying - um, Knoht-ing other female students out in frustration.

Tears well up in the goblin girl's giant eyes.

"These poor banshees," she sobs. "Why would she be so cruel?"

She hands you a letter and run away.

Tears well up in your eyes.

+1 Stress

+1 Lie

Exit 4: Brute Strength. Knoht her and her agression out. (Strength/Brute Strength v. 10)

Success:

You shrug. You have Knoht-ed her out countless times to prevent murders on her behalf.

"Hey, is that the banshee you are looking for?"

"Wha-"

You use all your might and slam your head on hers.

Needless to say, she goes down, just like always.

"Wow, I didn't know you can hit banshee like that. Can I try?" The goblin girl stare at you with her giant eyes.

You let her try to shove the unconscious Olivia around with her head, and then promised to visit her home while persuading her to go home quickly.

+1 Tactics

Failure:

You shrug. You have Knoht-ed her out countless times to prevent murders on her behalf.

"Hey, is that the banshee you are looking for?"

"Wha-"

You use all your might and slam your head on hers.

Ow! When did her head get so hard!? No wonder she is so headstrong nowadays!

"Wow, I didn't know you can hit banshee like that. Can I try?" The goblin girl stare at you with her giant eyes.

You let her try to shove the unconscious Olivia around with her head, and then promised to visit her home while persuading her to go home quickly.

OW! How are you going to sleep tonight like that!?

-1 Vitality

+1 Stress

+1 Tactics

Exit 5: Schoolyard Education. Contact a teacher! (Insight/Schoolyard Education v.15)

Success:

Remember when you actually encountered a banshee in the kitchen?

What a spectacular duel it was! Professor Leo Massioti even showed the student that wrestling with a banshee is the most direct way!

Okay, maybe it is not very suitable for this situation. Just because your little friend thinks Olivia is a banshee doesn't mean she deserve to be tackled like one. You should probably, ah, let a professor to deal with her...

And who better to help other than Kate Badcrumble, who seems to be preparing tea in the room behind you (probably to lecture you on your behavior)?

You maintain a rigid smile on your face and pretends to stumble backward out of surprise.

Ding-dong!

A door behind you swings open.

"Miss Solari. Tea?"

Normally you won't agree with Professor Badcrumble's lecture on lady manners, but Olivia probably needs it.

"That bigger banshee reminds me of my mama," the little goblin remarks as you put her down. "The elders exiled her because she insists on forcing everyone to wear pink dresses. I think it looks bad on my papa."

Too much details! Luckily, you didn't forget the bit where she mentioned her home is under the kitchen. Say, does that loud shriek belongs to Professor Badcrumble or Olivia?

+1 Flawless Timing

+1 Pure Luck

+5 Stress to Olivia Solari

Failure:

Remember when you actually encountered a banshee in the kitchen?

What a spectacular duel it was! Professor Leo Massioti even showed the student that wrestling with a banshee is the most direct way!

Okay, maybe it is not very suitable for this situation. Just because your little friend thinks Olivia is a banshee doesn't mean she deserve to be tackled like one. You should probably, ah, let a professor to deal with her...

And who better to help other than Kate Badcrumble, who seems to be preparing tea in the room behind you (probably to lecture you on your behavior)?

You maintain a rigid smile on your face and pretends to stumble backward out of surprise.

Ding-Dong!

"Olivia! How dare you! I am reporting this to Orso Orsi!"

Cosetta Re shows up at all the worst possible moment, doesn't she?

You place your hand over the little goblin's eyes, preventing her from seeing whatever horrible, horrible thing Olivia is currently doing to Cosetta Re. Poor Cosetta.

"That was the most horrible Banshee wail I heard!" The goblin girl remarks when you set her down.

The door behind you finally swings open. What took the dear Professor so long?

"Miss Solari, Miss Re. Tea party. NOW." The way Professor Badcrumble pronouce the word, you'd think the tea is poisoned. Moreover... is she seriously considering lecturing an unconscious Cosetta?

"Oh no! More banshee wails!"

You heave a sigh and take her to her home, located right below the kitchen.

+1 Pure Luck

+8 Stress to Olivia Solari

+8 Stress to Cosetta Re

-2 Vitality to Cosetta Re

-4 Relationship between Cosetta Re and Olivia Solari

Lore: The Academagia Underville Goblins

Thirty feet belows the Academagia Kitchen lives a sizable community of goblins, devoted to farming mushrooms and battling the endless spiders even deeper below. While they often leave baskets of fresh mushrooms near the entrance to their homes and the cooks will swap whatever raw foodstuff that are the cheapest at the moment with the mushroom, it doesn't stop them from arming themselves to a terrifying level and raiding the kitchen during the summer nights when nearly no one is around. The reason is that it take less effort to raid an empty kitchen instead of one filled with cooks.

Generally speaking, they are far more peaceful than other goblins you will encounter near Academagia - they need all the help they get against the other, more hostile underground creatures of the Academagia, and they have no trouble getting food from their massive fungus farms and the kitchen. And they are inherently lazy, but you can't really go napping around with so many things threatening your survival... Which, they actually do.

There's a rumor most of the faculty approves of the goblin's constant raid on the kitchen, which keep the cooks a lot alert than it used to be before the goblins appeared. Except Professor Sixt von Rupprecht, who occasionally had his pumpkin pies stolen.

The lazy goblins living below the kitchen are in desperate need of two kind of things: good weapons that allow them to kill spiders with a few less swings, and delicious human cuisine that just take so much effort to steal, let alone cook...

But feel free to supply them with such weapons - by passing a difficult roll of (Insight/Enchant v.25), you can enchant their crude clubs into weapons of terror until they break from lack of maintenance from the lazy goblins once per week, and they will happily pay you with 120 pims acquired from the spiders (how the spiders have them is not exactly known).

Students with great cooking skill are also in high demand by the goblins - just cook something good in the kitchen (Finesse/Cooking v. 20) and the goblins will get it themselves, possibly beating up the cooks if they are trying to scold you. All the same, you will be paid for 70 pims for each delight you send down their underground home. A truly epic attempt at cuisine (Finesse/Cooking v. 50) will cause them to lay siege to the kitchen, distracting the whole school and also reducing your Chance Of Discovery by 5 for a week.

If you just want to pay them a friendly visit, you will have to help them squash a few spiders - taking 1 point of damage in exchange for 1 Step in War, 1 step in Tactics and 1 step in Temperance as you observe their incredibly lazy way of war. If you are strong enough (Strength/Brute Strength v.20), you will also be requested to help them pull down one of these hardened Golden Angelwings Mushrooms away from their stem. You will get one for your help, of course.

The so called Raider District is the first floor of what seems to be an five-floors library buried underneath the Academagia Kitchen and turned upside down. While the goblins don't really expect a human visitor, anyone who actually found the entrance to their home probably means they have close ties to the top (the biggest, strongest, and the scariest) goblins, and really, they are too lazy to protest and get beaten up. Especially when you are so, so, so helpful...

A difficulty of 50 for exit 5??

And should the failures not actually be failures??

Otherwise, nice encounter!

Difficulty fixed, thanks for pointing that out!

The failure is... well, you did failed to get Kate Badcrumble before Cosetta intervenes in a somewhat worse way...

(Now that you said it, maybe I should rewrite it a little!)

Archived