Black Chicken Studios Forums

Eeek! Planet Storm!

CremePudding

Prerequisite: Relationship with Kate Badcrumble >= 3

Player in Avlia

Perhaps you shouldn't came after all. But when you are chummy with dear Professor Badcrumble, there is not much choice.

At least you got all these nice planets floating around to distract you, right?

Your fellow students probably disagree. Cyrus Dawes is foaming at the mouth (admittedly making him much less appealing to the girls), Irene Oxina is trying to bury her head into a teapot (risking extended lecture from Badcrumble), Oriabel Sidot is lying on the ground, unconscious-

The door to the planetarium swing open. Lucky Ana Flavia Bessa, she is late enough to miss most lecture-

And then a large, blue sphere immediately fall on top of Ana.

Right. You should never describe poor Ana as lucky, and-

- and it seems the rest of the planets and stars in the planetarium is heading straight for Professor Kate Badcrumble, not just falling towards her, but actively homing onto her!

Perhaps you should do something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigation 1: Brute Strength. Throw your other classmates to a safe place first! (Strength/Brute Strength v.10)

Main Text:

Well, maybe you should get your unconscious classmate out of the way first? Professor Badcrumble probably can hold off the planets on her own for a while.

Success:

Luckily for you, Professor Badcrumble didn't invite any giants along the likes of Piccolet Gleyre to her tea party. With a few grunts, you manage to pick your fellow students up and throw them into a discreet corner.

It should be easier to deal with the planets now that you don't have to worry about the planets landing on your fellow students.

+5 Chance Of Success

Failure:

Luckily for you, Professor Badcrumble didn't invite any giants along the likes of Piccolet Gleyre to her tea party. With a few grunts, you manage to pick your fellow students up and throw them into a discreet corner.

Your strength isn't up to the task though - Cyrus is too heavy, and you didn't quite manage to throw him into a discreet corner like Irene or Oriabel. Instead, he landed on a table nearby, which promptly break downs.

...You hope Olivia Solari will never know about that.

+3 Chance Of Success

-1 Vitality to Cyrus Dawes

Exit 1: Shattered Mirrors (background). Hijack the spotlight! (Automatic Success, requires background)

You clear your throat, reminding the rampaging planets and stars of your existence.

The effect is not exactly what you expected; instead of simply redirecting themselves at you, all the planets begins to shine, and then shatter like mirrors from your birth-

"That's an incredible spell, Legate. Not even phemes are drawn! Is that the Astrology Professor?" An aristocrat remarks excitedly as she walk by with Orso Orsi.

"Oh... er... Not really. @playername@ is just a extremely talented student at... Incantation*, if I am not mistaken."

"Just a student? How impressive! I must say, I no longer have any doubt about your school..."

Great. Now you have a extremely annoyed Kate Badcrumble fuming at you for somehow breaking the entire model of solar system and almost usurping her position as a professor.

On the other hand, that is really impressive to the rest of the students. At least this time you have a sliver lining in the cloud! [is that the correct pharse?]

+1 Glory

+1 Pure Luck

-4 Relationship with Kate Badcrumble

*I am not aware of any Astrology spell that actually make things shatter.

Exit 2: Pure Luck. Everything will be fine, even with Ana at your side! (Luck/Pure Luck v.15)

Success:

It is a nice day today, and you are absolutely sure the rest of the day is going to be equally nice.

Don't you remember? You picked up 10 pims on the way to your class, you managed to get the only slice of cake from Kate Badcrumble, and Kate Badcrumble had the good sense to get Asmita Tidar bake a cake...

Look! As you reminiscence of all the pleasant things today, a gust of wind has brought forth a hurricane of four leaf clovers, pushing the stars into their original positions.

And the 10 pims is still in your pocket.

+10 Pims

+1 Pure Luck

Failure:

It is a nice day today, and you are absolutely sure the rest of the day is going to be equally nice-

The stars disagree by landing on you.

At least you don't have to listen to these lecture now that you are unconscious.

-3 Vitality

-1 Stress

Exit 3: Incantation. Out the room you go! (Finesse/Incantation v. 10)

Success:

It is only a bunch of big spheres. Nothing you can't really handle!

See? It isn't so hard. Just a few wind spell and all the planets are held in place by a tornado for Professor Badcrumble to fix.

She thanks you profusely, and upon a quick glance around the room, permits all of you to be on your way to rest.

Not that any of your fellow students are in any position to even leave.

+1 Incantation Methods

+1 Relationship with Kate Badcrumble

Failure:

It is only a bunch of big spheres. Nothing you can't really handle!

See? It isn't so hard. Just a few wind spell and all the planets are held in place by a tornado for Professor Badcrumble to fix.

...Unfortunately, you are also floating on the top of the tornado you created yourself.

She thanks you (or your unconscious body) profusely, and upon a quick glance around the room, permits all of you to be on your way to rest.

Not that anyone is still standing.

-3 Vitality

Exit 4: Astrology. Cast Harmony of Celestial Revolutions. (Finesse/Astrology v. 4)

Success:

Well... This whole mess is about planets and stars and Astrology, isn't it?

And what better options than casting an actual Astrology spell to fix it?

You tense up and wave your wand...

For a moment, nothing happens - and then the stars obediently go back to the original position.

"Why, thank you! It is good to see a student actually bothers to solve problem with Astrology in the Astrology classroom itself," Professor Badcrumble smiles. "Now, let's get on with the tea party..."

Groan! It is up to you now; everyone else is still lying on the floor unconscious one way or the other. Looks like Ana's misfortune isn't helping much here!

+1 Theory Of Astrology

+1 Stress

Failure:

Well... This whole mess is about planets and stars and Astrology, isn't it?

And what better options than casting an actual Astrology spell to fix it?

You tense up and wave your wand...

For a moment, nothing happens - and then the stars decided to propel Professor Badcrumble out of the building!

Let's just say Professor Badcrumble is too shocked to recognize your fault.

Unfortunately, she landed right on top of Orso Orsi, so that's that.

+1 Stress

-1 Relationship with Orso Orsi

Yep, it is a rip-off of that event.

I ask because Investigation 1 assume there are class camerades of you there and you also assume that the char have a interest in astronomy or Astrology.

You also assume the Char knows of this room what I only think Astronomy class char have for sure.

Thats why I expect this to be Astronomy class chars onlyl, Maybe it sould be even Avila only because of you focus on this NPCs.

I ask because of Investigation 1 because this assume there are class camerades of you there and you assume that the char have a interest in astronomy or Astrology.

You also assume the Char knows of this room what I only think Astronomy class char have for sure.

Thats why I expect this to be Astronomy class chars onlyl, Maybe it sould be even Avila only because of you focus on this NPCs.

That's a good point, I completely forgot about them.

Avlia only then :lol:

Archived