Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 11 bugs n stuff

Adrian

Revision Study Level 6 and 7 are supposed to reward you with spells, according to the wiki and the mod tools, but reaching them doesn't seem to have offered my character anything. If it helps, I reached the study levels on the 8th and 9th of Athonos, so I don't have many phemes... but that was all that I could come up with for a 'why'.

I think that the success and failure text is reversed in Illusion and Misdirection 03 quest at the Gates Exit. I was a master at Gates and the ghost faded away. I kept wondering why I was failing until I played with a novice at it and it worked despite it being purple.

Put to Paper has that same odd bug the fourth Sphinx roll does, in that occasionally gives you a point of a Research skill rather then a normal skill.

As an aside, I think if you research the skill, you should 'learn it'. My character got a Syntex 1 research from Put to Paper, but she doesn't know the Syntex subskill.

Creme's awesome Awesome Community Event 39 could do with a re-spacing: none of the paragraphs have any spaces between them.

The Early Empire 8 gave me 'You have learned about Certificate of Imperial Favor' twice, but did not sadly give me a recipe or a lore or whatever it's supposed to give.

Awesome Community 36 needs spaces between paragraphs. Same with 38. Looking in the mod tools, it appears most of the Awesome Community events were copy and pasted rather then retyped in to the tools (as the font is different), which is what makes them have such odd spacing as compared to all other events.

I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but like the Forbidden Archives, the Restricted Section of the V Library is available as a passive location that gives nothing but detention chance if you hang around there.

Still feels like the Arithmetic Classroom should be given to you at the beginning of the year like all the other classrooms- not knowing where you're taking that class is really weird. (And the skills lacking classrooms really could use them!)

Conversation 8 is still reducing my relationship with a fellow student by -2. I think I already reported that one, but my brain's a bit mushy right now so I figure I'll report again.

Friendship 9 involves helping Marigrete with a kitty in a tree, with the event referring to her as your friend at least twice. Problem was, she was my character's Morvidus rival of doom, and we were already at -6 at that point. It checks for rivalry, but I think it should check to make sure you have at least -2 with her, if not 0 or 2. My character might have been wiling to rescue kitties from trees with her, but they most certainty weren't friends. (As an aside, feels like that event could use an Incantation/levitation exit, similar to the Snowball can fly! one.)

Sprite Bond Adventure 02 (Keeping A Lid On It), Concentration success- 'Your sprite even told you that once during glamour class,' appears even if the character does not take Glamour.

Random Event Theater 4, History success, bad link. 'Catherine must continue on in the spirit of her namesake; this could be (sekrit!! bio link (It is Catherine's goal to raise the tuition...))'s big break!' Needs to be replaced with just 'Catherine's'.

Middle Empire 7 gives 'the Rule of Law', which is another one of those odd things that doesn't show up anywhere: I'm not sure if it's a lore or a recipe, just that it's blank when clicked on and that it can't be found elsewhere.

Random Event Common Room 12, Courage Success - the sentence around 'Even if there are evil things in the common room... even if you have to pay a high price', there's a sentence with a period and then no space after it. Sorry for not being more specific- I thought I had recorded it, but apparently not.

Thie Defile Trophy(ies?) Action needs spaces between paragraphs.

History class on the 10th of Hionosi gave me 'Emergency Preparedness Ring' (not an item, either a lore or a recipe), but... no information about it, nothing happens when it's clicked, yadda yadda.

Color Coding Weirdness in Student Adventure Cosetta 3. I had Athletics Green (4fit+4ath vs roll 7), Explore Red (6int+2exp vs roll 11), Blue Incantation (6int+0inc vs roll 10), Puzzles Green (6int+1puz vs roll 10). None of my cliquemates had any skill in explore, though Cosetta had 1 Int and 10 Puzzles. Is that's what would cause the Green/Red/Blue/Green colour deal? A long time ago when I asked, I was told follow the order and ignore the coloring when they conflict... has that changed and one should follow coloring and not order? So very confused. And it seems like Puzzles should have been on top of the Incantation no matter what...

Candies of the Gnawing Void needs a recipe so I can corrupt all of the school to my whims, too. Though I suppose I need to add gifting back in for that. Hm. Er. Not a bug.

Random Event Awesome Community 36, Observation success has 'And is that Phillipe? *shrug*'. The *shrug* doesn't really seem to fit with the rest of the writing in the game: 'You shrug.' would be much more compatible.

Random Event Professor Alazzo 1, in the opening... 'By the time you've picked yourself up, Professordi Lucca Alazzo is glaring at you.' needs the space between the Professor and his name.

...I have Insight 5, Wit 10, and my Familiar (with all three Bond skills at 10) has Wit 6. Yet I seem to miss one of every seven or so Imperial Sphinx rolls. Raising my Familiar to Wit 8, and then Wit 10 seemed to have no influence. What's going on there? The roll is supposedly '13', but I keep missing it. It actually seems to be happening more and more often now then it did back when the roll was much more chancy!

Random Event Library 4, Hunting Success- 'The wizard points at the cage.With apologetic eyes' (My apologies, that may not be the exact text, but it should be close- there needs to be a space after a period .)

Did the 'Once Discovered...' adventure, using Diplomacy -> Wait for Impotence Realization -> I Accept -> They realize this is the last charity they can expect from me -> No, I always keep my word. I was informed at the end of the day that I had added 1 Divaesque the Living to myself and that I had learned about Diavesque the living, but I was not given the 'Divaesque' skill nor the 'Summon Terrors' skill, and there's no actual item (though it is listed under the recipes section) in my inventory.

Awesome Community 32 (and then one with Vettor and the lake prank... something 6, maybe?) has too many eclipses and lack of spaces between paragraphs (or lines, as the case often is). The Theories of Yellow book, given through 32, also lacks spaces between paragraphs. Also, boo to the lack of King of Yellow tie-ins.

Olivia 04 / Ingredient Hunting - '...how wonderful your life will be with your new-found popularity.' An extra space there. (Not sure if new-found is correct, either, but I use it, so, eh. XD)

The Pranksters part of Cosetta's adventure, where you're being spy-ish and Blackmail-ish towards Emilia has Emilia's name constantly done as "'sEmilia".

The adventure with the tunnel/temple, that starts when you have Explore and Ambush 5, has no spaces between paragraphs/lines the full time, either. It starts with something about following Tracks. Sorry... I've been keeping the internet and word closed when I play to try and cut down on the memory (Academagia is regularly hitting 800,000+K, which is a bit surprising to me- EUIII doesn't even hit that high).

Farewell to the Muffler (Irene's Adventure second to last stage), concentration failure - 'Unfortunately 3She is sobbing too loudly...'

Hm... now I'm really confused. Finished Irene's adventure with a success on Oratory and thus the Charm raise, but I didn't get a friendship bracelet even though the mod tools say I should.

Adventure Olivia 07 - 'You indulge Oliviaand tell her that you...'

Student Adventure Cosetta 8 / The End on Nigh, using the Traps success, my relationship rose by 3 with Emilia Strolin. Cosetta was maxed at 10 relationship. Bluff raised to 8 on the same day, but the Emilia stuff is right before the Finesse raise for the Cosetta adventure rather then down under the Bluff heading, and I don't think Bluff 8 gives a student relationship anyway- besides, 3 is an odd number for skill raises (it's usually 2 or 1... and why am I typing this, as you obviously would know that more then I do? Oi vei...), while Cosetta's adventure gives 3 relationship with her as a reward. Seems very odd.

Archived