Black Chicken Studios Forums

Now for a DLC 10 bug topic!

Mikka

The Certificate gives you Visitation Rights- not sure what caused the Increase in your Parental Approval. Can you say what gave you the Certificate? It's almost certainly a Recipe, but there can be issues when a Recipe is given if the Effects aren't right. I'd like to look at it, if you can guess at the source?

In the morning, my character attended a class in History. Directly following that, is the notification that she learned about Certificate of Imperial Favor.

She's been studying at the Library of the Mantle of Stars a lot. Is it possible that there's some astrological effect that's firing, giving her that parental approval increase? Here's the evening's activities in detail:

You succeeded at using Study at the Library of the Mantle of Stars.

You increased Your The Early Empire Skill Step by 1.

You have learned about The Early Empire SP V.

You increased Your Parental Approval by 25.

You increased Your Theory of Astrology Skill Step by 2.

Another thought: Emilia Strolin has been a member of her clique for some time. The 25 improvement to parental approval due to Parental Payoff hit months ago, but could it have fired off a second time?

We'll see if we can find that Duel Event- for the next time, when you report Events, please press F12 to see the Event Name. It will insure that the proper Event is looked at, thanks! :)

Will do. :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I powered through the rest of the Spells and Phemes on the wiki, which are now complete (except for several skills introduced between DLC5 and 10 that I haven't gotten to) Here are the last few questions:

Arataxa's Serpentine March - (War - Famous Battles 10) - spell marked as beneficial, but should be hostile (does damage and decrease chance of success)

Dandibraw's Charge - (War - Famous Battles 11) - spell marked as beneficial, but does damage to both attacker and target. (maybe neutral?)

Cage of Locusts - (Zoology - Insects 7) - Not castable? Insects and Imprisonment Phemes don't seem to be given

Next up, Abilities and Actions

Monteverdi;

Many possibilities. :)

It seems to be happening more regularly, now. A week later, my character gained 5 to Parental Approval, without doing anything warranting it. She just used the Venalicium Library action. Could it be triggered by hitting a 10 at study and training for a given class?

Monteverdi;

Almost certainly- there are some Studies and some Skills which will boost it. ;)

Yeah, first Calligraphy, and now History have boosted Parental Approval by 5 upon hitting the magical 10/10. Still doesn't explain that second 25 boost, but I suppose I could roleplay it as familial recognition that Emilia's familiar also joined the clique. ;)

In the morning, my character attended a class in History. Directly following that, is the notification that she learned about Certificate of Imperial Favor.

She's been studying at the Library of the Mantle of Stars a lot. Is it possible that there's some astrological effect that's firing, giving her that parental approval increase? Here's the evening's activities in detail:

You succeeded at using Study at the Library of the Mantle of Stars.

You increased Your The Early Empire Skill Step by 1.

You have learned about The Early Empire SP V.

You increased Your Parental Approval by 25.

You increased Your Theory of Astrology Skill Step by 2.

Another thought: Emilia Strolin has been a member of her clique for some time. The 25 improvement to parental approval due to Parental Payoff hit months ago, but could it have fired off a second time?

History 9 master skill unlocks a 25 point parental approval (though I believe the Certificate of Imperial Favor is Early Empire 8). Also it appears in one of the DLC's a 5 point approval bonus was added for all level 10 Class Study levels.

From the event, Sima and the illumination spell:

"You begin the incantation, but halfway in, you realize that it was transcribed incorrectly. It looks the right at first..."

Should be no "the" before "right."

From the event, Reitz and the very bad stomach:

"The two of you set off, and you make sure to walk behind His."

Should be him, and not capitalized. A few other instances of not-needed capitalization in the event, too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just used Confide on another student, and was told it was a success. But the student still shows the same old relationship rating with my character. Anxiety is supposedly added to my character, but not showing up. I'm wondering if Peaceful Heart and/or Salt of the Earth are interfering with Anxiety, and therefore preventing Confide from firing off correctly.

Monteverdi;

Thanks! We'll look at that in DLC 11. A quick note about the improper capitalization: this occurs whenever there is a link. This is a limitation of the engine, alas!

For Confide, it's an unfortunate limitation of the engine that if any Effect is applied automatically (in this case, Add Anxiety), the entire Action is considered a Success...even if you fail, for instance, the Roll for the Relationship boost. Since Emotions are checked for Prerequisites at the end of the Day, Anxiety leaves your Character without you noticing it...one of the benefits, in this case, of low Stress. :)

Thanks!

Monteverdi;

This is almost certainly correct. In order to cast a Spell, you must not only know the Spell, but also know it's constituent Phemes. Usually, Classes or related Skills will teach you them, so you might try that avenue of research. ;)

That's correct: upon checking, I lack Clarity. ;) But oddly enough, though my character has 3 in Character and 6 in Confidence, Rhetoric, the skill governing Clarity, is at 0.

Gwendy's trapper ability gets the weirdest things. Not the animals- those make sense. But the first part of the ability, that I wonder if it may be unintended (as the description never mentions it). It seems to always succeed, and most of the time, she brings back crafting material- wood I see a lot of, but also some metal items that could be used for forging. Oh, and some fruit. But then somedays, she brings back things like a signpost Jere and the player character made (which doesn't make sense), a gossip sheet about Neta, a drawing of you... I think she's pulling from a large list. If that part of Trapper is to stay, it should probably be adjusted so she only brings back fruits and woods and maybe rocks... things she could find foraging while hunting, I guess.

Random Event Student - Eliana 2 Throuhgout

Eliana's familiar is not named in the adventure, but throughout refers to it by feminine pronouns despite her familiar being a male hedgehog. Thanks to Leoshi for pointing out Chicory Pete is male!

Edit: removed quote of previous post

Journalism 4 (or Blackmail 4- it was the same raise) offers ‘Puff Piece’, which sounds like a recipe (I'm just trying to figure out if it's for a style of writing, a pastry, or pompoms ;)), but doesn’t show up in the recipes area or give any information when clicked on.

Blend into a Crowd - (Society - Minetan Swagger 2) - Intimidation decrease mentioned in description but does not exist as an effect

Interrogate Person - (Spy 7) - Typo: Using the Interrogate Action pits your Iie Skill (Iie should be Lie)

Archived